Rogers: No Great Loss

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Boo-hoo, Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Mike Rogers, is not running for reelection. I don’t see his departure as a great loss to anyone except the person who gave the order to stand down while the attack in Benghazi was in progress.

Nobody in the White House knew how long our people could hold out. In truth, it was possible for them to hold out for 24 hours or more. Neither Mike Rogers nor anyone else ever challenged the biggest lie the Administration told “There wasn’t enough time for help to get there in time.” That lie has been disproved beyond any doubt, yet nobody in Congress is asking who issued the order to stand down.

Congressional committees are so adept at protecting the people at the top of every scandal they could cover up the rain’s part in a mudslide. Although it is highly unlikely that the next chairman might actually try to identify the culprit responsible for abandoning Americans in combat there is a one in a million chance he or she will unwittingly screw up and blow the lid off of the coverup.

Watch the All Star Panel discussion if you’re not familiar with the sanitized version of Rogers’ departure:

As near as I can tell, Rogers investigated the spin about Benghazi.

Krauthammer discussed the Michigan congressman’s retirement on a Fox News panel with The Weekly Standard’s Steve Hayes and USA Today columnist Kirsten Powers. Hayes noted that Rogers’ departure means his committee’s Bengahzi investigation will “probably not” be completed under his watch — and that some Republicans may be relieved . . .

Whenever FOX’s lady liberal, Kirsten Powers, praises a Republican you know he did something right for Democrats. I could have gone all day without Powers telling me that Hillary Clinton wants fewer investigations:

Powers called Rogers “very effective” at his job, adding that she didn’t understand any criticism of Rogers about Benghazi. “They’re verging on doing too many investigations into it, not not enough” she said. “They keep doing the same investigation over and over, hoping to get a different answer from the people they bring before them.”

Krauthammer: Mike Rogers’ retirement ‘dismaying if you believe in Congress’
8:25 PM 03/28/2014
Brendan Bordelon​

Maybe Powers can understand this criticism: Rogers did not try to find out who issued the order to stand down! And how about the truth from the people they bring in. That would be a different answer.

Oh well, I must say that anything is better than the story about da plane, da plane.

Cool. Conservatives eating their own

To mamooth: Work on your definitions. Mike Rogers is an establishment Republican.

because they're not insane enough about the various conspiracy theories.

To mamooth: Not even liberal talking heads are calling the attack in Benghazi a conspiracy theory. Suzy Five Shows laid down the first conspiracy theory when she blamed the attack on a homemade video nobody saw. The only real conspiracy in the entire affair is the one coving up who issued the order to stand down.

Pass the popcorn.

To mamooth: Are you sure you’re not confusing your meds with popcorn.

Forum List

Back