Roman Catholic Church Has A Pagan Roots

Note to the OP: EVERYTHING is rooted in prechristianity Paganism to at least some extent.
Yep. The Jesus figure in the bible could even had been modeled on Dionysus.

Jesus wasn't the first religious figure with the same backstory as previous ones. Buddha was supposedly born to a virgin as well as one of the big deities in the Egyptian pantheon.
his mother had been married for quite a while....are you disparaging her husband's virility?....

If that's all you've got, good luck.

The pagan roots can't be more obvious. Jesus (Horus and others), Mary (any number of Goddesses);
atheists are dumber than a pile of rocks.....do I have to prove the same thing over and over again?.....

The pagan roots can't be more obvious. Jesus (Horus and others), Mary (any number of Goddesses);
atheists are dumber than a pile of rocks.....do I have to prove the same thing over and over again?.....

^^^ Speaking of dumber than a pile of rocks....^^^

if the rcc is pagan in nature so is every protestant sect

Not necessarily. Protestants could have broken off because of the pagan roots returning to a more Scripturally sound verison.

As long as they still have a Solstice called "Christmas" and an spring fertility festival to Ishtar called "Easter" and such trappings--- they''re still steeped in the same pagan history.
not really.....we still are celebrating the birth and resurrection of Christ......the fact they occur on two of the 365 days of the year does not make them pagan......

Note to the OP: EVERYTHING is rooted in prechristianity Paganism to at least some extent.

Jesus wasn't the first religious figure with the same backstory as previous ones. Buddha was supposedly born to a virgin as well as one of the big deities in the Egyptian pantheon.
his mother had been married for quite a while....are you disparaging her husband's virility?....

???....you mean if all I have to show she wasn't a virgin was that she wasn't a virgin I need to have luck as well?......the problem with pretending Jesus was a copy of Buddha lies with the fact that atheists lie about Buddha, not that Christians have lied about Jesus......

^^^ Speaking of dumber than a pile of rocks....^^^
well, if you want to prove which of us is dumber than a pile of rocks, trot out your evidence that Jesus is like Horus......I am ready to embarrass you any time you want.......

???....you mean if all I have to show she wasn't a virgin was that she wasn't a virgin I need to have luck as well?......the problem with pretending Jesus was a copy of Buddha lies with the fact that atheists lie about Buddha, not that Christians have lied about Jesus......

I suspect you have never heard of the First Council of Nicea.

I have.....they passed no resolutions recognizing the virginity of Buddha's mother.....got anything else?.....

I have.....they passed no resolutions recognizing the virginity of Buddha's mother.....got anything else?.....

I see that you don't understand what the Council did nor the Nicene Creed.

apparently I can't read your mind....does that make me a bad Christian?......(the Nicene Creed does not mention Buddha's mother either)......

do you always have this much trouble staying on topic?......

apparently I can't read your mind....does that make me a bad Christian?......(the Nicene Creed does not mention Buddha's mother either)......

do you always have this much trouble staying on topic?......

You really have a sad little persecution complex, in addition to your cognitive deficiencies and overall lack of knowledge about history and life in general.

be that as it may, I see you still have not managed to document the roots of Jesus in the life of Horus......I guess that leaves you as the one dumber than a pile of rocks, yes?......

Not necessarily. Protestants could have broken off because of the pagan roots returning to a more Scripturally sound verison.

As long as they still have a Solstice called "Christmas" and an spring fertility festival to Ishtar called "Easter" and such trappings--- they''re still steeped in the same pagan history.
not really.....we still are celebrating the birth and resurrection of Christ......the fact they occur on two of the 365 days of the year does not make them pagan......

The fact of where the date came from does.

The fact of where the date came from does.
well lets see....Easter is determined by the Jewish Passover.....Christmas was selected to keep people from celebrating a pagan holiday, not to copy it......what is it you think makes them pagan?......

:rolleyes:

Denialists...
does that mean you have nothing?.......because I expect if you had something it would have been easy enough to mention it........

No, it means I work for a living and ain't about to stay up all night waxing elucidational about stuff that's been done to death already, right here on these pages. Catch me on one of those pagan holydays. We'll do it all over again and then pretend we didn't.

Here ya go -- oldie but goodie. Search the religion forum around Easter and such and I'm sure you'll find more.

Last edited:

Denialists...
does that mean you have nothing?.......because I expect if you had something it would have been easy enough to mention it........

No, it means I work for a living and ain't about to stay up all night waxing elucidational about stuff that's been done to death already, right here on these pages. Catch me on one of those pagan holydays. We'll do it all over again and then pretend we didn't.

Here ya go -- oldie but goodie. Search the religion forum around Easter and such and I'm sure you'll find more.
I'm confused....why should the fact you've posted something stupid before and didn't back it up, satisfy my complaint that you've posted something stupid now and not backed it up?......

Denialists...

I'm confused....

No shit.

Forum List

Back