CDZ Riddle me this

the question is moot, the FBI already determined not all of the deleted emails were personal, I'm interested in whether anyone acquired 'work' related information

I don't believe he made that finding.

The GOP's opening over Hillary Clinton's email

That's correct, and logical. How the hell would Jim Comey definitively be able to say " the emails I haven't seen are definitely NOT all personal?"

But that doesn't change the gist of this thread. How can a suggestion to return emails that are ALL personal , be a suggestion of treason?

Huh? How is saying "...I hope you have the 30,000 e-mails..." Asking someone, ANYONE, to go and hack into anything to get them? He was merely saying, IF you already have them (by whatever means), make them public. I don't get your logic, maybe you can explain this for us all...
Asking someone to release information that has already been obtained is in no way asking that someone to commit an act to obtain them. It is asking them to release information they ALREADY have.

First, that's not what he said. He said "I hope you are able to find...". Quite a bit different than "I hope you have..."

Second, why is any American politician asking the fucking Russians for help in attacking any fellow American? I don't give a shit if they are L or R, D or R, any American who asks a hostile foreign power for help in taking down anyone inside our borders is acting against the best interests of our nation. Certainly not acting very Presidential.
First, that's not what he said. He said "I hope you are able to find...". Quite a bit different than "I hope you have..."

Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.
Oh, right, my apologies. Still, how does "I hope you find" equate to asking them to find? He was simply expressing a hope, not asking for action. A subtle, but important distinction.

Second, why is any American politician asking the fucking Russians for help in attacking any fellow American? I don't give a shit if they are L or R, D or R, any American who asks a hostile foreign power for help in taking down anyone inside our borders is acting against the best interests of our nation. Certainly not acting very Presidential.
I agree that it is not very presidential, however, I do not see how it is illegal, much less treasonous. Maybe you can cite the law(s) he violated....

Yep, completely un Presidential. I'm sick of his mouth and won't vote for him, but there was no crime here.

to be fair, I don't really think there was a crime in his statement either.

I'm more concerned about the fact that the only issue he fought in the GOP platform was one where he demanded that the GOP not say they support Ukraine against Russia. the man needs to turn over his tax returns because there's an awful lot of talk about how he's doing a lot of business with Russia.

these statements were simply despicable and indicate a loose screw somewhere.

the question is moot, the FBI already determined not all of the deleted emails were personal, I'm interested in whether anyone acquired 'work' related information

That's correct, and logical. How the hell would Jim Comey definitively be able to say " the emails I haven't seen are definitely NOT all personal?"

But that doesn't change the gist of this thread. How can a suggestion to return emails that are ALL personal , be a suggestion of treason?

I've never suggested her deleting personal emails was treasonous and it wouldn't make sense to me.

I also don't understand how so-called conservatives think she should have known that certain emails were going to be retroactively labeled classified. she's smart. she isn't prescient.

Huh? How is saying "...I hope you have the 30,000 e-mails..." Asking someone, ANYONE, to go and hack into anything to get them? He was merely saying, IF you already have them (by whatever means), make them public. I don't get your logic, maybe you can explain this for us all...
Asking someone to release information that has already been obtained is in no way asking that someone to commit an act to obtain them. It is asking them to release information they ALREADY have.

Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.
Oh, right, my apologies. Still, how does "I hope you find" equate to asking them to find? He was simply expressing a hope, not asking for action. A subtle, but important distinction.

I agree that it is not very presidential, however, I do not see how it is illegal, much less treasonous. Maybe you can cite the law(s) he violated....

Yep, completely un Presidential. I'm sick of his mouth and won't vote for him, but there was no crime here.

I'm more concerned about the fact that the only issue he fought in the GOP platform was one where he demanded that the GOP not say they support Ukraine against Russia. the man needs to turn over his tax returns because there's an awful lot of talk about how he's doing a lot of business with Russia.

I have said from the start that I will NOT vote for Hillary, but I wasn't sure about voting for Trump. IMO he doesn't have the self control I want in a President, so I'm not voting for him either. This last little guffaw was it for me.

But right is right and Trump is getting the raw end of the deal many times which makes his own gaffes look even worse than they naturally are.

I have said from the start that I will NOT vote for Hillary, but I wasn't sure about voting for Trump. IMO he doesn't have the self control I want in a President, so I'm not voting for him either. This last little guffaw was it for me.

But right is right and Trump is getting the raw end of the deal many times which makes his own gaffes look even worse than they naturally are.

listen, you're free to feel about that as you wish. but I'm pretty sure if Hillary didn't release her tax returns, there'd be a lot more noise than is being made about Donald.

I think the press has gone easy on him because they're afraid of losing access.

From your link: "FBI investigators found thousands of work-related emails that were not among the 30,000 Clinton turned over to the State Department, and many more might still be out in the ether. Comey said there is no evidence these emails were deleted in an attempt to conceal information."

From your link: "FBI investigators found thousands of work-related emails that were not among the 30,000 Clinton turned over to the State Department, and many more might still be out in the ether. Comey said there is no evidence these emails were deleted in an attempt to conceal information."

see bold

see bold

WHICH bold, and how does that override what I cut and pasted?

Wow, that statement doesn't really make much sense to me. Why would someone delete e-mails, knowing that there is (or will be) an investigation, if it was not to conceal something? Unless of course, the e-mails in question were deleted before the scandal broke. In which case one would have to find evidence of intent. Maybe that is what he is referencing....

He's ASKING the Russians to hack an American server. That's a cyber attack. That's treason.

I've never suggested her deleting personal emails was treasonous and it wouldn't make sense to me.

I also don't understand how so-called conservatives think she should have known that certain emails were going to be retroactively labeled classified. she's smart. she isn't prescient.

Jillian, when the they give you a security clearance they train you that the markings are not the be all end all, you are supposed to be able to determine on your own what material is vital to national security and treat it thusly.

Imagine this scenario. Imagine someone hands you a picture of the inside of a nuclear submarine, now imagine that picture is not marked classified in any way. Shouldn't you say "hey wait a minute, this is important classified material" and treat it appropriately, rather than just show all your friends?

I don't believe Hillary intentionally shared classified material. I believe those that ended up on her private email were purely accidental, but as a person entrusted with classified material, the law requires you to be extra careful with it. Hillary wasn't.

He's ASKING the Russians to hack an American server. That's a cyber attack. That's treason.

Gary, you are just not very smart.

The server is in and FBI evidence lock up completely disconnected from the internet. and more than likely dissasembled because the FBI forensic team would have had to have removed the hard drives in order to attempt to recover deleted material.

There is no longer a server to hack.

Wow, that statement doesn't really make much sense to me. Why would someone delete e-mails, knowing that there is (or will be) an investigation, if it was not to conceal something? Unless of course, the e-mails in question were deleted before the scandal broke. In which case one would have to find evidence of intent. Maybe that is what he is referencing....

Why would someone delete e-mails, knowing that there is (or will be) an investigation, if it was not to conceal something

She KNEW there was going to be an investigation?

Unless of course, the e-mails in question were deleted before the scandal broke. In which case one would have to find evidence of intent.

They obviously were deleted before the scandal.

Which would put her in an even bigger mess.

Why would someone delete e-mails, knowing that there is (or will be) an investigation, if it was not to conceal something

Unless of course, the e-mails in question were deleted before the scandal broke. In which case one would have to find evidence of intent.

OF COURSE they were deleted before the investigation, they were deleted when she left the job of Sec of State, because at that time she was required to turn over ALL work related emails, so that is when work related emails were turned over and private ones were deleted.

OF COURSE they were deleted before the investigation, they were deleted when she left the job of Sec of State, because at that time she was required to turn over ALL work related emails, so that is when work related emails were turned over and private ones were deleted.

Apparently, they found copies of work related emails on other servers that she had deleted.

They didn't just check her server in their investigation

Apparently, they found copies of work related emails on other servers that she had deleted.

Yes, but I'm saying there were undoubtedly emails sent to servers that the FBI had no access too.

agreed

but they found work related emails on other servers they did check.

From jills link: "FBI investigators found thousands of work-related emails that were not among the 30,000 Clinton turned over to the State Department, and many more might still be out in the ether."

agreed

but they found work related emails on other servers they did check.

From jills link: "FBI investigators found thousands of work-related emails that were not among the 30,000 Clinton turned over to the State Department, and many more might still be out in the ether."

But the fact remains the FBI did not and indeed COULD not comment about the contents of emails they haven't seen. It's arguing a minor point, agreed, but facts are important.

Forum List

Back