Romney- Hang Obama

CaféAuLait;3590744 said:
In context it was not racist.

"You remember that during the Ronald Reagan-Jimmy Carter debates, that Ronald Reagan came up with this great thing about the Misery Index? And he hung that around Jimmy Carter's neck and that had a lot to do with Jimmy Carter losing," Romney told the crowd at the Americans for Prosperity summit.

"Well we're going to have to hang the Obama Misery Index around his neck. And I'll tell you, the fact that you've got people in this country really squeezed with gasoline getting so expensive, with commodities getting so expensive, families are having a hard time making ends meet… We're going to hang him with that -- uh, so to speak, metaphorically, with, uh, you have to be careful these days, I learned that -- with an Obama Misery Index."

I do believe he saw people trying to make it a racist comment so he assured he wanted people to know how he meant it.

The libbies look ridiculous trying to pretend that what Romney said was racist.

If they were honest (instead of being the ALWAYS partisan hacks so many of them tend to be), they wouldn't have even blinked at what Romney ACTUALLY said.

I'm not a supporter of Romney. But to try to smear him with this bullshit will only serve to make these partisan hack liberals look even less honest. No easy task.

who gives a shit? This political correctness is getting out of hand. Anyone with an ounce of fucking sense knows that Romney is not a racist.

Neither is Trump. But it doesn't stop him from playing to that crowd..does it?

No he doesn't . Have you ever stopped to consider that not everyone that questions Obama's citizenship is a racist? That shit is on you, not on those who do but aren't racists. If I see Trump at a KKK meeting, I will absolutely concede that he is pandering to racists.

By the by, what is the point of having a pissed off gorilla as your avatar, are you pandering to race baiters?

noose.jpg

This will cause Romney's popularity among the right wing to "skyrocket". Saying out loud what most of the base was only thinking.

You're joking, right?

I think this one was a slip up.

I think Romney is not a bad guy.

I just dont agree with much of his philosophy.

He does however need to be very careful with his words due to the racist nature of his chosen religion.

who gives a shit? This political correctness is getting out of hand. Anyone with an ounce of fucking sense knows that Romney is not a racist.

No he doesn't . Have you ever stopped to consider that not everyone that questions Obama's citizenship is a racist? That shit is on you, not on those who do but aren't racists. If I see Trump at a KKK meeting, I will absolutely concede that he is pandering to racists.

By the by, what is the point of having a pissed off gorilla as your avatar, are you pandering to race baiters?

No American President has ever had his citizenship questioned in this manner. None. And the Constitution doesn't require a birth certificate to run.

What's changed?

Oh yeah..he's black.

Racism - MormonWiki.org

White people, a "pure" race?
It is certainly racist where the 1830 Book of Mormon says that the people who God blesses shall not pass away "save they shall be a white and a delightsome people" (2 Nephi 30:6). To compound matters, the LDS Church has altered this text in newer editions changing the word "white" to say "pure." To give the benefit of doubt that they were not intentionally altering the meaning in this text, it is fair to say that the LDS church views these words as complimentary adjectives which describe the people whom God blesses. To be white is to be pure and to be pure is to be white. This doctrine of racial superiority is certainly supported in other such passages as 2 Nephi 5:21 where formerly white people (the passage also says their white skin was very fair and delightsome) are cursed by God with black skin as a punishment. To be black is to be cursed and to be cursed is to be black.

Last edited:

No American President has ever had his citizenship questioned in this manner. None. And the Constitution doesn't require a birth certificate to run.

What's changed?

Oh yeah..he's black.

You're kidding right?

Here's ONE example to prove you wrong. Many people believed then, and still believe that Chester A Arthur was in fact a Canadian.

Natural Born Citizen

Chester A Arthur was white.

So shut up about this only because he's black.

Oh, and no answer on the avatar question? Revealing.

What's changed?

Oh yeah..he's black.

no but it requires American birth within the rules defined, your post in that context is borderline dishonest.

Further the crowd would use anything they could get their hands on, that doesn't make it racist which to me, makes you either a projectionist or dishonest.

Nothing racist about the metaphor, move along, nothing to see.

Romney Stumbles With 'Hang Obama' Line in N.H.

(NewsCore) - MANCHESTER, N.H. -- Republican 2012 frontrunner Mitt Romney put his foot in his mouth Friday night, saying that Republicans needed to "hang" President Barack Obama during an event in Manchester, N.H.

"Well we're going to have to hang the Obama Misery Index around his neck. And I'll tell you, the fact that you've got people in this country really squeezed with gasoline getting so expensive, with commodities getting so expensive, families are having a hard time making ends meet… We're going to hang him with that -- uh, so to speak, metaphorically, with, uh, you have to be careful these days, I learned that -- with an Obama Misery Index." http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/ro...-obama-line-in-nh-dpgonc-20110430-bb_12997573

The first part I see no problem with at all. The second part you have to make Racist in your mind to see it that way. Still not a great choice of words. There is just so much out there competing with it on both sides. It's no more than a glitch.

Arthur never produced a bith certificate.

Obama gave his from the very start, Then the right lied aobut it not being a legal doc.

The doc he provided WAS and IS the legal doc accepted by all entities as proof of birth.

Obama gave his from the very start, Then the right lied aobut it not being a legal doc.

The doc he provided WAS and IS the legal doc accepted by all entities as proof of birth.

Whether Arthur produced a BC or not is irrelevant, the claim was made that no other President has had his citizenship so questioned. That claim is false.

Oh by the way, birth certificates were pretty uncommon in Arthur's day, so no one really considered the lack of one to be proof of anything; rather there was other reasons people believed what they believed; and Arthur DID produce evidence that was acceptable in his day that he was a natural born citizen; obviously or he had never been accepted by Congress.

Must you try to spin everything to protect your lefty friends?

What's changed?

Oh yeah..he's black.

You're kidding right?

Here's ONE example to prove you wrong. Many people believed then, and still believe that Chester A Arthur was in fact a Canadian.

Natural Born Citizen

Chester A Arthur was white.

So shut up about this only because he's black.

Oh, and no answer on the avatar question? Revealing.

Oh..so you had to go back 100 years or so to find a case similar to Obama..:lol:

Here's a clue on the Avatar..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InnMUffpgrU]YouTube - American Werewolf in london transfromation edited.wmv[/ame]

It's not a pissed off Gorilla.

America needs someone like Romney, so he is right. We should hang Obama.

Obama is the worst. He gave us Obamacare. We need people like Romney and the Heritage Foundation to give Americans actual HC reform.

Whether Arthur produced a BC or not is irrelevant, the claim was made that no other President has had his citizenship so questioned. That claim is false.

Oh by the way, birth certificates were pretty uncommon in Arthur's day, so no one really considered the lack of one to be proof of anything; rather there was other reasons people believed what they believed; and Arthur DID produce evidence that was acceptable in his day that he was a natural born citizen; obviously or he had never been accepted by Congress.

Well President Barack Obama has produced more then enough proof of his citizenship.

Think the matter is over?

Not by a longshot.

Then tell us why when Obama supplied everything nessesary to proove himself legal the right pretended it was not real?

What's changed?

Oh yeah..he's black.

no but it requires American birth within the rules defined, your post in that context is borderline dishonest.

Further the crowd would use anything they could get their hands on, that doesn't make it racist which to me, makes you either a projectionist or dishonest.

Well you're talking about the Realpolitik aren't ya? I generally don't have a problem with that..but some care should be employed. This whole wedge issue nonsense has opened up an ugly can of worms in this country.

Forum List

Back