Report: DOJ prepares charges against wikileaks assange

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Report: DOJ Prepares Charges Against WikiLeaks, Assange

The U.S. Department of Justice may be planning to bring criminal charges against anti-secrecy organization WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange, according to numerous reports.

Charges could include theft of government property, conspiracy or violations of the Espionage Act
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well hopefully they can't charge him with anything. They just need a body to blame their own screw ups on and Clinton is it.

Interesting. They're going to have a mess and a fight on their hands if they try to address the applicability of the constitution to non-US citizens.

Seems like Assange's paranoia might be justified... I hate it when he's right sometimes :/

The idiot-in-chief isn't going to be happy with Sessions if he finds out about this. He loves Wikileaks.

• Banned

The U.S. Department of Justice may be planning to bring criminal charges against anti-secrecy organization WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange, according to numerous reports.

Charges could include theft of government property, conspiracy or violations of the Espionage Act

Well hopefully they can't charge him with anything. They just need a body to blame their own screw ups on and Clinton is it.

The US Charging Julian Assange Could Put Press Freedom on Trial

JULIAN ASSANGE HAS made himself a difficult figure to love. The organization he created, WikiLeaks, has spilled secrets that infuriate the right and, more recently, the left side of the political aisle. He burns all bridges, alienates friends, and sees enemies everywhere. Mounting evidence suggests he even allowed his organization to serve as a leak-laundering service for Kremlin hackers seeking to swing a US election.

Charging Assange Could Have a Lasting Impact on Press Freedom

The US Charging Julian Assange Could Put Press Freedom on Trial

JULIAN ASSANGE HAS made himself a difficult figure to love. The organization he created, WikiLeaks, has spilled secrets that infuriate the right and, more recently, the left side of the political aisle. He burns all bridges, alienates friends, and sees enemies everywhere. Mounting evidence suggests he even allowed his organization to serve as a leak-laundering service for Kremlin hackers seeking to swing a US election.

Charging Assange Could Have a Lasting Impact on Press Freedom
I like Sessions, I think he does what he does because he believes it is the right thing to do. But this is dumb.

Well it does have a lot of benefits for the right spectrum. /IF/ it goes their way then it'll slaughter claims made by illegals that the Constitution applies to them at all, it'll nail Dreamers to the wall, it'll trash foreign news media/whistle blowers/foreign politicians expressing opinions/hell even trolls.

I agree it's a mistake. I don't need a government nanny monitoring what "foreign" information I'm allowed to hear. If Trump supports this then I'll have another bit I disagree with, not that I didn't expect to have some, but this ones rather major for me. I have a /lot/ of friends from other nations, my interactions with them should not be interfered with simply because they're say foreign hackers, or foreign reporters, or foreign military, etc. That is not /free speech/ in my opinion.

Forum List

Back