Report: Louie Gohmert Eyeing Presidential Run

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
2013-06-26-gn-gohmert_louie-4.jpg

Conservative firebrand Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) told The Hill that he might run for president in 2016.

Gohmert indicated he might launch an exploratory committee for president when originally asked if he would support Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-Texas) White House bid.

"Ted is a good friend and would be an outstanding President; however, I haven't ruled out an exploratory committee myself," Gohmert said in a statement to The Hill.

Gohmert launched long-shot bids for Speaker in January and for chairman of the Republican Study Committee, a group of House conservatives.

But the Texas Republican accrued just three votes during the Speaker election — from himself as well as Reps. Jim Bridenstine (R-Okla.) and Randy Weber (R-Texas).

Gohmert is a frequent guest on Fox News and is known around the Capitol for his lengthy, extemporaneous speeches to a usually empty House chamber on weekly basis. He logged themost speaking time on the House floor last year out of any other lawmaker: a whopping 29 hours.

Gohmert's 29 hours of floor time last year far outstripped the runner-up, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), who spoke just 10 hours.

The topics of Gohmert's floor speeches vary, though they frequently touch upon Middle East foreign policy, President Obama's Justice Department, and illegal immigration. He occasionally employsunusual visuals, such as posters depicting crucifixions while discussing persecutions of Christians.

More: Rep. Gohmert weighing presidential bid - TheHill

What could be more delicious than that?

OH, Puhleeeeeeeeeeeze Louie, run!!!!!! This is getting better every single day!!!! Louie on a stage debating Jeb Bush and Rand Paul. MUST SEE TV!!!!

Conservative firebrand Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) told The Hill that he might run for president in 2016.

Gohmert indicated he might launch an exploratory committee for president when originally asked if he would support Sen. Ted Cruz's (R-Texas) White House bid.

"Ted is a good friend and would be an outstanding President; however, I haven't ruled out an exploratory committee myself," Gohmert said in a statement to The Hill.

Gohmert launched long-shot bids for Speaker in January and for chairman of the Republican Study Committee, a group of House conservatives.

But the Texas Republican accrued just three votes during the Speaker election — from himself as well as Reps. Jim Bridenstine (R-Okla.) and Randy Weber (R-Texas).

Gohmert is a frequent guest on Fox News and is known around the Capitol for his lengthy, extemporaneous speeches to a usually empty House chamber on weekly basis. He logged themost speaking time on the House floor last year out of any other lawmaker: a whopping 29 hours.

Gohmert's 29 hours of floor time last year far outstripped the runner-up, Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa), who spoke just 10 hours.

The topics of Gohmert's floor speeches vary, though they frequently touch upon Middle East foreign policy, President Obama's Justice Department, and illegal immigration. He occasionally employsunusual visuals, such as posters depicting crucifixions while discussing persecutions of Christians.

Plenty of room in the KKKlown Kar Louie, climb in!!!

Hey I don't like Republicans but you fukers are so full of hate you would support all of Bush's policies as long as it's a Democrat doing them....

like in the case of Obama.

So keep the focus on the Republicans rather than on the fact that Dems currently have a clown care so bad that the media even ignores them.

I can see it now. As the wannabe conservative Republican nominee field gets more crowded, they're going to try to 'outcrazy' one another for the lunatic fringe primary voters. That means we're in for a REAL treat when it comes to sound bytes.

I can see it now. As the wannabe conservative Republican nominee field gets more crowded, they're going to try to 'outcrazy' one another for the lunatic fringe primary voters. That means we're in for a REAL treat when it comes to sound bytes.
Are you kidding me. The material that will come out of this fiasco will keep comedians in business for decades. It's just a shame that they cut back on the amount of "debates" this time around, because they don't want to go completely overboard on the nuttery like last time.

From the OP link:

Before his election to the House in 2004, Gohmert, 61, served as a Texas district court judge and as the chief justice on the Texas court of appeals.

Holy shit, can you imagine that?! Judge Gomer...

Another bat shit crazy goober in the clown car :badgrin:

Are you kidding me. The material that will come out of this fiasco will keep comedians in business for decades. It's just a shame that they cut back on the amount of "debates" this time around, because they don't want to go completely overboard on the nuttery like last time.

Can you imagine a whole field of candidates raging against vaccinations like Michele Bachmann did?

LOL! I didn't think the crazy could get better! It just did!

Forum List

Back