Rethinking Monogamy Today- Why Not Be More Open?

Having grown weary of the plethora of Trump, bathroom bills and immigration related threads, I thought that I would try something entirely new. The topic is consensual non monogamy. My wife and I were, for many years "into it" Now, for various reasons we are "retired" from the lifestyle, but open to possibilities if the right opportunity presented itself. In recent years it has not. It did work for us, for the most part, and notwithstanding a few "rocky episodes" we mostly have fond memories of our exploits. Sometimes we just look at each other and laugh about "the shit we did "
Anyway, I'm interested in seeing what kind of interest and reaction I get to this topic. Please read the whole article and comment thoughtfully and honestly. Feel free to share your experiences, if any, with any form of non monogamy while in a committed relationship.

Rethinking monogamy today - CNN.com

Selected excerpts

I am in a poly relationship. I love my girl very much, but that does not mean I cannot, or do not, love others as well. What we do is not swinging. It is not all about sex. It is about dating and relationships. It is also about complete honesty.

Aside from the obvious benefits of having dates and (often) more sex, poly eliminates the crazy jealousy that can sour or ruin a relationship. I have been accused of cheating numerous times. I never cheated on anyone, but the accusations were toxic. This is completely eliminated in polyamory. I am allowed to date and have sex with other women, so cheating doesn't exist (except for the possibility of breaking any ground rules we set).

It is not for everyone. But I am happier now than I have been in decades. For us it works great.
Finally someone who contributes something meaningful to the topic. Thank you for sharing. But watch out, Blaylock is gonna get you!

What the hell did you expect, you got what you wanted, attention.

Now you can get all offended when someone with a different view than yours, classic victim BS!

You don't want dialogue, you want agreement.
I'm offended? Really? I didn't know that. You have a bad habit of deciding what I'm thinking and feeling and claiming that you actually know. Telling Blaylock that I think he's an idiot doesn't mean that I'm offended. I reserve the right to respond to anyone who will judge me, or ridicule me, and I do it very calmly and objectively.

I don't care about Blaylock, not sure why you keep bringing him up. I don't follow Blaylock, I was responding after Winterborn's comments not Blaylock's. You think it is a bad habit? Who are you to judge? If ignorance is bliss, you are one happy moron.
Then your post makes even less sense than I thought. I have not problem with Winterborn

I am in a poly relationship. I love my girl very much, but that does not mean I cannot, or do not, love others as well. What we do is not swinging. It is not all about sex. It is about dating and relationships. It is also about complete honesty.

Aside from the obvious benefits of having dates and (often) more sex, poly eliminates the crazy jealousy that can sour or ruin a relationship. I have been accused of cheating numerous times. I never cheated on anyone, but the accusations were toxic. This is completely eliminated in polyamory. I am allowed to date and have sex with other women, so cheating doesn't exist (except for the possibility of breaking any ground rules we set).

It is not for everyone. But I am happier now than I have been in decades. For us it works great.
Finally someone who contributes something meaningful to the topic. Thank you for sharing. But watch out, Blaylock is gonna get you!

What the hell did you expect, you got what you wanted, attention.

Now you can get all offended when someone with a different view than yours, classic victim BS!

You don't want dialogue, you want agreement.
I'm offended? Really? I didn't know that. You have a bad habit of deciding what I'm thinking and feeling and claiming that you actually know. Telling Blaylock that I think he's an idiot doesn't mean that I'm offended. I reserve the right to respond to anyone who will judge me, or ridicule me, and I do it very calmly and objectively.

I don't care about Blaylock, not sure why you keep bringing him up. I don't follow Blaylock, I was responding after Winterborn's comments not Blaylock's. You think it is a bad habit? Who are you to judge? If ignorance is bliss, you are one happy moron.
Then your post makes even less sense than I thought. I have not problem with Winterborn

Coming from you, that makes a lot of sense. I have no issue with Winterborn, never said I did. I have no issue with you other than your constant crying that people don't see the world through your myopic view.

Oh really? I didn't know Mormons practiced polygamy.... :eek:
After reading your post OldLady I've found out something about polygamy and Mormons on the web :)

We don't. We did early in our history, but ended the practice more than a century ago. Those who do so now are not Mormons, but other sects fhat broke off from us a long time ago.
Oh ok! Sorry I didn't know :)
On the web they say those who practice polygamy are Mormons that's why I did a mistake :)

I guess it shoulder no surprise, that TheRegressivePervert, who defends all other manners of insane and perverse sexual immorality and madness, openly and shamelessly admits to having committed adultery many times.

But then, it is no secret that it is the goal of immoral filth such as him to attack and undermine marriage and family.

says the guy who likes to post erotic pics of his wife.

Forum List

Back