Rhodes of Rhodesia statue toppled

The Great Goose

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2015
Nocookies

Black students celebrated the fall of a statue of British colonialist Cecil Rhodes at the University of Cape Town on Thursday, as some white groups protested what they see as threats to their heritage.

Cheers went up as a crane removed the huge bronze statue from its plinth at South Africa’s oldest university after a month of student demonstrations against a perceived symbol of historical white oppression

Rhodesia was unihabited due to swamps and the stinging Tse tse fly. Rhodes drained the swamps and smoked out the flies. When the settlers came and built farms, africans travelled there for work and a better life.

so... yeah...

Nocookies

Black students celebrated the fall of a statue of British colonialist Cecil Rhodes at the University of Cape Town on Thursday, as some white groups protested what they see as threats to their heritage.

Cheers went up as a crane removed the huge bronze statue from its plinth at South Africa’s oldest university after a month of student demonstrations against a perceived symbol of historical white oppression

Rhodesia was unihabited due to swamps and the stinging Tse tse fly. Rhodes drained the swamps and smoked out the flies. When the settlers came and built farms, africans travelled there for work and a better life.

so... yeah...

I was in Zimbabwe last year, I went to Great Zimbabwe which proves it wasn't uninhabited before Rhodes turned up.

Great_Zimbabwe_Closeup.jpg

This was the capital of the region in the late Iron Age. In 1531 Vicente Pegado wrote about this place.

It is estimated that Shona speaking people have been there since the 9th century. Southern Africa saw the cradle of humanity, and then people left and then came back replacing the San people.

History, it does help to know it.

Nocookies

so... yeah...

I was in Zimbabwe last year, I went to Great Zimbabwe which proves it wasn't uninhabited before Rhodes turned up.

This was the capital of the region in the late Iron Age. In 1531 Vicente Pegado wrote about this place.

It is estimated that Shona speaking people have been there since the 9th century. Southern Africa saw the cradle of humanity, and then people left and then came back replacing the San people.

The iron age was a long time ago.

Nocookies

so... yeah...

Yes it was, well done. So if it were an uninhabited swap, you'd expect no one to be there in the iron age, or every age since.

Nocookies

so... yeah...

Yes it was, well done. So if it were an uninhabited swap, you'd expect no one to be there in the iron age, or every age since.
Most of it was unihabited. The ancestors of the modern Zimbabwe people didnt build that building.

Nocookies

so... yeah...

Most of it was unihabited. The ancestors of the modern Zimbabwe people didnt build that building.

I'm sorry, you said it was "uninhabited", this, as everyone knows, means it was not inhabited. You said it. Now you're backtracking.

You say "most of it was uninhabited", define most? Most of America was uninhabited until a short while ago and has one of the lowest population densities in the western world.

Like I said, you should learn your history before spouting nonsense.

Forum List

Back