Republicans want to dump Trump. Will they rally behind a 2024 alternative fast enough?

Trump has nearly twice the polling numbers as Desantis ... if Trump runs he will be the nominee .
And what if he wins?

We'll be back to the same unwinnable equation, Trump and the populists versus the combined forces of the Democrats and the Deep State.

Trump can not drain that swamp, not with all those forces arrayed against him. He literally would have to become a dictatorial strongman to get that done, and America won't tolerate that. The left and the ptb will just torpedo him again, impeach him six more times. He can't get anything done on his own, and he doesn't have the confidence of the opposition enough to govern effectively and meaningfully.

And what if he wins?

We'll be back to the same unwinnable equation, Trump and the populists versus the combined forces of the Democrats and the Deep State.

Trump can not drain that swamp, not with all those forces arrayed against him. He literally would have to become a dictatorial strongman to get that done, and America won't tolerate that. The left and the ptb will just torpedo him again, impeach him six more times. He can't get anything done on his own, and he doesn't have the confidence of the opposition enough to govern effectively and meaningfully.
you are right about the dems and the swamp making it very difficult for him to lead ....

I'm not dumping Trump.

If he is not the R nominee, I will vote for whomever that is.. But so far, Trump is the only declared and I am as enthused about him as I was in past elections. He isn't a saint, but...

who is?
Funny how LOW you are all willing to go in your standards to stick with your cult figurehead.

There are still plenty of Republicans that still want Trump. Will they be willing to support a different candidate in the primary? We'll see.

I’m a republican and I dont want to dump trump

If you can find a younger candidate with trump’s agenda and charisma but less personal baggage I’ll give him a look

But dont drag in a swamp rat and think any trump supporter will accept him as a leader

They coming around. Since the Mises Caucus took over the party's leadership, they getting back to take up for the American working class again, and ditching most of that support for trannies, druggies and death row people.

This is why I left the LP. It got to where they cared more about those people than they did decent working folks. But it's turning around. And it's going to take some time.
The leftist that invaded and tried to destroy the LP did some long lasting damage. Couple those people with Bill Weld, and I'd say it took the LP back 30 years.

None the less, we know this two party system isn't any good. I'm not ready to jump back on the LP's train just yet. But I am keeping my eye on them and hoping for better in 2024.
I support the two-party system. Adding more parties just splits the conservative vote.

Not gonna happen. Dims are way too corrupt and even some of their brainless minions see it now.
Gee, who wouldn't vote for a candidate for President who needs to win to avoid federal prison for inciting an insurrection against the U.S. Govt?

So go ahead & reelect that no good coxsucker & he'll do it again.

Gee, who wouldn't vote for a candidate for President who needs to win to avoid federal prison for inciting an insurrection against the U.S. Govt?

So go ahead & reelect that no good coxsucker & he'll do it again.
Investigated for 2 years and that's why Trump's in prison! :laughing0301:

Are there any democrats who still want Biden? So far there are no democrats who are willing to challenge the current pres. and that is a bigger problem than the republican candidates.

These people think they're saving America from Satan. Really. So they're all fired up to vote 'n stuff. I suspect turnout won't be a problem.

The question may be whether Trump ends up in legal trouble. If that happens, we'll see people jumping in to the race faster than shit through a goose

….how fast does shit go through a goose? ….just curious…..

you are right about the dems and the swamp making it very difficult for him to lead ....
IMO that's what got him the first time. Trump is no dummy, he knew he "had to" bring some of those people on board to get anything done.

Personally, I wouldn't think in those terms, it's management-think and I don't think that way.

I think in terms of separation of powers and exercise of my powers and fuck em if they don't like it.

That's why I'm not in politics, no one will vote for me. lol :p

I cannot morally vote for a billionaire. So desantis or Haley is fine otherwise it's third party and third party voters are increasing.

Trump, DeSantis, Ramaswami and Pompeo would all be far better Presidents than anyone Democrats can possibly come up with. Their biggest problem will be withstanding the fake news onslaught they are sure to see. There's a question about the non Trumpers ability to take that kind of heat. Trump has already done it. That's why Trump needs to be the nominee. In the end, the American workers and citizens will win big with a Republican victory.

Forum List

Back