Reparations for blacks?

Slavery ended over 150 years ago and no living person now was ever a slave and most don't remember segregation.

So who deserves these reparations or could document exactly who they descended from and/or are deserving of reparations?

--the very VERY few who can trace their ancestry to an actual slave?
--those who descended from black people who went into the African jungles and bush to capture people to sell to the British or other slave traders?
--those free black people who owned slaves themselves?
--those who descended from black people who were never slaves?

And what of those non-black people who risked and/or gave all of their fortunes and/or lives to free the slaves and grant black people equality in American society? Why wouldn't their progeny be harmed if descendants of slaves were somehow harmed? Do black people owe them reparations?

Very few black people living today remember living under segregation or were harmed in any way by that. Zero black people living today were harmed by slavery.

And I now am going to say something even more politically incorrect:

Walter Williams PhD, professor and head of the economics department at George Mason University (RIP) once wrote that as horrible and unjustifiable as slavery was, he likely personally benefitted because his ancestors were dragged to America as slaves. Instead of being born somewhere on gold coast of Africa where he thinks his ancestors came from, and most likely growing up with little education or prosperity, he was born in America where even a poor black kid from the segregated inner city ghetto could go to Columbia or Harvard (Thomas Sowell), get a great education, have a great career, enjoy prosperity.

In other words he cannot see where the USA owes him any kind of reparations whatsoever.

Reparations based on race or other genetic factors is morally wrong and socially divisive. However, compensation for people who were actually affected by unconstitutional government actions (e.g., Japanese-Americans placed in internment camps) is morally correct and socially healing because it does not try to place a burden of guilt on some other group.

That being said, I support compensation for surviving victims of government-enforced segregation and other violations of their civil rights under color of law. Based on historical precedent, the amount of compensation should be the same as the $20,000 paid to interned Japanese-Americans, adjusted for inflation.

Last edited:
Bend over and grab your ankles America!

Sacramento mayor to reparations task force: 'I wholeheartedly support reparations and I think everyone should'​

California's reparations task force held its second in-person meeting on Saturday, where members of the public were allowed to give comments as the state legislature considers whether to implement a reparations program for descendants of Black slaves, and what that program would look like.

Hundreds of passionate people spoke in the two meetings on Friday and Saturday, voicing their support for cash payments to Black Americans, or grants of land or other compensation. Some called for a renewed Freedmen's Bureau — referring to the Reconstruction-era federal agency Congress tasked with providing food, medical aid, clothing and other needs to newly freed slaves and helping

If blacks will promise to move back to the African shithole of their choice and never, ever return to the U.S., I'll gladly pay a couple of turds as reparations.

That's much more than they're worth.

LESS than .5% of blacks in this country are from black families descended from slave families. ALL OTHER BLACKS ARE FROM EUROPE OR S. AMERICA! Less than 1% of the .5% of ACTUAL blacks descended from slave families in the USA are from literal slaves. This ends up being abound 210,000 people, total.

Reparations to those PROVEN to have been descended from ACTUAL slaves were granted back in the 1970's!!!! They do not need MORE!!!
They've been granted pretty much nothing but immunity in this country from everything, and handed over pretty much everything they have wanted since the 70's for FREE.

AND........EXACTLY WHAT "harms" have these people living now, been subject to? They get higher wages than whites, they get free government money whites aren't allowed to get, they get unfettered welfare and food stamps, and they get FREE schooling!

EXACTLY WHAT HARDSHIPS have they had to deal with because of their ANCESTORS possibly being slaves??????
Please tell us what you base this bullshit you have come up with on. Let's talk Jim Crow segregation, racism and discrimination. How many black folks do you think are still alive who have had to deal with that?

If blacks will promise to move back to the African shithole of their choice and never, ever return to the U.S., I'll gladly pay a couple of turds as reparations.

That's much more than they're worth.
I can go with that, as long as, you agree to move your racist ass to Siberia and never return to the US. Hell I will pay for your move out of my own pocket.

Slavery ended over 150 years ago and no living person now was ever a slave and most don't remember segregation.

So who deserves these reparations or could document exactly who they descended from and/or are deserving of reparations?

--the very VERY few who can trace their ancestry to an actual slave?
--those who descended from black people who went into the African jungles and bush to capture people to sell to the British or other slave traders?
--those free black people who owned slaves themselves?
--those who descended from black people who were never slaves?

And what of those non-black people who risked and/or gave all of their fortunes and/or lives to free the slaves and grant black people equality in American society? Why wouldn't their progeny be harmed if descendants of slaves were somehow harmed? Do black people owe them reparations?

Very few black people living today remember living under segregation or were harmed in any way by that. Zero black people living today were harmed by slavery.

And I now am going to say something even more politically incorrect:

Walter Williams PhD, professor and head of the economics department at George Mason University (RIP) once wrote that as horrible and unjustifiable as slavery was, he likely personally benefitted because his ancestors were dragged to America as slaves. Instead of being born somewhere on gold coast of Africa where he thinks his ancestors came from, and most likely growing up with little education or prosperity, he was born in America where even a poor black kid from the segregated inner city ghetto could go to Columbia or Harvard (Thomas Sowell), get a great education, have a great career, enjoy prosperity.

In other words he cannot see where the USA owes him any kind of reparations whatsoever.

The professor is correct. The descendants of slaves brought to America make, on average $1.7 million more in lifetime earnings than their counterparts that were not removed from Africa.

The professor is correct. The descendants of slaves brought to America make, on average $1.7 million more in lifetime earnings than their counterparts that were not removed from Africa.
If I were black, I’d be beyond grateful that I was born in America instead of Africa the same way I am beyond grateful that my parents were born in America rather than Europe.

If I were black, I’d be beyond grateful that I was born in America instead of Africa the same way I am beyond grateful that my parents were born in America rather than Europe.
You cuck white telling black people they should be grateful rather than listening to our concerns is really going to work out for you in long run.... 😄

You cuck white telling black people they should be grateful rather than listening to our concerns is really going to work out for you in long run.... 😄

And you cucks to the liberal left don’t want to listen to the fact that if your ancestors were not enslaved in the new world, you would be now making 1.7 million less in lifetime earning than if they had not.

And you cucks to the liberal left don’t want to listen to the fact that if your ancestors were not enslaved in the new world, you would be now making 1.7 million less in lifetime earning than if they had not.
And THAT is their reparations! The suffering their ancestors endured has yielded today’s blacks $1.7 million each, to say nothing of the 40 years of favoritism at the college and grad school admissions offices.

All debts are paid.

Forum List

Back