Republican House Sends Bill To Trump Blocking Online Privacy Regulation...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Boy, i'm growing more & more disappointed with Republicans by the day. This is probably the first time i've ever agreed with Nancy Pelosi.

Is this really necessary? I mean i support reducing regulations, but i can't support this. This is just blatant awful pandering to Corporations. I hope President Trump does the right thing and Vetoes it.

Congress has sent President Donald Trump legislation that would kill an online privacy regulation, a move that could eventually allow internet providers such as Comcast, AT&T and Verizon to sell the browsing habits of their customers.

The Federal Communications Commission rule issued in October was designed to give consumers greater control over how internet service providers share information. But critics said the rule would have stifled innovation and picked winners and losers among Internet companies.

The House voted 215-205 to reject the rule. The Senate had already voted to the block it.

The vote is part of an extensive effort that Republicans have undertaken to void an array of regulations issued during the final months of Democratic President Barack Obama's tenure. But the vote was closer this time with 15 Republicans siding with Democrats in the effort to keep the rule in place.

"Overwhelmingly, the American people do not agree with Republicans that this information should be sold, and it certainly should not be sold without your permission," Pelosi said. "Our broadband providers know deeply personal information about us and our families."

Internet companies like Google don't have to ask users' permission before tracking what sites they visit. Republicans and industry groups have blasted that discrepancy, saying it was unfair and confusing for consumers...

House sends bill to Trump blocking online privacy regulation
DRUDGE REPORT 2017®

Last edited:
Whatever business wants they will give it to them..

Yeah, i'm very disturbed by this one. Straight-up ugly pandering to Corporations. I'm ashamed of my Republican friends. Hopefully, Trump won't go along. Stay tuned.

I've seen the regulation. It's over 200 pages. That's fucking ridiculous and unreasonable.

I don't mind cutting regulations, but cutting this one is completely unnecessary. It's blatant ugly pandering to Corporations. I truly hope Trump doesn't go along.

I've seen the regulation. It's over 200 pages. That's fucking ridiculous and unreasonable.

What does the number of pages have to do with it?

Anywho...from the OP
But critics said the rule would have stifled innovation and picked winners and losers among Internet companies.

You ever notice this is always the excuse they use to give companies more power?

I don't mind cutting regulations, but cutting this one is completely unnecessary. It's blatant ugly pandering to Corporations. I truly hope Trump doesn't go along.
There's no pandering to corporations.

It sure is. Maintaining privacy is very important to most Americans. This bill gives free reign to the Corporations on that. It's awful pandering. Trump shouldn't support it.

What does the number of pages have to do with it?

Anywho...from the OP
But critics said the rule would have stifled innovation and picked winners and losers among Internet companies.

You ever notice this is always the excuse they use to give companies more power?

Yeah, i'm very disappointed with my Republican friends on this. This is Corporate Bootlicking at its worst.

It sure is. Maintaining privacy is very important to most Americans. This bill gives free reign to the Corporations on that. It's awful pandering. Trump shouldn't support it.
That's simply untrue.

That's simply untrue.

Most Americans don't support this. Most still wanna preserve some semblance of privacy. If Trump signs this, i'll have lost some faith in him. I supported him, but stuff like this will erode my support.

That's simply untrue.

Most Americans don't support this. Most still wanna preserve some semblance of privacy. If Trump signs this, i'll have lost some faith in him. I supported him, but stuff like this will erode my support.
The bill does not take away your privacy.

That's simply untrue.

It hands over all control to the Corporations. Of course it effects your privacy.

That's simply untrue.

It hands over all control to the Corporations. Of course it effects your privacy.
Where does the bill say that?

That's simply untrue.

Where does the bill say that?

They're removing all protections for Citizens. They're handing all control over to the Corporations. They can now do what they like with your personal info.

I just don't see how you can see this as a 'good thing' for average Citizens. It's obviously a great thing for Corporations that wanna invade your privacy, but it's not good for average folks.

I say you butcher every member of any corporation that sells your data.

I'm shocked Republicans are doing this. I mean i'm for cutting regulations, but this one is completely unnecessary. It's blatant ugly pandering to the Corporations. Is Trump really gonna support it? Man if he does, my support for him is gonna be eroded a bit.

I'm shocked Republicans are doing this. I mean i'm for cutting regulations, but this one is completely unnecessary. It's blatant ugly pandering to the Corporations. Is Trump really gonna support it? Man if he does, my support for him is gonna be eroded a bit.

It's sad how people have become completely dependent on the state to stop unethical and unpopular behavior.

That's simply untrue.

You're right, the bill doesn't take away your privacy. It allows companies to take away your privacy.

Yeah just now Trump is pandering to corporations. :rolleyes: Half his cabinet is made up of Goldman Sachs execs, but NOW you're disappointed.

Forum List

Back