Roe vs Wade Is a Bad Ruling

I know it happens. I once had unprotected sex myself. ONCE.

My point is that it IS irresponsible, and that other people don’t have to allow the woman all sorts of leeway to have an abortion whenever she wants, wherever she wants, if her lack of acting responsibly ended up in a pregnancy. She still has four weeks (if the cut-off is at six weeks) or 10 weeks (if the cut-off is at 12 weeks) to abort the fetus.

There is no justification for making a fetus feel pain, in addition to losing its life, because the mother not only acted irresponsibly with birth control but hemmed and hawed for four months trying to decide what to do.

SOMETHING should be required of the woman. At a minimum, to abort a fetus before it has to suffer a painful ending.

Understood. I get where you are coming from. We just do not agree on where to draw that line.

Understood. I get where you are coming from. We just do not agree on where to draw that line.
Well, that’s where reasonable people debate and come to some sort of compromise. You seem reasonable, so let’s continue….

ideally, I’d like abortion to be restricted, IF the state so chooses, at any point after six weeks. That means the mother has four weeks - a full month - after knowing (or suspecting) she’s pregnant to decide what to do and make arrangements.

I realize that’s too early, in your opinion. What then would you say about 16 weeks? That means the mother has around 14 weeks, or three whole months, to make up her mind and get the deed done.

i don’t want to have the fetus suffer pain, in addition to that It is being robbed of the chance of a long and happy lifetime, at the very point its life is ended. Doesnt That sound reasonable?

Well, that’s where reasonable people debate and come to some sort of compromise. You seem reasonable, so let’s continue….

ideally, I’d like abortion to be restricted, IF the state so chooses, at any point after six weeks. That means the mother has four weeks - a full month - after knowing (or suspecting) she’s pregnant to decide what to do and make arrangements.

I realize that’s too early, in your opinion. What then would you say about 16 weeks? That means the mother has around 14 weeks, or three whole months, to make up her mind and get the deed done.

i don’t want to have the fetus suffer pain, in addition to that It is being robbed of the chance of a long and happy lifetime, at the very point its life is ended. Doesnt That sound reasonable?

I support the trimesters set under Roe.

That being said, Where I would be more likely to assert protecting the fetus would be 16 weeks.

I support the trimesters set under Roe.

That being said, Where I would be more likely to assert protecting the fetus would be 16 weeks.
To me, the idea of permitting abortions all the way through the 2nd trimester is barbaric, and the majority of people agree with me. (Poll below; 7 days ago). That means months 5 and 6, which are indeed viable. My cousin was born in month 6, with some physical handicaps she still has, but went on to earn a Ph.d. and is successful professional.

Seems we could settle on on 16 weeks, month 4. Protects an innocent fetus from enduring an agonizing death, and still allows the woman three months to make arrangements, if she so chooses.

I hope the SCOTUS comes to the same compromise.

I am not a legal scholar, but I'd still like to offer my 2 cents. Roe vs. Wade is needed just as much today as it was 50 years ago when it was enacted. No woman should be forced to give birth to a child she doesn't want or can't take care of. Especially if the Father of the child isn't going to be in his/her life.
Women are entitled to ownership of their bodies. If Roe vs. Wade is overturned it will be a huge mistake.
Now, having said that, I also believe abortion should be a last resort. Every sexually active woman (unless they are married) should be using a good birth control method.

I am not a legal scholar, but I'd still like to offer my 2 cents. Roe vs. Wade is needed just as much today as it was 50 years ago when it was enacted. No woman should be forced to give birth to a child she doesn't want or can't take care of. Especially if the Father of the child isn't going to be in his/her life.
Women are entitled to ownership of their bodies. If Roe vs. Wade is overturned it will be a huge mistake.
Now, having said that, I also believe abortion should be a last resort. Every sexually active woman (unless they are married) should be using a good birth control method.
If Roe is overturned, some states will still allow abortion, but not all of them. It just means the federal government has been removed from the abortion business. The 10th amendment says the fed govt only has the specific powers listed in the Const and abortion is not listed at all. Each state will decide for itself.
In my opinion, the whole debate is unnecessary. Contraceptives are available to everyone and they are cheap. The Democrats are a bunch of idiots. They insist we save lives with gun control and then tell us we should kill millions of unborn babies.

Forum List

Back