REPORT: More Than Half of Immigrants on Welfare.

Norman

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2010
More than half of the nation’s immigrants receive some kind of government welfare, a figure that’s far higher than the native-born population, according to a report to be released Wednesday.

About 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for lower levels of immigration.

Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.

Report: More than half of immigrants on welfare

Only 50%? The democrats are not happy, free health care for illegals!

More than half of the nation’s immigrants receive some kind of government welfare, a figure that’s far higher than the native-born population, according to a report to be released Wednesday.

About 51% of immigrant-led households receive at least one kind of welfare benefit, including Medicaid, food stamps, school lunches and housing assistance, compared to 30% for native-led households, according to the report from the Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for lower levels of immigration.

Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.

Every public school child in my city gets free lunch so I am not sure your national statistic really applies in my neck of the woods :desk:

Every public school child in my city gets free lunch so I am not sure your national statistic really applies in my neck of the woods :desk:

Is your city Los Angeles? They have good catering for illegals there indeed.

From your source;

Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.”

Are you stating that under the blob, 52% of the native born population is on welfare?

From your source;

Those numbers increase for households with children, with 76% of immigrant-led households receiving welfare, compared to 52% for the native-born.”

Are you stating that under the blob, 52% of the native born population is on welfare?

Well you and the above poster sure are so... seems about correct?

However, families with children pay taxes for the illegals and themselves. So there is a difference.

No. There was some option for a city with more than a certain percentage of students eligible for free lunch to just put all students across all schools into the program so my city did it, so now there are children of doctors and lawyers and stuff getting free lunch too. Apparently it was so teachers didn't have to gather up lunch money every monday morning

But, but, but, they bring ‘diversity’ and they contribute to making our nation better.

From your source;

The report is stating that immigrants are usually bottom-feeders, which we already knew.

From your source;

The report is stating that immigrants are usually bottom-feeders, which we already knew.

Apparently half of Americans with kids are as well is according to the report

I am all about legal immigration. I think it should be easier to be a citizen but we shouldnt allow bottom feeders.
Why pull more dead weight. How much do you idiots think we can pull before the tow rope breaks?

Do they have good tortillas ?

From your source;

Exactly, we already have enough of our own bottom-feeders, such as blacks and Latinos that are on welfare. We don’t need to import more.

From your source;

Exactly, we already have enough of our own bottom-feeders, such as blacks and Latinos that are on welfare. We don’t need to import more.

Oh brother

From your source;

Oh brother

Thanks for admitting you can’t counter that argument. We shouldn’t be importing third world trash that will go straight on welfare when we have millions of our own poor to take care of.

I am all about legal immigration. I think it should be easier to be a citizen but we shouldnt allow bottom feeders.
Why pull more dead weight. How much do you idiots think we can pull before the tow rope breaks?
They said that in the 1920's -- get some new material....

They said that in the 1920's -- get some new material....

Really?
Welfare didnt start until 1935.

We spend billions on illegals in this country. We educate their kids who don't speak English.

We tax payers would be much better off if we kicked all illegals out of OUR country.

I'm all about ending immigration for the next 30 years minimum. Farr too high of a percentage of our population wasn't even born here. We are sowing the seeds of our own destruction as our politicians pander to these foreign born creatures who have no real love of the country

Last edited:

Forum List

Back