Republican Rhetoric and Right-Wing Terrorism: 10 Troubling Incidents

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago

Best thing I've read in a long time.

I've been saying this since 2008 -- you throw gas (Glenn Beck) on a fire, you're going to get a bigger fire.

Fox is all about show and fear-mongering, but when you yell "totalitarian" in the world's oldest democracy and refer to the chief executive with term limits and constitutional checks and balances on his authority as a "tyrant".... you are fostering ignorance and impotent rage. Period.

But first, what I said was that the problem isn't just the violent rhetoric we sometimes hear from the likes of Glenn Beck, and not just the conspiracy theories, but also the generally apocalyptic tone conservatives use to describe even ordinary political disagreements, in which every Obama administration initiative is a tyrannical nightmare sounding the death knell of freedom and the end of America as we know it. Here's my conclusio

But the argument that no sane person could actually believe many of the things conservatives say shouldn't absolve them of responsibility. When you broadcast every day that the government of the world's oldest democracy is a totalitarian beast bent on turning America into a prison of oppression and fear, when you glorify lawbreakers like Cliven Bundy, when you say that your opponents would literally destroy the country if they could, you can't profess surprise when some people decide that violence is the only means of forestalling the disaster you have warned them about.

Bottom line, the problem needs a closer look and those stoking the fire need to be reminded that free speech doesn't cover inciting riots or criminal activity.

Best thing I've read in a long time.

I've been saying this since 2008 -- you throw gas (Glenn Beck) on a fire, you're going to get a bigger fire.

Fox is all about show and fear-mongering, but when you yell "totalitarian" in the world's oldest democracy and refer to the chief executive with term limits and constitutional checks and balances on his authority as a "tyrant".... you are fostering ignorance and impotent rage. Period.

But first, what I said was that the problem isn't just the violent rhetoric we sometimes hear from the likes of Glenn Beck, and not just the conspiracy theories, but also the generally apocalyptic tone conservatives use to describe even ordinary political disagreements, in which every Obama administration initiative is a tyrannical nightmare sounding the death knell of freedom and the end of America as we know it. Here's my conclusio

But the argument that no sane person could actually believe many of the things conservatives say shouldn't absolve them of responsibility. When you broadcast every day that the government of the world's oldest democracy is a totalitarian beast bent on turning America into a prison of oppression and fear, when you glorify lawbreakers like Cliven Bundy, when you say that your opponents would literally destroy the country if they could, you can't profess surprise when some people decide that violence is the only means of forestalling the disaster you have warned them about.

Bottom line, the problem needs a closer look and those stoking the fire need to be reminded that free speech doesn't cover inciting riots or criminal activity.
Anyone who supports Obama has no business criticizing others for the dumb stuff they believe.

republican rhetoric and right-wing terrorism: 10 troubling incidents

best thing i've read in a long time.

I've been saying this since 2008 -- you throw gas (glenn beck) on a fire, you're going to get a bigger fire.

Fox is all about show and fear-mongering, but when you yell "totalitarian" in the world's oldest democracy and refer to the chief executive with term limits and constitutional checks and balances on his authority as a "tyrant".... You are fostering ignorance and impotent rage. Period.

but first, what i said was that the problem isn't just the violent rhetoric we sometimes hear from the likes of glenn beck, and not just the conspiracy theories, but also the generally apocalyptic tone conservatives use to describe even ordinary political disagreements, in which every obama administration initiative is a tyrannical nightmare sounding the death knell of freedom and the end of america as we know it. Here's my conclusio

but the argument that no sane person could actually believe many of the things conservatives say shouldn't absolve them of responsibility. When you broadcast every day that the government of the world's oldest democracy is a totalitarian beast bent on turning america into a prison of oppression and fear, when you glorify lawbreakers like cliven bundy, when you say that your opponents would literally destroy the country if they could, you can't profess surprise when some people decide that violence is the only means of forestalling the disaster you have warned them about.

bottom line, the problem needs a closer look and those stoking the fire need to be reminded that free speech doesn't cover inciting riots or criminal activity.
====================================

josef goebbels approves.

Forum List

Back