Residents fleeing filthy, dangerous Portland, OR

I read in the Journal that one reason is that their wives -- the wives of the Silicon Valley tech guys -- have been bitterly complaining about being chased, running, down the streets of San Francisco by violent homeless men. So the whole companies these men own end up leaving San Fran.

Don't know how true that is; I know I've seen photos of all the homeless tent cities on the sidewalks and the naked parades by the homosexuals --- *I* sure wouldn't live there!

It's mostly due to taxes.

Jantsen Beach used to be the pristine waterfront retail shopping/dining area of north Portland. The expo center is out there as well as the race track. Now the whole damn area is a Dem run shithole with homeless camps and garbage as far as the eye can see, it's wrecked.

This year businesses are closing left and right due to crime and theft which are out of control, and out of fear for the safety of their employees.

The Dem flesh eating bacteria claimed another victim.

I read in the Journal that one reason is that their wives -- the wives of the Silicon Valley tech guys -- have been bitterly complaining about being chased, running, down the streets of San Francisco by violent homeless men. So the whole companies these men own end up leaving San Fran.

Don't know how true that is; I know I've seen photos of all the homeless tent cities on the sidewalks and the naked parades by the homosexuals --- *I* sure wouldn't live there!
SF has always been eclectic and eccentric by anyone's standards, but that always added to the charm of the city by the bay. However, in the past several years, it has become a literal shithole. Many of the restaurants and local manufacturing that shaped the city have been handed off to the younger generations and they have embraced the millennial woke culture that tolerates anything. I am waiting for them to discover the error of their ways but not holding my breath.

Well Redding & East Bay types have not swarmedup to Portlandia , so who the fuck are all these troublemakers that hit the streets in last few years ?
Redding expats would be a welcome addition to the current Portland or Seattle. Bay area not so much. The leftist LGBTQ whack jobs have been occupying OR and WA west of the Cascades for forty years. During the 70s, conservatives kept Portland somewhat under control. During the 80s, all of the degenerates from CA decided they needed to spread their filth north and now we have the current day Seattle and Portland. They have fallen victim to these commie bastards the same as SF, LA and San Diego have.

Well Redding & East Bay types have not swarmedup to Portlandia , so who the fuck are all these troublemakers that hit the streets in last few years ?
I read that the west and northwest have acquired some 75% of the whole nation's homeless ---- because these cities are permissive and allow tent cities on the sidewalks and open defecation and so on. Boy, that sure happened fast, didn't it? Total ruin of large cities, so quickly. The homeless like to live like that; so they go there. It's like the blacks in cities LIKE killing each other and living by stealing: that's the thing we never quite get. They LIKE to live this way and they hate it when we interfere and insist on our rules, no stealing and no killing. That doesn't work for these people. I think we have to face that we have diversity here: some people have very, very different values.

I read that the west and northwest have acquired some 75% of the whole nation's homeless ---- because these cities are permissive and allow tent cities on the sidewalks and open defecation and so on. Boy, that sure happened fast, didn't it? Total ruin of large cities, so quickly. The homeless like to live like that; so they go there. It's like the blacks in cities LIKE killing each other and living by stealing: that's the thing we never quite get. They LIKE to live this way and they hate it when we interfere and insist on our rules, no stealing and no killing. That doesn't work for these people. I think we have to face that we have diversity here: some people have very, very different values.
New York City and other places ( Dem controlled Cities ) have their share of homeless ( it’s not a western United States affair )

Shitholes like Portland, Seattle, Minneapolis, Detroit, Baltimore, etc, have the citizens so dependent and brainwashed that there is no incentive to actually do anything about crime. They know they're gonna vote Democrat even if they're afraid to walk down the street.

New York City and other places ( Dem controlled Cities ) have their share of homeless ( it’s not a western United States affair )
Very likely, and certainly Baltimore has some, or did have when they used to try to shout at and terrorize me, but I did read in a reputable article about it, probably in the Journal but I can't remember, that the California cities quite simply have attracted the great majority of the nations insane homeless to live in their tent cities there, because these cities tolerate it, and it's warmer than some places. They travel there to live this way because they LIKE to live homeless in little tent cities, on the street. It's a mistake to think they don't like it: they do, that's why they do it.

I was just reading a novel, a police procedural, that made that point: whenever this town's homeless were housed by the social welfare people, they hated it: they would escape and find hiding places in drains and under bridges to live in. I know a man whose brother was schizophrenic and was housed in one of those group houses they have, but he didn't like it and kept escaping. He'd beg money for cigarettes (which of course they don't allow; a lot of the problem is the rules in the group home scenario, they don't like them) and he'd go on I-95 and eventually the police would find him under a bridge. The authorities knew about him and so they'd call this man I know and he'd go get him --- several times a year.

He finally escaped during a cold spell and froze to death behind some garbage cans, that's how that story ended.

And the fuckers who flee these cities after the wrath of the destruction of Democrats,
wiil vote the same type of stupid bastards in the next state they go to.

Yea...no.
SF has 0% unemployment. Rent in the Bay Area is so terrible because so many people want to work there.
The current unemployment rate in SF is 2.20% within the last two years it has been as high as 13.8%. The unemployment rate only counts people ACTIVELY looking for a job. All th9oise people living and crapping on the streets are unemployed, but don't show up in the numbers. Most of the people who work in SF don't live there, they commute in over the Golden Gate Bridge, the San Rafael Bridge, the Bay Bridge or BART. SF was unaffordable when I was stationed there in 1971.

Yes Trump gifted the nation with massive unemployment. That's then. This is now.

Portland may be different. I don't know. I don't understand how the state of Oregon could let it get like that. But Portland isn't the Bay Area or the LA Basin.

Having said that, I do see how Texas has let the homeless problem get like it is.

Forum List

Back