Republicans don't need to "work with" the President

Voters will not tolerate either party shutting down government. Newt learned it the hard way, and I think Speaker to be Boehner, despite all the rhetoric, understands that. I think McConnell is in for the surprise of his life.

Gee whiz some of you folks have to pay a little more attention to what's been going on. It isn't rocket science. Heck, it isn't even paper airplane science. It's real simple.

For the past two years we've had the No Party and the Yes Party. On Tuesday the voters of America showed which side they were on by handing the Yes Party stunning defeats at both the federal and state levels.

So, going forward now who has to "work with" whom? I'm not telling. You'll have to noodle that out on your own. But keep in mind the No Party has been acting in accordance with the will of the people. The Yes Party has been in opposition to the will of the people, and it cost them big time. Should they continue their self-destructive work or maybe try something else?

Gee whiz some of you folks have to pay a little more attention to what's been going on. It isn't rocket science. Heck, it isn't even paper airplane science. It's real simple.

For the past two years we've had the No Party and the Yes Party. On Tuesday the voters of America showed which side they were on by handing the Yes Party stunning defeats at both the federal and state levels.

So, going forward now who has to "work with" whom? I'm not telling. You'll have to noodle that out on your own. But keep in mind the No Party has been acting in accordance with the will of the people. The Yes Party has been in opposition to the will of the people, and it cost them big time. Should they continue their self-destructive work or maybe try something else?
The only reason voters handed a large victory to Republicans is we have 9.5% unemployment and Democrats have not been able spur the economy into creating enough jobs. Swing voters and dissatisfied Democrats who are responsible for the victory are not going to be satisfied with Republican sitting on the sidelines and saying no. With control of the House, they are going have to get legislation passed by working with the Democrats. If not, then they will face a backlash in two years.

The only reason voters handed a large victory to Republicans is we have 9.5% unemployment and Democrats have not been able spur the economy into creating enough jobs. Swing voters and dissatisfied Democrats who are responsible for the victory are not going to be satisfied with Republican sitting on the sidelines and saying no. With control of the House, they are going have to get legislation passed by working with the Democrats. If not, then they will face a backlash in two years.

Okay, paper airplane science is a bit over your head.

By not going along with the Yes Party's reckless programs the No Party was rewarded by the voters.

Who said the Republicans are going to sit on the sidelines and say no? And here's a newsflash for you. With control of the House they don't have to work with any Dimocrats to get legislation passed. If the Dims are smart, in light of what just happened to their many former colleagues, they'll want to work with the Republicans. But if not the stuff gets passed and sent on to the Senate without them.

If voters are pissed in '12 it'll be at the Dims if they choose to continue down the same path that just took sixty-something of them over the cliff.

It's not important just to look at the promises made by the Republicans who won last night, you have to look at the past year as well.

Republicans got flack for opposing Obama's spending and overhaul of GM, the health-care reform bill, the financial reform bill, the stimulus. They were all but left for dead by even many in their party two years ago. Now they take back the House, and make huge gains in the Senate by opposing Obama...and this means the country wants them to work with him?

BS.

This country wants them to stay the course and continue to oppose his runaway spending, not play into it. They should focus on two things: job growth and dealing with the health-care bill. They need to make an ultimatum: either agree to overhaul huge sections of it, with real oversight and repeal of the individual mandate, or they need to vote to cut any and all funding for it. That way there wont be a massive "repeal" of the law, but it wont go into effect with no funds appropriated for it.

What about the significant amount of Americans like myself that want the health care reform bill expanded because its not good enough? The Americans that want to repeal it are fucking disillusioned and don't know shit about the bill, who's going to be against having the comfort of knowing that when they have an illness that they're going to be taken care of and not rejected?

Of course they don't have to work with the president. The president doesn't have to work with them either. Nor the senate but that's not what the American people want them to do.

If there isn't marked improvement in jobs and the economy, they're all going to get thrown out next time.

If you think this is a mandate to repeal everything Obama and Pelosi have done, you are wrong. The problem with the Teapartiers is they show their hand too soon, always. They're already changing their tune about working together for the American people. You know that whiney and creepy crying speech Boehner gave the other day?

The dopey Rs don't know what to do winning the gavel, they never did.

By not going along with the Yes Party's reckless programs the No Party was rewarded by the voters.

Who said the Republicans are going to sit on the sidelines and say no? And here's a newsflash for you. With control of the House they don't have to work with any Dimocrats to get legislation passed. If the Dims are smart, in light of what just happened to their many former colleagues, they'll want to work with the Republicans. But if not the stuff gets passed and sent on to the Senate without them.

If voters are pissed in '12 it'll be at the Dims if they choose to continue down the same path that just took sixty-something of them over the cliff.

blastoff, if unemployment had been 5%, the GOP would have picked up maybe five seats in the House and two in the Senate. There is nothing that the GOP can do to generate jobs. 20% of the country thinks like you, while the other 80% will reward those who make jobs avaialbe. This is not an ideological issue.

blastoff, if unemployment had been 5%, the GOP would have picked up maybe five seats in the House and two in the Senate. There is nothing that the GOP can do to generate jobs. 20% of the country thinks like you, while the other 80% will reward those who make jobs avaialbe. This is not an ideological issue.

If the Democrats had been successful with the economy they wouldn't have gotten slaughtered. Yes. Post another blinding flash fo the obvious.
The GOP cannot create jobs. They never claimed to be able to. Government does not create jobs, but it can sure kill them.

If the Democrats had been successful with the economy they wouldn't have gotten slaughtered. Yes. Post another blinding flash fo the obvious.
The GOP cannot create jobs. They never claimed to be able to. Government does not create jobs, but it can sure kill them.

So what are Republitards going to do about unemployment, nothing? You've crying for two years about Dems not doing anything about jobs so what are they going to do?

I am conservative not a republican. The only party I want to have is the one after Obama gets destroyed, hopefully in the courts before the 2012 election. I pay 50% of my income in taxes, how much more do you want you leech?

. I am not a leech, idiot. You know nothing about me. I have worked my entire life in government programs since medicare was implemented in July of 1966. So don't talk about what you don't know.

Yes, you are a leach. You create work and then fill it. 1966. Geezus. I want my money back.

No, I am not a leech. You most likely are. I didn't create work, you ass hole. I found a job, like people do every day of the year. I started in 1966 and worked there for almost 30 years. I got up every single day at 5 and got home between 6-8. I worked hard for years. And you're making fun of me??

What have you done with your miserable life beside sit around and think of ways to be an ass hole?? It's usually deadbeats and idiots that have accomplished nothing in life that tear down what other people have done. Fuck you, you worthless excuse for a human being.

It's not important just to look at the promises made by the Republicans who won last night, you have to look at the past year as well.

Republicans got flack for opposing Obama's spending and overhaul of GM, the health-care reform bill, the financial reform bill, the stimulus. They were all but left for dead by even many in their party two years ago. Now they take back the House, and make huge gains in the Senate by opposing Obama...and this means the country wants them to work with him?

BS.

This country wants them to stay the course and continue to oppose his runaway spending, not play into it. They should focus on two things: job growth and dealing with the health-care bill. They need to make an ultimatum: either agree to overhaul huge sections of it, with real oversight and repeal of the individual mandate, or they need to vote to cut any and all funding for it. That way there wont be a massive "repeal" of the law, but it wont go into effect with no funds appropriated for it.

With the president wielding veto power the Republitards are going to have to work together with him and the Dems, playing the defiant hardball role is going to result in a back lash.

Yes, Republicans do have to work with Democrats if they want to see anything passed. When the Senate receives the tea party inspired bills from the House, the Senate will mark them up and send them back. If the House is not willing to compromise, the bills will die.

I think it's very unlikely the House will come up with any legislation to solve the unemployment problem. I expect constitutional amendments and bills deep rooted in Tea Party ideology which they know will fail, then again they didn't come to Washington to pass legislation but as McConnell and Boeher have said their top priority is to stop Obama.

lets say a person runs on a platform of whatever....they get elected by a majority of people in their district....isn't it their job to do what they said they would do ... which means if the said they were going to repeal healthcare...isn't it their duty to try to do so....

So what are Republitards going to do about unemployment, nothing? You've crying for two years about Dems not doing anything about jobs so what are they going to do?

This is why the Dems lost. They wanted to "do something." They never realized (and you still don't) that gov't cannot "do something" without screwing things up further.
The GOP will block further moves to raise taxes and increase regulation. The rest will take care of itself.

lets say a person runs on a platform of whatever....they get elected by a majority of people in their district....isn't it their job to do what they said they would do ... which means if the said they were going to repeal healthcare...isn't it their duty to try to do so....

Fixing the economy and lowering unemployment? What about that?

Fixing the economy and lowering unemployment? What about that?

It's a three-for.

Representatives and Senators should work for those programs, platforms, and planks their voters sent them to Washington to enact. Take the health insurance reform legislation. About 40% of the Senate and a little more than 50% want that, but it won't happen: they don't have the votes, the Senate would block, and the President would veto it. The Senate minority can keep forcing votes on bringing up legislation like that, the majority and say "no", you are not the majority, and you are wasting time while the majority of Americans want a better economy. That is where the battle lines will be drawn and the attacks and defenses framed.

How do you balance the budget when you add $4 trillion in debt through the Bush tax cuts?

Got news for you Republicans.....you are still the minority
Unless you learn to get along with others, you will get nothing done

Forum List

Back