RIP Leon Spinks Former Heavyweight Champion of the World who fought Ali dies at 67 after 5 year battle with cancer

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
EtlGNzVXUAg4QwZ

did he beat Ali? i don't even know!

I remember watching him in the '72 Olympics....I guess it was...long time ago.

I said then that this guy should fight Ali. That was an amazing Olympic team. Boxing was a classic sport. Now it's popularity has been shaken by corruption and poor talent. I used to love to watch a great match. In his day...Ali was credible.

Ali talked a lot of trash and was thrashed by Leon "The Split" Spinks. He was good in the Olympics and so was Cassius Clay.

Ali talked a lot of trash and was thrashed by Leon "The Split" Spinks. He was good in the Olympics and so was Cassius Clay.
I once was going to lunch celebrating a office mates birthday. There was Ali sitting with his wife eating lunch. I didn't want to bother him. This was in the 80' I think at the beginning of his Parkingson episode. A great memory.

I remember watching him in the '72 Olympics....I guess it was...long time ago.

I said then that this guy should fight Ali. That was an amazing Olympic team. Boxing was a classic sport. Now it's popularity has been shaken by corruption and poor talent. I used to love to watch a great match. In his day...Ali was credible.

Actually it was the 1976 Games in Montreal. He won his first medal at the 1974 World Championships.

I hate to hear of anyone dying of cancer. It's such an insidious bitch...

Ali could take a lickin' and still keep on tickin'. Joe and Frazier beat the shit out of Ali and made him an old man.

Yes he did. Ali was on the downslide but Spinks beat him fair and square, with just no quit toughness and focus. He earned that Heavy weight title. Sorry to hear he passed away.

That was a great fight, went to a split decision...

• Banned
Leon Spinks never lost a fight (except for the times he did!)

Ali could take a lickin' and still keep on tickin'. Joe and Frazier beat the shit out of Ali and made him an old man.
i think Ali beat the shit out of Frazier.....his head looked pretty bad after the thriller in manila....
Frazier could no longer see and his corner through in the towel I think it was the 14th round. It was a grueling fight.

To Mee ? Big George is the greatest. He says Ali.Ali said Smokin Joe. Joe saidz "I is". LOL Holmes says " Let get it on".
Iron mike says. " likk dat toad you pussy, denn we b giddn in the ring of realithtic shctitt"
Nobody much wanted to fuck with Mike.

George woulda whooped him.

To Mee ? Big George is the greatest. He says Ali.Ali said Smokin Joe. Joe saidz "I is". LOL Holmes says " Let get it on".
Iron mike says. " likk dat toad you pussy, denn we b giddn in the ring of realithtic shctitt"
Nobody much wanted to fuck with Mike.

George woulda whooped him.
Or he would bite their ear off....

I remember watching Leo Spinks box at the Olympic trials in 1976. How time flies. RIP, Leon Spinks.

On this Day 43 years ago, Leon Spinks did the improbable, defeating Muhammad Ali, and becoming the heavyweight champion of the world.

EuRrqF1XYAUjBBZ

EuRrx8YWgAIQvrN

EuRr7ZMXcAYoY0f

EuRsHIrXIAMyQr2

Forum List

Back