RIP Paul Mooney

The comedy legend, probably most recently known for his work on the Chapelle show -- but was also the guy behind much of Richard Pryor's work as well as being one of the writers in Blazing Saddles and Sanford & Son; passed away at the age of 79 from a heart attack.....

That guy is a legend.

Cheppelle Show, Sanford & Son, AND Blazing Saddles.

That type of comedy, where we all can look at ourselves and each other and laugh together, does more to bring people of different backgrounds and races together than anything else. We need more like him.

As we reported ... Pryor's former security guard alleged that Mooney had had sex with Pryor Jr. when he was young, and that when Richard found out .... he wanted Paul dead.

Yup....comics ain't call him Miss Thang for nothing...

Richard was bisexual himself

Richard didn't know where he was half the time. He could be making love to a tree and not notice.

Blazing Saddles was a classic, Sanford and Son may have been the most politically incorrect show of all time. I believe the guy who played Reds son just passed away recently as well.

This was a time when people laughed at our differences but still came together as one knowing there were far worse situations and greater enemies in other nations. I was just a kid but the differences between then and now are palatable. Now, the enemies are within no question.

RIP.

Never afraid to take on any topic for a laugh. after 9/11 he joked about the media making everyone who died that day a saint. Paul said “Come on, you know some assholes died that day too.” Too soon? Never for Paul Mooney.

I was just posting a tribute thread when I found this.

He was an American legend and his voice will be sorely missed.

Rest in power Paul Mooney.

As we reported ... Pryor's former security guard alleged that Mooney had had sex with Pryor Jr. when he was young, and that when Richard found out .... he wanted Paul dead.

So it was an allegation, but why bring that up in his death? Why didn't you post any of the good the man has done and that wasn't allegedly.

Forum List

Back