Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats

OriginalShroom

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2013
Why am I not surprised...

Perhaps because Republicans didn't vote for a man who said he wanted to "Fundamentally Change" the country..

Which he and the Democrats have tried their damnedest to do.................... With some success... unfortunately.

Nor did we vote for a man who had a good friend and fund raiser have their picture taken standing on the American Flag and saying that he wished he had blown up more buildings.

Gallup: Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats | WashingtonExaminer.com

In recognition of Independence Day, Gallup has released a poll on whether American citizens are still proud to be American.

Ninety-three percent of Republicans indicate that they are “extremely/very proud” to be American while only 85 percent of Democrats feel the same way.

Eighty-one percent of political Independents indicate they are “extremely/very proud.”

Likewise, 89 percent of poll respondents who identified themselves as conservative are “extremely/very proud,” to be American compared to 76 percent of liberals.

If the right wingers are supposedly so patriotic, why are they so anti-the leader of the free world?

Though it's understandable from all the right wing machine brainwashing that tells the sheep that being a "patriot" means to hate the president, minorities, gays, freedom, the middle class, and pretty much everything besides the rich, guns, and fox news.

Last edited:
Why am I not surprised...

Perhaps because Republicans didn't vote for a man who said he wanted to "Fundamentally Change" the country..

Which he and the Democrats have tried their damnedest to do.................... With some success... unfortunately.

Nor did we vote for a man who had a good friend and fund raiser have their picture taken standing on the American Flag and saying that he wished he had blown up more buildings.

Gallup: Republicans more proud to be American than Democrats | WashingtonExaminer.com

In recognition of Independence Day, Gallup has released a poll on whether American citizens are still proud to be American.

Ninety-three percent of Republicans indicate that they are “extremely/very proud” to be American while only 85 percent of Democrats feel the same way.

Eighty-one percent of political Independents indicate they are “extremely/very proud.”

Likewise, 89 percent of poll respondents who identified themselves as conservative are “extremely/very proud,” to be American compared to 76 percent of liberals.

Nationalism, the idea that this place is better because I was born here :eusa_whistle:

Really, there is not much to that type of statistic. Ti really does not mean anything. If you really did not like this nation, you would leave it for a better one. Pride in this nation (or lack thereof) can be for a myriad of reasons and validity exists on both sides. You might no longer be proud of America because of the internal spying that this nation does or the “place your hated military action here” war.

What is important is whether or not people still believe in what this nation was founded on – freedom and basic rights. I would be that the real answer to that (not some silly poll answers but truth) is a LOT lower all across the aisle than people that claim to be ‘proud’ to be an American.

If the right wingers are supposedly so patriotic, why are they so anti-the leader of the free world?

Though it's understandable from all the right wing machine brainwashing that tells the sheep that being a "patriot" means to hate the president, minorities, gays, freedom, the middle class, and pretty much everything besides the rich, guns, and fox news.

That's BS......but you just keep spreading the lies even though you know it isn't true.

And we're ANTI the leader of the free world because he's a jack-ass and really becoming an embarrassment to the free world! Nobody has to tell us to dislike (not hate!) him, he gives us enough ammunition to do that on his own.

Was it the Conservatives at Harvard that released the study in 2011 that 4th of July parades were "more beneficial" to Republicans or Democrats? The teachers deeming students wearing or drawing US Flags offensive.... Are these teachers Republican? How about the parents and teachers fighting Pledge of Allegiance....Republicans? Finally, residence in communities told to take down their US flags because the community wants to promote diversity.... Think this statute was born from Republicans?

Dissent is the ultimate form of Patriotism..... This does not include infringing on someone's rights to show their National Pride.

Here's some good patriots:

"I would think that if you understood what Communism was, you would hope, you would pray on your knees, that we would someday become communists."
Jane Fonda

"And the idea is--in that comparison--is that the United States is like the good guys in our movie against the bad guys in our movie and I think the opposite is true unfortunately."
Viggo Mortensen

''We, the United States of America, are culpable in committing so many acts of terror and bloodshed that we had better get a clue about the culture of violence in which we have been active participants.''
Michael Moore

"We give an infinitesimal amount of our money to people around the world. I think what people around the world would say is it would take so little for this rich country to help and alleviate so much misery and even that is too much for them. We’re oblivious to suffering.”
Bill Maher

"Our country is founded on a sham: our forefathers were slave-owning rich white guys who wanted it their way. So when I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.' That you can have a gay parade on Christopher Street in New York, with naked men and women on a float cheering, 'We're here, we're queer!' -- that's what makes my heart swell. Not the flag, but a gay naked man or woman burning the flag. I get choked up with pride."
Janeane Garofalo

“Rt wingers luv to tout American Exceptionalism – today is a reminder that so many of the things that make us exceptional these days are bad”
Bill Maher

“I hate this goddamned country! How can I live in a place that lets people go broke because they get sick? How is healthcare not a basic human right?”
Nicole Sandler

“We are a nation founded on genocide and built on the backs of slaves.”
Michael Moore

“We should not forget that the U.S. itself is a leading terrorist state.”
Noam Chomsky

“As to those in the World Trade Center . . .
Well, really. Let’s get a grip here, shall we? True enough, they were civilians of a sort. But innocent? Gimme a break. They formed a technocratic corps at the very heart of America’s global financial empire…
If there was a better, more effective, or in fact any other way of visiting some penalty befitting their participation upon the little Eichmanns inhabiting the sterile sanctuary of the twin towers, I’d really be interested in hearing about it.”
Ward Churchill

Forum List

Back