Revolt of the masses: The left overplayed their hand

The National School Board Association requested help, so…it was requested. I don’t think it is political, what is political are a raft of poorly worded laws that make dangerous for teachers to teach anything about our country’s racial history or attacking people for mask mandates. It is crazy, this demonizing of teachers. There is a right way to vent frustrations but this isn’t it.

Some of the things happening…

The group’s letter documented more than 20 instances of threats, harassment, disruption, and acts of intimidation in California, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Ohio and other states. It cited the September arrest of an Illinois man for aggravated battery and disorderly conduct for allegedly striking a school official at a meeting. In Michigan, a meeting was disrupted when a man performed a Nazi salute to protest masking.

We are coming after you,” a letter mailed to an Ohio school board member said, according to the group. “You are forcing them to wear mask — for no reason in this world other than control. And for that you will pay dearly.” It called the member “a filthy traitor.”

School board members are largely unpaid volunteers, parents School board members are largely unpaid volunteers, parents and former educators who step forward to shape school policy, choose a superintendent and review the budget, but they have been frightened at how their jobs have suddenly become a culture war battleground. The climate has led a growing number to resign or decide against seeking reelection. former educators who step forward to shape school policy, choose a superintendent and review the budget, but they have been frightened at how their jobs have suddenly become a culture war battleground. The climate has led a growing number to resign or decide against seeking reelection.

On June 22, Scott Smith was arrested at a Loudoun County, Virginia, school board meeting, a meeting that was ultimately deemed an “unlawful assembly” after many attendees vocally opposed a policy on transgender students.

What people did not know is that weeks prior on May 28, Smith says, a boy allegedly wearing a skirt entered a girls’ bathroom at nearby Stone Bridge High School, where he sexually assaulted Smith’s ninth-grade daughter.

Juvenile records are sealed, but Smith’s attorney Elizabeth Lancaster told The Daily Wire that a boy was charged with two counts of forcible sodomy, one count of anal sodomy, and one count of forcible fellatio, related to an incident that day at that school.
As a result of the viral video showing his arrest, Smith became the poster child for what the National School Boards Association has since suggested could be a form of “domestic terrorism”: a white blue-collar male who showed up to harangue obscure public servants on his local school board.

A woman at the meeting told the father she did not believe his daughter—Believe all women with penises?—which inflamed the man. The Loudon County sheriff’s office explained to Fox News: “We can confirm a May 28, 2021 case that involved a thorough 2-month-long investigation that was conducted to determine the facts of the case prior to arrest. This case is still pending court proceedings. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is not able to provide any documents that pertain to a pending case.”

While the school board banned the father, they did not ban the student charged with the May sexual assault. They shifted him to another school. “A teenager from Ashburn has been charged with sexual battery and abduction of a fellow student at Broad Run High School,” the sheriff’s office publicized in a release about another case involving the same student earlier this month. “The investigation determined on the afternoon of October 6, the 15-year-old suspect forced the victim into an empty classroom where he held her against her will and inappropriately touched her.”

Gee, I wonder why parents are so incensed. I know, let's call the FBI and treat 'em like the domestic terrorists they are. Set fires and burn down public buildings, is fine, no domestic terrorism there, but raise hell at a school board meeting cannot be tolerated.

On June 22, Scott Smith was arrested at a Loudoun County, Virginia, school board meeting, a meeting that was ultimately deemed an “unlawful assembly” after many attendees vocally opposed a policy on transgender students.

What people did not know is that weeks prior on May 28, Smith says, a boy allegedly wearing a skirt entered a girls’ bathroom at nearby Stone Bridge High School, where he sexually assaulted Smith’s ninth-grade daughter.

Juvenile records are sealed, but Smith’s attorney Elizabeth Lancaster told The Daily Wire that a boy was charged with two counts of forcible sodomy, one count of anal sodomy, and one count of forcible fellatio, related to an incident that day at that school.
As a result of the viral video showing his arrest, Smith became the poster child for what the National School Boards Association has since suggested could be a form of “domestic terrorism”: a white blue-collar male who showed up to harangue obscure public servants on his local school board.

A woman at the meeting told the father she did not believe his daughter—Believe all women with penises?—which inflamed the man. The Loudon County sheriff’s office explained to Fox News: “We can confirm a May 28, 2021 case that involved a thorough 2-month-long investigation that was conducted to determine the facts of the case prior to arrest. This case is still pending court proceedings. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is not able to provide any documents that pertain to a pending case.”

While the school board banned the father, they did not ban the student charged with the May sexual assault. They shifted him to another school. “A teenager from Ashburn has been charged with sexual battery and abduction of a fellow student at Broad Run High School,” the sheriff’s office publicized in a release about another case involving the same student earlier this month. “The investigation determined on the afternoon of October 6, the 15-year-old suspect forced the victim into an empty classroom where he held her against her will and inappropriately touched her.”

Gee, I wonder why parents are so incensed. I know, let's call the FBI and treat 'em like the domestic terrorists they are. Set fires and burn down public buildings, is fine, no domestic terrorism there, but raise hell at a school board meeting cannot be tolerated.

Someone has their priorities messed up

so death threats and physical assaults are OK because of a mask policy?

so death threats and physical assaults are OK because of a mask policy?

No, that is never okay, and it ain't only about the mask policy either. However, I do not believe the incidents in question amount to domestic violence, people get threatened or assaulted every day, everywhere which doesn't warrant the DV designation. I recall antifa people threatening people at Trump rallies in the past, why doesn't that amount to DV? It looks to me like the DOJ/FBI is being very selective in who they target.

Your violent instincts are on full display. I wish the rest of your cadre would recognize it.
:dunno:

Don't start nothin'
Won't be nothin'

I am going nowhere to start shit but if it comes here, I will finish it. Many like me are nearby. Something tells me that the agitators know this and avoid my area like the fucking plague.

:dunno:

Don't start nothin'
Won't be nothin'

I am going nowhere to start shit but if it comes here, I will finish it. Many like me are nearby. Something tells me that the agitators know this and avoid my area like the fucking plague.
The problem is your fake victimhood is going to lead you to violence when you’ve not been wronged.

How so?

I am not going to start anything, but I will finish it and play for keeps.

So, when will I be in the wrong if I am not starting it?
Because you are confused as to who is “starting” things.

Ever know a guy who you’d take to a bar and just thought everyone was trying to start a fight with him? Like someone would just look at him and he’d see it as an offense?

The National School Board Association requested help, so…it was requested. I don’t think it is political

I kinda think maybe it is....

The National School Boards Association, which urged the Biden administration to use federal law enforcement to investigate parents who speak out on local education matters as potential domestic terrorists, has political ties to the Democratic Party and labor unions.

The national association represents members of locally elected school boards, which usually are officially nonpartisan, and is a federation of state school board associations.

Although most funding for the National School Boards Association comes from state school boards, the National Education Association—the nation’s largest teachers union and a major donor to Democrat candidates—contributed in the past two years.

Hell, damn near everything is political these days. More than it should be IMHO.

I kinda think maybe it is....

The National School Boards Association, which urged the Biden administration to use federal law enforcement to investigate parents who speak out on local education matters as potential domestic terrorists, has political ties to the Democratic Party and labor unions.

The national association represents members of locally elected school boards, which usually are officially nonpartisan, and is a federation of state school board associations.

Although most funding for the National School Boards Association comes from state school boards, the National Education Association—the nation’s largest teachers union and a major donor to Democrat candidates—contributed in the past two years.

Hell, damn near everything is political these days. More than it should be IMHO.
OK point taken...but those parents who assault teachers, tear masks off others and make threats against st them and their families. Is that now ok?

OK point taken...but those parents who assault teachers, tear masks off others and make threats against st them and their families. Is that now ok?

NO, that is not ok. Assaults and tearing masks off is not ok, that's what we have local police for. We don't need the FBI for that, although if the Left has their way and defunds or abolishes the police depts, maybe that'll change. I understand that a parent can get upset, especially if they believe their child has been sexually assaulted. That'll get anybody's blood boiling and some people will get violent, but you just can't physically go after somebody. And if you do, well again that's what the cops are for.

It's not enough of a revolt.

A few groups here and there, some people here and there isn't enough. So far it can be easily dissmed, blown off or ignored by most.

It's not enough of a revolt.

A few groups here and there, some people here and there isn't enough. So far it can be easily dissmed, blown off or ignored by most.

Not sure if this is a response to my post #156, but I'll answer anyway. When it comes to school boards, there's a right way and probably more than one wrong way. The right way is that parents get involved and stay involved with who gets elected on those boards and what they're doing. Too often that isn't happening, and we wind up with most of the crap that's been going on in our schools and HAS gone on for quite some time now. You don't go out and shoot somebody or beat the crap out of them, although I understand the urge. What you gotta do is learn who stands for what every time there is a school board election and vote. You gotta organize to get who you think is the right people elected, cuz you can bet the other side is doing just that. We're talkin about our kids here, what's more important than that?

Forum List

Back