Return to the normal form of thinking

That might make school more interesting.
That was the intent but there was no structure to the supposedly advanced learning techniques and it only served to socially isolate me from others. The bullying was off the charts. After about a month I'd had enough and went back to regular classes but the damage was done. I never worked any harder than it took to make a C and participated very little for the rest of my time in school.

Say something interesting or go away
The Irony!

It seems you have nothing to probe to anyone.
Plenty of threads around where coming in and taking a dump on the discussion does not seem such a dick move. Go find one.

They stuck me in a gifted program. Turned out to be cruelest thing any educator ever did to me. That includes the bitch that choked me and threw me down the stairs but that's a different story.
To a degree same here.
We moved to a larger city when I entered the 4th grade. They gave me some tests to see where I was at, as they had different classes depending on how advanced a student was. The principle sat with my parents and told them I could skip grade 4.
Don't clearly understand why, but my parents refused. So my 4th grade teacher basically sneaked me into 5th grade math and english. But my 5th grade teacher wouldn't. So I had to take 5th grade math and english twice.
And that was the beginning of my school issues. By the time I got into High School, my vocabulary was larger than the teachers. The math classes were, to me, so insanely slow and repetitive I began to act out, out of shear boredom. I thought I knew more than the teachers. Which I did, but not in the game of life.

To a degree same here.
We moved to a larger city when I entered the 4th grade. They gave me some tests to see where I was at, as they had different classes depending on how advanced a student was. The principle sat with my parents and told them I could skip grade 4.
Don't clearly understand why, but my parents refused. So my 4th grade teacher basically sneaked me into 5th grade math and english. But my 5th grade teacher wouldn't. So I had to take 5th grade math and english twice.
And that was the beginning of my school issues. By the time I got into High School, my vocabulary was larger than the teachers. The math classes were, to me, so insanely slow and repetitive I began to act out, out of shear boredom. I thought I knew more than the teachers. Which I did, but not in the game of life.
I started school in1969. They didn't know shit about ADHD, dyslexia, autism spectrum, etc. I had a serious alphabet soup of learning difficulties going on. This led to some very bad educational choices being set before my parents to deal with this unruly child who refused to do classwork. Mostly they used corporal punishment. I only perked up in the library where I read at an astounding rate. I educated myself despite their rote learning bullshit.

I started school in1969. They didn't know shit about ADHD, dyslexia, autism spectrum, etc. I had a serious alphabet soup of learning difficulties going on. This led to some very bad educational choices being set before my parents to deal with this unruly child who refused to do classwork. Mostly they used corporal punishment. I only perked up in the library where I read at an astounding rate. I educated myself despite their rote learning bullshit.
We're pretty simpatico. Same with me. I super excelled in subjects I liked or took interest in, and suffered in any class I saw as unnecessary. I read voraciously, on numerous subjects. Sciences, psychology and philosophy etc.
I have ADHD pretty severe, they didn't know what that even was back then. Which honestly, I am glad of really. I would not have wanted then to throw pills at me so I would become a zombie. I refuse to take medication for it even today. I have learned how to cope and deal with it, and even use it to my advantage. Nothing like an ADD person with a high IQ to solve a problem. I have to admit, my ego enjoys solving a problem at my work and people just stare at me dumbfounded how did I figure that out.
Anyway... unfortunately the corrupt, inept American education system STILL doesn't deal with our kind right. Their solution is to pump the kids with pills in an attempt to conform to social norms.

We're pretty simpatico. Same with me. I super excelled in subjects I liked or took interest in, and suffered in any class I saw as unnecessary. I read voraciously, on numerous subjects. Sciences, psychology and philosophy etc.
I have ADHD pretty severe, they didn't know what that even was back then. Which honestly, I am glad of really. I would not have wanted then to throw pills at me so I would become a zombie. I refuse to take medication for it even today. I have learned how to cope and deal with it, and even use it to my advantage. Nothing like an ADD person with a high IQ to solve a problem. I have to admit, my ego enjoys solving a problem at my work and people just stare at me dumbfounded how did I figure that out.
Anyway... unfortunately the corrupt, inept American education system STILL doesn't deal with our kind right. Their solution is to pump the kids with pills in an attempt to conform to social norms.
I self-medicate. The day I found pot over forty years ago was one of the greatest days of my life. Slows my head down to a manageable level.

I self-medicate. The day I found pot over forty years ago was one of the greatest days of my life. Slows my head down to a manageable level.
Does it help you sleep?
I am going to guess you have the same issue as me... if I wake up I am doomed. It can take me anywhere from an hour to 3 hours to fall back asleep. My mind will just whirr along inventing problems that don't exist, still trying to solve an issue I was dreaming about.
2 to 3 times a week I take ZZquil as late as I can, it helps. I will usually sleep 4 to 5 hours straight with those.
I use to take Xanax before bed. Works great, but doctors are so reluctant to prescribe them I don't get them often.

Does it help you sleep?
I am going to guess you have the same issue as me... if I wake up I am doomed. It can take me anywhere from an hour to 3 hours to fall back asleep. My mind will just whirr along inventing problems that don't exist, still trying to solve an issue I was dreaming about.
2 to 3 times a week I take ZZquil as late as I can, it helps. I will usually sleep 4 to 5 hours straight with those.
I use to take Xanax before bed. Works great, but doctors are so reluctant to prescribe them I don't get them often.
Never had a problem with insomnia. I can be sound asleep in ten minutes if that's what I want. I wish it was something I could sell. That being said I don't really use pot near bedtime. Seems like a waste. It's more an after work thing or a social lubricant.

Never had a problem with insomnia. I can be sound asleep in ten minutes if that's what I want. I wish it was something I could sell. That being said I don't really use pot near bedtime. Seems like a waste. It's more an after work thing or a social lubricant.
I can fall asleep quickly. It's just that if I wake up in the middle of the night, not always, but all too often, I am doomed.

I can fall asleep quickly. It's just that if I wake up in the middle of the night, not always, but all too often, I am doomed.
I hear you. I occasionally wake up way early but it does not seem to affect me much. I get up at 5AM anyway. World-class morning person, hard to make it past 10:00 PM. Building houses when you are nearly 60 has a way of putting an old man to sleep.

The education system is designed specifically for autistic people. Memorization is convenient for them, they have a good memory. In fact, this is the main support of the left.

Critical thinking is frowned upon by the Trump side. They have alternate facts.
Democrats voted for Biden, no critical thinking there.
Republicans voted for Trump, no critical thinking there.

You would think voters would learn, but I guess not.

Democrats voted for Biden, no critical thinking there.
Republicans voted for Trump, no critical thinking there.
Those who voted for Reagan had critical thinking. Critical thinking predisposes to individual responsibility

The education system is designed specifically for autistic people. Memorization is convenient for them, they have a good memory. In fact, this is the main support of the left.
The education system is not one thing. It's patchwork of thousands of school districts who pretty much do what they want. The difference in quality from school to school is embarrassing. Overall the goal is produce ordinary citizens who will be happy with ordinary lives.

The education system is not one thing. It's patchwork of thousands of school districts who pretty much do what they want. The difference in quality from school to school is embarrassing. Overall the goal is produce ordinary citizens who will be happy with ordinary lives.
Perhaps there is a general trend.
In general, it's not bad when each district has its own system. This, in theory, should prevent the zombification from the feds. If they really don't subordinate to a federal department, that's fine. I didn't know there is such a system in the USA. Although I knew that this is how the police work in the USA.

occupied
Although the Department of Education in the United States exists. It is not known how much it defines teaching methods.

Forum List

Back