Qualifications For Politicians

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
Idea: If any person wants to run for office and be a representative of We The People, they should have to qualify by having run their own business for a set amount of time. They should have to pass mental acuity tests and an anal-exam security probe.

Idea: If any person wants to run for office and be a representative of We The People, they should have to qualify by having run their own business for a set amount of time. They should have to pass mental acuity tests and an anal-exam security probe.

Didn't we already get that back in 2016, or did I dream that?

Didn't we already get that back in 2016, or did I dream that?
Yep but at that time the experience requirement I suggest wasn't in place. We just got lucky and followed our instincts but instincts can be undermined by power and bureaucracy as we fount out. Maybe it's time to put conservative guidelines in place, liberals do it all the time.

1). We as voters get to scour their tax returns for the last 20 years
2). Must have served in military.
3). Business owning is not necessary and proves less than nothing.

Apparently having a lifetime political career proves less than nothing too. :laughing0301:

Seriously, I would be satisfied if they were required to have had a REAL JOB (or run a business, of course) at some time in their lives.

Of course, there would have to be a Royal High Arbitrator of "Real Jobs." I'm willing.

Tests...

Because giving the government direct control over the person that is going to head it rather than the people is such a wonderful idea....

Asinine does not even cover it.

Tell us again where the right supports 'small government.'

#2 is inherently counter to a core notion that this government was founded upon.

sarcasm
What a surprise to see it placed here.
/sarcasm

Even more insane thinking that owning and operating a business means 'less than nothing' but military service is the gold standard...

Tests...

Because giving the government direct control over the person that is going to head it rather than the people is such a wonderful idea....

Asinine does not even cover it.

Tell us again where the right supports 'small government.'
Right now, the government already has direct control over that person. Just look a Biden. He's not in control, he's just pretending. You failed to comprehend. I said actually real business experience. That would not be a 'test' it would be a qualification.

No, owning a business would be mandatory. Clean taxes and military service are both nice but involve government.

Right now, the government already has direct control over that person. Just look a Biden. He's not in control, he's just pretending. You failed to comprehend. I said actually real business experience. That would not be a 'test' it would be a qualification.
Really, I misunderstood this
"They should have to pass mental acuity tests"

I mean, your OP was 2 whole sentences. I know it is a lot asking you to remember what you posted in BOTH of them but I figured you would be able to...

Really, I misunderstood this
"They should have to pass mental acuity tests"

I mean, your OP was 2 whole sentences. I know it is a lot asking you to remember what you posted in BOTH of them but I figured you would be able to...
Well yeah that too, I would hope that would be a requirement, wouldn't you? But then Biden wouldn't be POTUS and you might be weeping I guess.

The mainstream media used to be responsible for the anal security probe of candidates but it only happens with republicans. We still don't know what Obama's original B.C. looks like even though it's a Constitutional requirement for the job.

The mainstream media used to be responsible for the anal security probe of candidates but it only happens with republicans. We still don't know what Obama's original B.C. looks like even though it's a Constitutional requirement for the job.
It’s a Constitutional requirement that you see a president’s original birth certificate? :lol:

Well yeah that too, I would hope that would be a requirement, wouldn't you? But then Biden wouldn't be POTUS and you might be weeping I guess.
Nope.

I do not want the government in charge of administering any 'test' of ability to hold office.

What is so monumentally moronic about your statements is that you actually believe that Biden would not pass such a test. Of course he would have. Easily. He is a government stooge. His type are the ONLY people that would pass the test.

Trump, on the other hand, would have not had a snowballs chance in hell of passing such a test. There is no way in hell that the powered elite would have allowed Trump to take office if they had such an easily abused tool like a 'test' to run for office.

But, in your ignorance, you declare I am the one that would be weeping if Biden was not POTUS. How ironic.

Nope.

I do not want the government in charge of administering any 'test' of ability to hold office.

What is so monumentally moronic about your statements is that you actually believe that Biden would not pass such a test. Of course he would have. Easily. He is a government stooge. His type are the ONLY people that would pass the test.

Trump, on the other hand, would have not had a snowballs chance in hell of passing such a test. There is no way in hell that the powered elite would have allowed Trump to take office if they had such an easily abused tool like a 'test' to run for office.

But, in your ignorance, you declare I am the one that would be weeping if Biden was not POTUS. How ironic.
Trump passed a Montreal Cognitive Test that now CNN is trying to downplay because Biden refuses to take one. Biden refuses to take the test because he would not have 'a snowball's chance in Hell of passing such a test.' Dr. Sanjay Gupta is claiming Joe is OK, he's basically covering for Ol' Joe.

Last edited:
Trump passed a Montreal Cognitive Test that now CNN is trying to downplay because Biden refuses to take one. Biden refuses to take the test because he would not have 'a snowball's chance in Hell of passing such a test.' Dr. Sanjay Gupta is claiming Joe is OK, he's basically covering for Ol' Joe.
All of which is immaterial to any point posed.

Nice try though.

No, he didn't.
Trump CLAIMED he did.

July 22 2020
President Trump on Wednesday night resurrected his story about a 2018 cognitive test he insists he got a “perfect mark” on, now claiming he also got “extra points” for a particularly impressive feat.

The feat? Repeating the words “person, woman, man, camera, TV” in the right order.

Saying he took his cognitive test “probably a year ago or less than a year ago,” he went on to recount that he asked former White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson if there was some kind of “acuity test” he could take, which occurred in early 2018.

“He said there actually is, and he named it, whatever it might be,” Trump said. “And it was 30 or 35 questions—the first questions are very easy and the last questions are much more difficult. Like a memory question.”

Describing the memory recall portion of the test, Trump said he was asked to repeat the words “person, woman, man, camera, TV,” prompting him to act out the whole thing.

“And then, 10 minutes, 15 minutes later, remember the first question, not the first but the tenth question? Give us that again,” Trump said, playing the administrating doctor. “And you go ‘person, woman, man, camera, TV.’ If you get it in order, you get extra points!”

Trump claimed the doctors told him that “nobody gets in order” and while it isn’t easy, it “was easy” for him. Adding that the doctors then “go back” to that question “20-25 minutes later,” Trump repeated the phrase before insisting this left the doctors in awe.

“They say, ‘That is amazing. How did you do that?” Trump declared. “I do it because I have, like, a good memory. Because I’m cognitively there.”

Chris Wallace, however, pointed out to Trump that the exam isn’t actually hard, as it is meant to test cognitive impairment.

“They have a picture and it says ‘what’s that’ and it’s an elephant,” Wallace said to Trump on Sunday. Trump insisted at the time that other questions were much harder and Wallace “couldn’t answer many of the questions” while claiming he personally “answered all 35 questions correctly.”

MoCA, a 30-point assessment that is administered over 10 minutes.

You can remember that but can't remember what test it was, when you took it, or how many questions were involved.

Yep, a "genius"

Forum List

Back