Return to the normal form of thinking

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
The Right paid a lot of attention to IQ. The IQ test is a test of inductive and generalizing abilities. A person with a good IQ draws conclusions not from "bookish" knowledge, but on the basis of his own observations. This makes left manipulation difficult. A person with a low IQ is not capable of this and he is forced to take ready-made symbolic linguistic information. Therefore, it is the mainstay of the left-wing swindlers.

The Right paid a lot of attention to IQ. The IQ test is a test of inductive and generalizing abilities. A person with a good IQ draws conclusions not from "bookish" knowledge, but on the basis of his own observations. This makes left manipulation difficult. A person with a low IQ is not capable of this and he is forced to take ready-made symbolic linguistic information. Therefore, it is the mainstay of the left-wing swindlers.
Critical thinking is frowned upon by the Trump side. They have alternate facts.

:link: or is this a hypothesis of yer own demise?

• Banned
I see, so being smart is now derogatory, usual spin of the ignorant.
In terms of book knowledge, literacy, this is not very good in the context of our question. Such a person is easily zombified.

IQ is really only a measurement of how well the subject does on IQ tests. I've taken a bunch of them and did extraordinarily well. So what? A high IQ score is not indicative of a person's ability to be successful or happy. My scores indicate that I should have been a life-long academic working to advance science. Problem is I hated school and teachers and tests and would have been miserable. Turns out I love building fancy houses and fine furniture. Nothing in those tests pointed me in that direction.

Turns out I love building fancy houses and fine furniture. Nothing in those tests pointed me in that direction.
In general, for creative and design activities, this is a plus in any case. This greatly affects the acquisition of skills. But that's not the topic here.

In general, for creative and design activities, this is a plus in any case. This greatly affects the acquisition of skills. But that's not the topic here.
The topic is IQ tests. I've had a bunch of them. I was examined like some sort of rare specimen by a number of psychologists looking to write a paper on some aspect of the phenomena of "gifted" children. It was really quite tiresome. I've always wondered what their conclusions were.

The topic is IQ tests. I've had a bunch of them. I was examined like some sort of rare specimen by a number of psychologists looking to write a paper on some aspect of the phenomena of "gifted" children. It was really quite tiresome. I've always wondered what their conclusions were.
The conclusions are simple: you are good at identifying patterns and generalizing.

IQ is really only a measurement of how well the subject does on IQ tests. I've taken a bunch of them and did extraordinarily well. So what? A high IQ score is not indicative of a person's ability to be successful or happy. My scores indicate that I should have been a life-long academic working to advance science. Problem is I hated school and teachers and tests and would have been miserable. Turns out I love building fancy houses and fine furniture. Nothing in those tests pointed me in that direction.
Well that is silly.
IQ is basically the measure of ease and accuracy a person can go from point A to point D without the benefit of knowledge of B and C.
Obviously that increases a persons chances and abilities to be successful. In whatever they chose to do. Because doing it, will be easier for them than most people.

Well that is silly.
IQ is basically the measure of ease and accuracy a person can go from point A to point D without the benefit of knowledge of B and C.
Obviously that increases a persons chances and abilities to be successful. In whatever they chose to do. Because doing it, will be easier for them than most people.
Success in this world is facilitated more by your ability to capitalize on your social skills than your skill at tasks. How many brilliant people are working for idiot bosses?

Forum List

Back