Right wingers eat their own : Chick-fil-a & also FOXNEWS goes WOKE

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
First it started with vegetarian offering and now a full on Diversity and Inclusion statement. The wokeness of CFA is not going unnoticed as thousands of right wing nuts vow never to eat at a place that is inclusive of all people.

Now we have FOX NEWS in on the action!

1685471282794-png.790185

Last edited:
Chick-fil-A just hired a VP diversity and inclusion. We must have none of this woke bullshit.
Let us cancel them like we canceled Bud light and Target.
#CancelCulture

The far right and the far left. Two sides of the same coin.

I think the best course of action is to stop listening and acquiescing to the nutters on both sides.

Last edited:
First it started with vegetarian offering and now a full on Diversity and Inclusion statement. The wokeness of CFA is not going unnoticed as thousands of right wing nuts vow never to eat at a place that is inclusive of all people.

They make a good chicken sandwich. I go there for the food, not caring about politics when my stomach growls and I want that taste.

Chick-fil-A just hired a VP diversity and inclusion. We must have none of this woke bullshit.
#CancelCulture

Are you working for Biff_Poindexter now? You're going to fool a lot of your fellow DemoKKKrats, but no conservatives.

LOL

#CancelCulture
Beware of what you wish.

Republican businesses can also be canceled for "perceived" wrong.

No business should be cancelled because of some political attacks, or because one side believes that a word "woke" goes against what they believe.

De Santis is attacking "woke" and Florida is losing miserably in businesses, employment and tourism.

Beware of what you wish.

That's not all.

But the MAGATS can look on the bright side.
By the end of June they'll be healthier that they've been in years.

FxS-VOnX0AAchCG.jpg

It’s more than odd or embarrassing that this is the case—it’s tragic. Ever since the rise of modernity in the form of the French Revolution, conservative thinkers of all stripes and across the globe argued fiercely for the diversity and variety of human life against the pulverizing flattening of modernity and of progressive thinking.

Edmund Burke famously railed against the French destruction of its local traditions and regional identities in favor of mathematical départements. British conservatives fought for local variety in their country in the nineteenth century against the utilitarians seeking to flatten everything based on mathematical formulas. America’s own conservative movement in the ‘50s arose against the crushing political conformity of that era. All throughout, conservatives everywhere celebrated or at least tolerated a degree of human variety as a bulwark against uniformity and as an expression of human wonder and growth.

One would think, then, that the now-dominant liberal idea of diversity, while not necessarily aligning with conservative views, would be a welcome sight and a matter of negotiation between the two sides rather than an all-out war.

We may not agree with the Millian approach arguing for constant disruptive social experiments or the Marxian obsession with power relations among groups one can see nowadays, but that is a matter of the practice and parameters, not the overall principle.

So why is this not the case? Why do conservatives not actively celebrate diversity and variety in a way that aligns with their own principles?

There is of course the sad and tragic reality that some on “our side” oppose diversity measures because they oppose diversity, period. This includes a belief that being “too open” to people around the world could result in America’s losing its identity and Republican unease at other kinds of diversity in American life. The questions of how many diversity opponents exist, and how influential are they, does not erase their reality and presence. Dealing with them is unpleasant, but necessary.

Another reason is the nostalgia throughout the United States for the same conformist and non-diverse era of the ‘50s, for various reasons (conservatives due to the relative social stability and prosperity, liberals due to the power of unions and other groups). Arguing in favor of diversity seems like an argument for chaos against the backdrop of a longing for a “simpler time,” even if many conservatives themselves found that time quite stifling.

Even if we set aside those issues, conservatives would see very little in common between their idea of diversity and variety and the liberal conception.

The conservative idea of diversity is not as easy to define as the liberal one; the latter is based on an easily applicable formula of groups broken down by race, gender, and class. The liberal approach is also often laser-focused on just a few issues concerning those groups—fairness, justice, equality, power relations.

Important as those issues are, they are not all that man is. And traditional conservatives are interested in variety not (only) as a means to correct previous injustices but because they see wisdom and value in the existence and interplay of different human groups from different times, places, and origins as such. Sometimes the differences can be understood and explained—such as differences in religion or language—and sometimes they are more instinctive, such as habits or superstitions.

(full article online)

Chic went to the dark side at least 5 years ago

Their business is booming but I dont eat there anymore

Beware of what you wish.

Republican businesses can also be canceled for "perceived" wrong.

No business should be cancelled because of some political attacks, or because one side believes that a word "woke" goes against what they believe.

De Santis is attacking "woke" and Florida is losing miserably in businesses, employment and tourism.

Beware of what you wish.
Huh?

Just a quick Google search demonstrates you're just flat wrong on Florida:

Florida tourism climbed during the first quarter of 2023

First-quarter tourism into Florida was up 6.7 percent from a year ago, with overseas visitors still under pre-COVID-19 figures, according to a release from the governor’s office Friday.

Florida’s tourism agency Visit Florida estimated a record 37.9 million travelers into the state during the first quarter of 2023, up from a prior single-quarter high of 35.528 million in the first three months of 2022.

Central Florida tourism is near pre-pandemic levels, but hospitality employment is down

ORLANDO, Fla. — Central Florida hotels are bracing for a busy year as businesses bounce back to near pre-pandemic levels.
However, they’re having trouble getting enough workers. The hospitality industry was hit hard when COVID-19 brought tourism to a halt, but is starting to bounce back after the pandemic.

Florida Department of Economic Opportunity

Florida's Unemployment Rate​

Florida's unemployment rate was 2.6% in April 2023.

Florida's Nonagricultural Employment​

Florida's nonagricultural employment (seasonally adjusted) was 9,704,700 jobs in April 2023.

Florida's Employment Gains and Losses​

Florida gained 363,400 jobs (3.9%) since April 2022.

They make a good chicken sandwich. I go there for the food, not caring about politics when my stomach growls and I want that taste.

Same, and their bosses Dan/Truett Cathy are pretty active in socially conservative causes that ordinarily would turn me off, but you don't see/experience that when you visit a Chick-fil-a. You experience good, friendly customer service and damn fine junk food. Their business is a good corporate citizen. Have no problems being a patron there from time to time. What someone does with their wealth...well, that's why I vote.

Chic went to the dark side at least 5 years ago

Their business is booming but I dont eat there anymore

About 10-15 years ago, when they decided to become a more active sponsor of the Southeastern Conference.

I'm all for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, but corporate America and their virtue signaling is getting out of control, they are not so much advertising their products anymore, they are advertising their commitment to diversity.

Yea, we get it. And no one really cares.

Forum List

Back