Rob Portman Reverses Gay Marriage Stance After Son Comes Out

Excuse me, but is Obama the only one allowed to "evolve" on this matter? He didn't exactly show support until Biden opened his mouth and put Obama on the spot.

For many people, it takes a personal experience to change their hearts and the important thing is that the change takes place.
eusa_doh.gif

I think his "change" had a LITTLE-more-to-do with his....

Which does nothing but show us we have one more self serving hypocrite in elected office who places their own personal feeling above the will of the people who they supposedly represent. No big deal, hell has plenty of room for this fool and his son.

Why do Republicans feel the need to support same sex marriage when a friend or family member comes out? Their constituents elected them to act on their behalf, not make decisions based on personal beliefs.

A Republican elected because he (or she) opposes affirmative action should not go against his (or her) supporters because a son or daughter marries an African-American.

I'm sure you consider yourself a great "Christian".

No I have never made that claim.
If the bitch was my child and did something out of what I taught him that was wrong he would be out on his own

It that second sentence a typo too?

I'm guessing proper-punctuation (compounded with utter-confusion, in this occasion) is considered another o' those evils, in the redneck-community (i.e. looking too-educated).

If the bitch was my child and did something out of what I taught him that was wrong he would be out on his own

Why do you still get offended when someone points out your inability to use our language properly? A better reaction would be to take a few continuing ed classes.
02-17-2013, 09:31 AM
Bigreb calls out LoneLaugher second amendment
http://www.usmessageboard.com/bull-...b-calls-out-lonelaugher-second-amendment.html

If I'm the dumb ass that you say I am you should have no problem debating me head too head?
Chicken shit.

Why do you still get offended when someone points out your inability to use our language properly? A better reaction would be to take a few continuing ed classes.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/bull-...b-calls-out-lonelaugher-second-amendment.html

If I'm the dumb ass that you say I am you should have no problem debating me head too head?
Chicken shit.

First of all, I did not call you a dumb ass. I called you an idiot.

There is no debating you....just as there is no debating a fence post. Especially when it comes to the topic you have chosen. You are wholly unable to remain on topic and avoid making predictions a part of your evidence.........a SUREFIRE debate killer.

Your fantasy in which you pummel a person who is obviously your intellectual superior.......simply by repeating your bullshit and reposting your standard links....is interesting to nobody here.

The fact that your repeated attempts to shame me into entertaining your bore fest have garnered zero attention from anyone ought to serve as a clue.

Try harder. Earn a seat at my table and you may get your wish one day.

I would have disinherited the little bitch

Has anyone noticed how many of the crazies have had to admit that they're not Christians lately? I have. They're nothing more than angry, hateful, pitiable people. They're frauds, cherry-picking conservatism.

If I'm the dumb ass that you say I am you should have no problem debating me head too head?.

That would be "head to head".

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Chicken shit.

There is no debating you....just as there is no debating a fence post. Especially when it comes to the topic you have chosen. You are wholly unable to remain on topic and avoid making predictions a part of your evidence.........a SUREFIRE debate killer.

Your fantasy in which you pummel a person who is obviously your intellectual superior.......simply by repeating your bullshit and reposting your standard links....is interesting to nobody here.

The fact that your repeated attempts to shame me into entertaining your bore fest have garnered zero attention from anyone ought to serve as a clue.

Try harder. Earn a seat at my table and you may get your wish one day.
After observing how you do on this forum to avoid the answer you can't handle you insult and go off topic, or become a spelling grammar nazi.
However, in the bull ring you'll have pre set rules with judges to keep that from happening.

It's just the personal satifaction knowing that you're scared to debate me one on one. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

On the second Amendment I don't lose
The Criminal Justice system I don't lose
Constitutional Law I don't lose.
Firearms I don't lose.
Facts are a hard thing for you too accept, that must be why you call them bullshit.

Has anyone noticed how many of the crazies have had to admit that they're not Christians lately? I have. They're nothing more than angry, hateful, pitiable people. They're frauds, cherry-picking conservatism.

If I'm the dumb ass that you say I am you should have no problem debating me head too head?.

God Damn we have a mother fucking Spelling NAZI in our presence shall we bow in amazement at his self proclaimed wisdom?

:udaman:

No I have never made that claim.[/B]

God Damn we have a mother fucking Spelling NAZI in our presence shall we bow in amazement at his self proclaimed wisdom?

Oops, struck a nerve.

:laugh:

Oops, struck a nerve.

:laugh:

Just my way of saying I don't give a god damn.

You hear that Mac? Honey badger don't care!
Tic Toc

Chicken shit.

After observing how you do on this forum to avoid the answer you can't handle you insult and go off topic, or become a spelling grammar nazi.
However, in the bull ring you'll have pre set rules with judges to keep that from happening.

It's just the personal satifaction knowing that you're scared to debate me one on one. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

On the second Amendment I don't lose
The Criminal Justice system I don't lose
Constitutional Law I don't lose.
Firearms I don't lose.
Facts are a hard thing for you too accept, that must be why you call them bullshit.

Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) has reversed his stance on same-sex marriage two years after learning that his son is gay, several Ohio news outlets, including the Columbus Dispatch and the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reported Friday.

In an interview with Ohio reporters in his Senate office, Portman said that his son, Will, came out to the senator and his wife in February 2011.

"It allowed me to think of this issue from a new perspective, and that's of a Dad who loves his son a lot and wants him to have the same opportunities that his brother and sister would have -- to have a relationship like Jane and I have had for over 26 years," Portman said.

Portman said that his son, who is now a junior at Yale University, inspired him to reassess his position on same-sex unions. The senator also consulted clergy on the matter, as well as friends such as former Vice President Dick Cheney, whose daughter Mary is openly gay. According to Portman, Cheney told the senator to "follow [his] heart" on the matter.

"The overriding message of love and compassion that I take from the Bible, and certainly the Golden Rule, and the fact that I believe we are all created by our maker, that has all influenced me in terms of my change on this issue," Portman said.

It's a shame that it takes a conservative's child being gay to come to the realization that being gay is not some lewd choice made by an individual due to some sexual perversion.

Obama reversed his same-sex marriage stance to pull in his base. I think his reasons were a bit less ethical, however, because it is known that Obama always was for same-sex marriage. He just didn't want us to know this until after he had been in the White House long enough to make it more palatable to the public.

In all honesty if Obama said now that he was a racist, a Muslim, and bi-sexual the left would support him 100%.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back