Rep. Meuser to Newsmax: Questions Abound on Abandoned Black Hawks

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
If 158 helicopters among other items were indeed left behind for the Taliban, this story has become even worse.

Rep. Dan Meuser, decrying President Joe Biden's actions concerning Afghanistan, said on Newsmax Thursday there are many questions the administration must face, including the decision to leave behind expensive U.S.-made weaponry including Black Hawk helicopters.

The Pennsylvania Republican said on Newsmax's "Wake Up America" that it's his "understanding" that 158 of the million-dollar aircraft was left behind for the Taliban to seize.

"That is a billion dollars worth of Black Hawk helicopters left behind," said Meuser. "Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi refers to this as leaving some stuff behind. These people are thinking in an inverse manner (compared) to how my constituents certainly feel about this issue, and I believe, most rational members of Congress."

The actual amount of equipment seized by the Taliban, or even whether any Black Hawks or the other aircraft is still operable, is not yet being reported by the federal government, reports Defense One.

If 158 helicopters among other items were indeed left behind for the Taliban, this story has become even worse.

Rep. Dan Meuser, decrying President Joe Biden's actions concerning Afghanistan, said on Newsmax Thursday there are many questions the administration must face, including the decision to leave behind expensive U.S.-made weaponry including Black Hawk helicopters.

The Pennsylvania Republican said on Newsmax's "Wake Up America" that it's his "understanding" that 158 of the million-dollar aircraft was left behind for the Taliban to seize.

"That is a billion dollars worth of Black Hawk helicopters left behind," said Meuser. "Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi refers to this as leaving some stuff behind. These people are thinking in an inverse manner (compared) to how my constituents certainly feel about this issue, and I believe, most rational members of Congress."

The actual amount of equipment seized by the Taliban, or even whether any Black Hawks or the other aircraft is still operable, is not yet being reported by the federal government, reports Defense One.
Lol even if the black hawk is currently operable they won't be for long. The hour of use to hour of maintenance ratio on those things is horrible.

There were plenty of choppers left in Vietnam, some of them were used to escape Vietnam. Pilots loaded up themselves and their families and flew to American Navy carriers. There were so many Hueys landing on the carriers, that they were pushed overboard.

And it was a real madhouse in Vietnam.

The only way this press briefing with Milly, Austin and Kirby could get any worse is if Biden himself showed up. I can see why this withdraw operation is such a clusterfuck with dipshits like this involved. Call me naive but I really didn't think we had people this stupid in our military other than that asshole, Vindman.

The only way this press briefing with Milly, Austin and Kirby could get any worse is if Biden himself showed up. I can see why this withdraw operation is such a clusterfuck with dipshits like this involved. Call me naive but I really didn't think we had people this stupid in our military other than that asshole, Vindman.
Well then if thought there weren’t really stupid senior officers….surprise! Some of them are are virtual politicians, and just as stupid Biden

How many of those belong to the ASF?

Obama just gave the Taliban their very own air force...

The Taliban won’t have a chopper fleet for long, they are hard to maintain, and they are worked on continuously to keep them flying.
I read an article saying that was one of the reasons why the AFG’s gave up. Biden took the contractors that helped them with maintenance away and they didn’t know how to fix anything and didn’t have time or the capacity to learn via zoom calls.

I read an article saying that was one of the reasons why the AFG’s gave up. Biden took the contractors that helped them with maintenance away and they didn’t know how to fix anything and didn’t have time or the capacity to learn via zoom calls.
Keeping choppers flying requires skilled mechanics and a dedicated supply chain. And I am sure that the Taliban will fly them until the fall out of the sky. They will have their fun with their toys, until the stop working.

So now we should have left Americans there?
You dopes need to get your story straight.

Forum List

Back