Roma Christians Christmas programme.

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
I dont know why but there was music and sound, they did sing, but now when I uploaded the video to Youtube the sound is down.

Do Romas follow the Catholic sect, or the Eastern or Greek or Russian Orthodox? They wouldn't be Anglicans or Lutherans, it seems to me.

Do Romas follow the Catholic sect, or the Eastern Orthodox?

They are all over the place traditionally but a recent phenomenon is that there are evangelical roma churches, I point that out because that strikes me as distinct, that there are roma churches. Or majority roma churches, the other religions are not distinctly majority roma, like catholicism or orthodoxy

They are all over the place traditionally but a recent phenomenon is that there are evangelical roma churches, I point that out because that strikes me as distinct, that there are roma churches. Or majority roma churches, the other religions are not distinctly majority roma, like catholicism or orthodoxy

I would think the Baptists would be popular with outliers as an evangelical sect; it is more looser, not a lot of weird rules and no baptisms except by free will choice.

I would think the Baptists would be popular with outliers as an evangelical sect; it is more looser, not a lot of weird rules and no baptisms except by free will choice.
Yes and because it is easy to be your own race, similar as like the black baptist churches, etc. in orthodoxy you are basically second class to whites, just like in catholicism or in islam to arabs and turks etc. roma are segregated, and such evangelical sects allow them to practice their own roma christianity and identity.

Ah, it seems the Pentecostals have the most appeal; not surprising, since they seem to have the most fun. My favorite TV host who covers a lot of archaeology in Israel and the ME and has some excellent series of DVD's on it is a Pentecostal.

I guess so. Evangelical Roma Pentecoastal Church in Lübeck, I think that is in Germany. I think they are rare in Serbia, but they are very popular in Western Europe. I think in Serbia they would face persecution, in Bulgaria too.

I think in Serbia they would face persecution by nationalists, A because they are considered cults and B because they are Roma. In Bulgaria of course too. Maybe in Romania there is more freedom.

Forum List

Back