Republicans...Why all the anger?

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
As a swing voter, I've voted for both Republicans and Democrats over the last 40+ years. There is one theme I just don't get about Republican voters: Anger, and lot's of it! When I started in the job market way back in the early 70's unemployment was over 7%, lines at gas stations were long, mortgage interest rates were over 13%, and America was just winding down the long horror show that was the Viet Nam war. In listening to Donald Trump at the Republican Convention, one would have thought we were living in the depths of hell. Reality Check Republicans: It's not all that bad! so please tone down the anger. President Obama and Hillary Clinton have their flaws just like anyone else, but they are not the monsters you take them for. I think Donald Trump would be a decent President, but he's probably not going to win, so calm down and realize there will always be another election. Republicans: If it makes you feel better, just remember it was only a few years ago during Hillary's term as a NY Senator that Donald Trump was singing her praises, and telling everyone she would make a fine President. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are not as different as you pretend folks, so calm down and try to vote based on your judgement, not on your emotions.

We are sick of the left's blatant lying, never taking responsibility for their failures, overwhelming level of corruption, constantly saying one thing and doing another, their constant attacks on law enforcement, sanctuary cities for illegals who kill Americans, shall I go on?

Oh hell, nothing pisses them off more than optimism and courage.

As a swing voter, I've voted for both Republicans and Democrats over the last 40+ years. There is one theme I just don't get about Republican voters: Anger, and lot's of it! When I started in the job market way back in the early 70's unemployment was over 7%, lines at gas stations were long, mortgage interest rates were over 13%, and America was just winding down the long horror show that was the Viet Nam war. In listening to Donald Trump at the Republican Convention, one would have thought we were living in the depths of hell. Reality Check Republicans: It's not all that bad! so please tone down the anger. President Obama and Hillary Clinton have their flaws just like anyone else, but they are not the monsters you take them for. I think Donald Trump would be a decent President, but he's probably not going to win, so calm down and realize there will always be another election. Republicans: If it makes you feel better, just remember it was only a few years ago during Hillary's term as a NY Senator that Donald Trump was singing her praises, and telling everyone she would make a fine President. Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are not as different as you pretend folks, so calm down and try to vote based on your judgement, not on your emotions.
Democrats are anti American as is the republican party and Trump is the ONLY outsider with a chance to destroy the system and rebuild it. If the bitch wins fine I hope she finished what the coon started and destroys America and it collapses and we can do the cleansing we need and start anew.

One more UN rep in the White House, and it's game over. As it is they are importing Democratic voters and stuffing them into Republican states to insure there will never be another election. We will have our choice between two UN representatives to give the impression that we are still a Democracy.

Bizarre isn't it? These people see misery in everything, even where there is none. And rightwing media has demonized not just the Clintons but anyone that has a differing viewpoint. It is unAmerican. America is built on compromise. Republicans in Congress have decided they're political party is the final power in the country, above the Constitution, so they deny a sitting president's Constitutional authority to appoint a Supreme Court justice, an un-Constitutional act by Congress. But Republicans have finally given up on this democracy. If they can't win by election they will use whatever small power they do have to hold the rest of the government and the entire country hostage until their demands are met. They are not Americans anymore, their political party has become the only god they bow to.

They are the Republican Politburo.

We are sick of the left's blatant lying, never taking responsibility for their failures, overwhelming level of corruption, constantly saying one thing and doing another, their constant attacks on law enforcement, sanctuary cities for illegals who kill Americans, shall I go on?

No need. Your list of lies make it clear that you have no link to reality.

Why is it when Democrats are angery they are described as being passionate about their cause but when Republicans are angery they are simply called angery? One thing that might be driving Republican anger is the constant double standards and hypocrisy.

They are NOT called simply angry they are called angry and crazy. Probably because they go a little nuts when they get angry.

Why the anger? Herding assholes gets tedious after a while.

Why is it when Democrats are angery they are described as being passionate about their cause but when Republicans are angery they are simply called angery? One thing that might be driving Republican anger is the constant double standards and hypocrisy.

They are NOT called simply angry they are called angry and crazy. Probably because they go a little nuts when they get angry.
So do Democrats yet those labels are not applied to them.

So do Democrats yet those labels are not applied to them.

Of course not. Republicans accuse their opponents of all kinds of crazy shit up to and including murder. Democrats don't do that. If you don't like being called crazy, then quit doing and saying crazy stuff. Your own politicians publicly admit that the RNC is the stupid party.

Rush Limbaugh has taught us Republicans there's money in all that bitching. Hasn't worked out for me yet but who knows when opportunity will come knocking?

If there was money in bitching, my ex-wife should be a gazillionaire.

There's are a lot of people who need someone to blame for all the ills of this world. Call them conservatives, liberals, or whatever but they all share one thing in common. They can not accept the fact that both good and bad coexist in all government programs and legislation. Almost nothing is black or white but shades of gray. The major problems in society have no quick fixes. Any lasting solutions will be a comprises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The anger is our economy is going nowhere.....8 years, you have to do better than 1.2% GDP....atlteast hit 3% at some point.
Our foreign policy is a mess....the world is more dangerous. We helped the Syrians, Libyans, and Egyptians to rebel versus their government and create a complete mess.
We have people killing cops and our administration tries to justify that.
We have terrorism that is very real and dangerous and an administration that does not take it seriously. From JV team to it's the safest time in the world, our President has no clue.
Letting in refugees with poor vetting is not a good idea and will get people killed
We have people pouring in the border and overstaying visas and no one is enforcing them to leave, plus we need a barrier to keep the south border secure.
We have trade deals taking money out of our country by the tens and hundreds of millions.
We have the highest corporate taxes, that along with poor trade agreements, cause businesses to make products and create jobs outside of our own country.

The OP makes the false assumption that the anger that has propelled Trump the GOP nominee is exclusively from Republicans. That is incorrect. The anger comes from an entire class of people of all colors and political persuasions that feel they have been left out and have no voice.

The OP makes the false assumption that the anger that has propelled Trump the GOP nominee is exclusively from Republicans. That is incorrect. The anger comes from an entire class of people of all colors and political persuasions that feel they have been left out and have no voice.

You really think Trump's supporters include more than a handful who aren't republicans.

Why all the anger REPUBLICANS?

:rolleyes:

Black Lives Matter has called for the murder of all whites and cops...has danced when cops were assassinated...mocked police after their commrades were murdered...

Liberals CHASED DOWN and BEAT BLOODY those who did not agree with them / Trump supporters...

Liberals in Chicago are engaged in setting a new record for gun violence and murder, committing black-on-black crime...

Liberals are protesting - THROWING URINE AT THEMSELVES and SETTING THEMSELVES ON FIRE TRYING TO BURN THE AMERICAN FLAG...

The DNC was exposed as having organized and manned protests...fir having organized and incited violent protests...

Democrats at their own convention were chanting 'Lock Her Up' about their own Presidential candidate...

So what's up with all this 'Republican' stuff? Democrats have proven much more violent than Republicans...

Even the Nobel Peace Prize Winner started a new war in Iraq...started 2 un-authoruzed wars in Libya and Syria...killed 163 civilians in his personal drone assassination program, got more than 500 killed - 5 Americans - by giving Mexican Drug Cartels, got 12 Americans killed in Ca by bringing a terririst into the country, and Hillary contributed by getting 4 Americans needlessly killed...

Democrats win hands-down...

Forum List

Back