Republican Economic Policy

News Medical Life Sciences, Aug 12 2009

As members of Congress return to their states and districts to debate the merits of the Democrats' proposals for health care reform, critics of the proposals may repeat the phrase used by some Republicans, newspaper editorials and bloggers that 'the American health care system is the envy of the world."​

If so, they should read the results of a recent Harris/Decima poll in Canada that found a 10-to-1 majority of Canadians believed their system was "superior" to the U.S. system. They might also note that a 70% majority of Canadians thought their system was "performing well"; and that a majority favored an expansion of public sector health care (i.e., "government-run" health care in the current debate) over private sector health care.

These are some of the results of a recent Harris/Decima telephone survey conducted between June 4 and 8, 2009 by Harris/Decima among 1,000 Canadian adults.

The main findings were:

• A 70% majority of Canadians thought their system was performing either "very well (12%) or "fairly well" (58%). Only 28% thought it was performing "not well at all" (9%) or "not that well" (19%).
  • Most people (55%) favored an expansion of the public sector. Just over a quarter (27%) of Canadians thought that the Canadian system had got the balance between public and private sector health care right. Only 12% favored a tilt towards the private sector.
  • An 82% majority of Canadians believed their country's health care system was superior to the U.S. system. Only 8% thought the U.S. system was superior.
The Results of Other Harris Surveys in Other Countries

Another Harris Poll report, published July 2, 2008, compared the popularity of the health care systems in 10 countries. The United States system was the most unpopular. It reported that 33% of Americans felt there was "so much wrong with the health care system, we need to completely rebuild it." In the other nine countries between 9% (in the Netherlands) and 20% (in Italy) felt this way. Only 12% of Americans thought that "the system works pretty well."

25 weeks for healthcare, that is fun......Shit people in this country get mad if they have to wait 2 weeks...

What a racist thing you would say. Where is IM2 to debate you on this?
I would match that by saying 100% of the Democrats have an IQ less than an imbecile. How else could Joe Biden get elected, other than by stealing the 2020 election.

View attachment 670260
RaceCard.png

Reagan did not double revenues. Not even close.

Not even close? After cutting the top rate 60%?

He did submit the first trillion dollar budget, though. And he increased the debt-to-GDP ratio.

And won the Cold War.
Another word play by lefties is calling TAXES, "Revenues". We went to war with a Tyrant of England when he put a 3 cent tax on Tea. Our forefathers would look at US with disdain on what the Progressives and their slaves have done to US..

b2b644a3140e9a2215c7e8b1ef7954c1.jpg

I am not the one that said "One fourth of the Negro population has an IQ less than 75%." You did, which again seems like a racist thing to say. If you notice, i didnt pick out a certain race who is considered "stupid" i put all of you dumbasses into the group, because only really stupid people would vote for a guy who has fucked you royally up the ass, as Joe Biden had done..

Again see chart.
Binet-Simon_scale.jpg

Nixon's Southern Strategy would not have worked if the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the War on Poverty had not been followed by five years of black ghetto rioting, and more enduring increases in black social pathology.

A Democrat dove would have been elected president in 1968 who would have negotiated an end to the War in Vietnam. Because of the black ghetto riots and disruptive behavior by the anti war movement the War continued for seven more terrible years.

I was afraid that the canonization of Saint George of Floyd, and the nonsense Democratic talk about "the mainly peaceful protests against racial injustice," that followed the death of that collector of felony convictions and father of illegitimate children, and which cost an estimate two billion dollars in damage, would win a second term for Trump. Fortunately, they did not.

The black response to the opportunities opened to them by the civil rights legislation and the War on Poverty has enabled Republican economic policy to redistribute wealth and income upward.

While I agree that the huge amount of generic crime committed by blacks in the 1960s & 1970s had a terrible effect on race relations for years to come, I can't agree that conditions didn't force black Americans to take some action to protest those conditions. Most rioting were political acts.

The Civil rights act of 1964 and the war on poverty were only a start at rectifying the injustices.

If white Americans were treated the way black Americans were, there would have been a whole lot more violence.

I also can't agree with your characterization of the protests & riots after George Floyd's murder. I don't care what his character was, nor do I care what his race was. Police should NOT murder American citizens - that is not their job. Police should be indicted when they commit crimes.

The fact is that disempowered black people have no other means of rectifying injustices done to them. The justice system is corrupt as hell and is stacked against them.

While I agree that the huge amount of generic crime committed by blacks in the 1960s & 1970s had a terrible effect on race relations for years to come, I can't agree that conditions didn't force black Americans to take some action to protest those conditions. Most rioting were political acts.

The Civil rights act of 1964 and the war on poverty were only a start at rectifying the injustices.

If white Americans were treated the way black Americans were, there would have been a whole lot more violence.

I also can't agree with your characterization of the protests & riots after George Floyd's murder. I don't care what his character was, nor do I care what his race was. Police should NOT murder American citizens - that is not their job. Police should be indicted when they commit crimes.

The fact is that disempowered black people have no other means of rectifying injustices done to them. The justice system is corrupt as hell and is stacked against them.
Nothing justifies looting and burning stores.

I'm sure that King George said the same about the Boston Tea Party.

Sometimes people have to take a stand.
The stand blacks made by looting and burning stores led to white backlash, which in turn made Republican economic policy possible.

American Negroes are better off economically than Negroes in any black run country in the world. They are responsible for their own problems, and have nothing to complain to whites about. Whites should be having demonstrations against black crime, affirmative action, and the cost of supporting their illegitimate children on welfare with our tax money.

I vote Democrat. The Democrats' best issue is the growing income gap. We cannot exploit it because most whites distrust us on the issues of crime, race, and immigration. That is why Republican economic policy has been able to redistribute wealth and income from the middle and working classes to the upper classes.

The stand blacks made by looting and burning stores led to white backlash, which in turn made Republican economic policy possible.

American Negroes are better off economically than Negroes in any black run country in the world. They are responsible for their own problems, and have nothing to complain to whites about. Whites should be having demonstrations against black crime, affirmative action, and the cost of supporting their illegitimate children on welfare with our tax money.

I vote Democrat. The Democrats' best issue is the growing income gap. We cannot exploit it because most whites distrust us on the issues of crime, race, and immigration. That is why Republican economic policy has been able to redistribute wealth and income from the middle and working classes to the upper classes.

Nothing to complain about?

Getting murdered by police for minor infractions is nothing to complain about?

Seriously?

"Police should be indicted when they commit crimes". They were, and convicted and sent to prison.

"The fact is that disempowered black people have no other means of rectifying injustices done to them".
And what did the riots accomplish?

This guy is a full-blown racist and an idiot. Thank God for the Ignore option.
yeah, I thought about responding, but since there's no rule here about posting racial slurs ... really what's the point? And sadly, he's hardly the only racist fuck who's full of his vile shit. Live with it or find a new board.

"Police should be indicted when they commit crimes". They were, and convicted and sent to prison.

"The fact is that disempowered black people have no other means of rectifying injustices done to them".
And what did the riots accomplish?

Only after massive protests and rioting.

What did the riots accomplish?

1. Punishing the local police for having a culture that believes that police can murder American citizens in broad daylight with impunity.

2. Destroying & stealing property, which in turn causes the property owners to file insurance claims, which forces the wealthy white owned insurance companies to pay those claims, which then prompts the wealthy white insurance company owners to go to the State & local politicians and demand that they tell their fucking police to stop fucking murdering black people.

Normal conservatives would want to reduce the money supply because of inflation, and the dems simply want to spend more deficit dollars while maybe taxing the wealthy a little more .......

But you know, deep down, that McConnell's just gonna cut their taxes again, and increase spending, don't ya?

Only after massive protests and rioting.

What did the riots accomplish?

1. Punishing the local police for having a culture that believes that police can murder American citizens in broad daylight with impunity.

2. Destroying & stealing property, which in turn causes the property owners to file insurance claims, which forces the wealthy white owned insurance companies to pay those claims, which then prompts the wealthy white insurance company owners to go to the State & local politicians and demand that they tell their fucking police to stop fucking murdering black people.

Punishing the local police for having a culture that believes that police can murder American citizens in broad daylight with impunity.

How's that working out for the local communities where the police have pulled back?

Destroying & stealing property, which in turn causes the property owners to file insurance claims, which forces the wealthy white owned insurance companies to pay those claims, which then prompts the wealthy white insurance company owners to go to the State & local politicians and demand that they tell their fucking police to stop fucking murdering black people.

Or the company owners rebuild elsewhere and you can whine about food deserts and no jobs
in the poor black communities.

War on Poverty? A war that cant be won? Give me a break. Biggest fucking waste of tax dollars in my lifetime. Want to stop the debt from going higher, stop paying lazy progressive assholes to stay home, make them get a job, either they work, thus putting tax revenues into bringing the debt down, or they try stealing from an armed individual thus they are shot on sight, thus removing their worthless ass from society. Win win for US.

The estimated aggregate cost of the War on Poverty is nearly $28 trillion, which is three and a half times higher than the $8 trillion total price tag of every major war since the American Revolution.

It’s Time to Admit the Feds Are Making Poverty Worse—Not Better…

GoSm.svg
WebrootSmall.svg

www.independent.org/news/article.asp?id=11707

Nothing to complain about?

Getting murdered by police for minor infractions is nothing to complain about?

Seriously?
Oh so we are back to blacks seldom being shot by police again? How about blacks murdering blacks in the 1000s every year? When is that shit going to stop? Never, because savages will be savages.

Last edited:
Normal conservatives would want to reduce the money supply because of inflation, and the dems simply want to spend more deficit dollars while maybe taxing the wealthy a little more .......

But you know, deep down, that McConnell's just gonna cut their taxes again, and increase spending, don't ya?
quote-i-have-never-understood-why-it-is-greed-to-want-to-keep-the-money-you-have-earned-but-th...jpg

Forum List

Back