Revenge of the republicans.

gabbyguy

Dec 13, 2020
From what I have been hearing, Nancy Pelosi held up previous stimulus package deals. She wanted to wait for one until after the election. Which from what I heard, Trump wanted to wait until after the election too. But it would seem that as revenge against Pelosi and other democrats, now the republicans are holding up a stimulus package bill. What a bunch of jerks. In holding up stimulus package talks until after the election, both sides got what they wanted. And for republicans, it was obviously ok to send out $1200 dollar stimulus checks. But now its apparently a struggle for the democrats to get even $600 dollar stimulus checks sent out. I wish they would get things settled and get them sent out soon. Because with the way things are going with the coronavirus, if they don't get them sent out soon, there are going to be many people who won't be alive to spend them.

From what I have been hearing, Nancy Pelosi held up previous stimulus package deals. She wanted to wait for one until after the election. Which from what I heard, Trump wanted to wait until after the election too. But it would seem that as revenge against Pelosi and other democrats, now the republicans are holding up a stimulus package bill. What a bunch of jerks. In holding up stimulus package talks until after the election, both sides got what they wanted. And for republicans, it was obviously ok to send out $1200 dollar stimulus checks. But now its apparently a struggle for the democrats to get even $600 dollar stimulus checks sent out. I wish they would get things settled and get them sent out soon. Because with the way things are going with the coronavirus, if they don't get them sent out soon, there are going to be many people who won't be alive to spend them.

Tough shit. We're not made of money.

If that bothers you I suspect your you're not going to like the next few years much. I hope EVERY Democrat initiative is hopelessly deadlocked for the foreseeable future.

The hold-up is simple to understand. The Republicans attempted to slide in a provision that eliminated the borrowing authority of the Federal Reserve. See, when Trump was president is was perfectly fine for the Federal Reserve to swoop in and buy junk bonds from companies that would otherwise go belly up. Yep, let your grandkids loan them the money to pull themselves out of the hole, or not. But who cares, it props up the almighty stock market. But no way Biden gets that same privilege. Republicans are playing the same old game. They don't give two shits about this country or it's citizens. The only thing, and the absolute only thing, they care about is power. And those that support them are little more than useful idiots.

So what? What's another fucking Trillion dollars.

Hey IDIOT, Pelosi passed a stimulus bill in MARCH, the RepubliSCUM have held it up!

Who do you hear from? Post the source, otherwise your comment lacks substance and thus credibility.

Put in perspective, another trillion dollars or so will prevent another Great Recession or worse. Thus far McConnell and that idiot Senator Johnson (R-WI) have played politics with the lives of the recently unemployed and the families who are for the first time driving through fool lines and incapable of making their rent or paying there mortgage.

It doesn't take a genius to comprehend what we are facing.

Yes you are. Made of money that is. Our fiat currency is buoyed on wishful thinking and fairy dust. It is absolutely worthless in any other terms. Yet in the form that it does exist in, the top 1% owns about 95% of the wealth. Also, before the coronavirus hit, the national debt was around 19 trillion dollars. On top of that, we had around 61 trillion in unfunded obligations. And I wouldn't care to try and split the hair between a debt and an obligation. That means that every man, woman, child and fetus in the U.S. is in the hole for about $250,000 dollars.

What does that mean? That as a country we will never ever be able to get out of debt. It doesn't make a damn bit of difference if our national debt is 22 trillion or 92 trillion. At this point, they are just meaningless numbers. But despite such debt, our country somehow still manages to function. Doesn't it. Also, even if the coronavirus hadn't hit, we would still be going deeper into debt. And you think that people should continue to face financial hardship? I bet that you aren't even bothered that over 300,000 have died from the coronavirus so far. With worse yet to come. Because though ICU beds may fill up and cause basically field hospitals to be filled, there is a limited number of people who can treat such patients.

If that bothers you I suspect your you're not going to like the next few years much. I hope EVERY Democrat initiative is hopelessly deadlocked for the foreseeable future.

Having all the democrats and republicans dead would solve the problem.

The hold-up is simple to understand. The Republicans attempted to slide in a provision that eliminated the borrowing authority of the Federal Reserve. See, when Trump was president is was perfectly fine for the Federal Reserve to swoop in and buy junk bonds from companies that would otherwise go belly up. Yep, let your grandkids loan them the money to pull themselves out of the hole, or not. But who cares, it props up the almighty stock market. But no way Biden gets that same privilege. Republicans are playing the same old game. They don't give two shits about this country or it's citizens. The only thing, and the absolute only thing, they care about is power. And those that support them are little more than useful idiots.

If what you say is true and companies do go belly up, it doesn't seem to me to be helpful to the stock market. Also, without money, there is no power.

There shouldn’t have been any stimulus checks the first time and there shouldn’t be now either.

If people want the economy to rebound they can start dragging their Governors out of their offices and executing them for their stupidity over the last nine months.

Hey IDIOT, Pelosi passed a stimulus bill in MARCH, the RepubliSCUM have held it up!

Hey, idiot. If the republicans held it up, they didn't do so for very long. The thing is that the republicans are now holding up another stimulus package.

Who do you hear from? Post the source, otherwise your comment lacks substance and thus credibility.

Well maybe what I heard was wrong. I did some checking around the internet and found that Trump was willing to do a 1.8 trillion dollar deal. But other republicans weren't on board with that idea. And the democrats wanted more than 1.8 trillion. As for the current 900 billion stimulus package deal, it got snagged up because republicans wanted to slip in a provision that would limit the power of the federal reserve to borrow. So when it actually comes to who wins the sucking contest, the republicans win hands down.

Put in perspective, another trillion dollars or so will prevent another Great Recession or worse. Thus far McConnell and that idiot Senator Johnson (R-WI) have played politics with the lives of the recently unemployed and the families who are for the first time driving through fool lines and incapable of making their rent or paying there mortgage.

It doesn't take a genius to comprehend what we are facing.

I assume you meant food lines and not fool lines.

From what I have been hearing, Nancy Pelosi held up previous stimulus package deals
Whoever told you that is lying. The house or representatives, where Nancy Pelosi holds sway, has passed several stimulus bills that Moscow Mitch has not even brought out for debate. The self-proclaimed "grim reaper of legislation" has killed them and many others.

This lies squarely on the republicans.

Bullshit.

No stimulus has ever fixed anything

The vast majority of people don't want anything fixed to begin with. Though fixing things isn't the issue anyway. Helping those in need is the issue. For me, a $600 dollar stimulus check would help. A $1200 dollar stimulus check would help even more. A $6500 dollar check would really hit the spot. ($8000 would be even better) If you think that's a lot, the average that the U.S. spends to keep a criminal in prison for a year is around $31,000 dollars. In some states it is over $60,000 a year. Not that it would happen, but if the government did ever send out such large stimulus checks, they should put a price freeze on products to help prevent gouging.

Forum List

Back