Rep. Alcee Hastings dies, narrowing Democratic House majority to just 7 (six vacancies)

Comment:
Seven seat majority in the House with six vacancies.
And a 50-50 Senate.
Democrats hold power by a mere thread.
No wonder madam Pelosi tried to steal the Iowa Congressional seat..

Well, the Republicans are the masters of stealing seats, Redmap is proof of that.

The whole system is ridiculous, Proportional Representation would allow people to choose who they want in Congress, rather than being told who to vote for.

Comment:
And a 50-50 Senate.

They hold both Houses of Congress and the Presidency. They will pass legislation with impunity. They will use Constitutional authority to strengthen voter rights with the passage of HR 1, taking power away from Republican state legislatures to suppress voting rights, and dilute Citizens United making dark money illegal, which only hurts Republicans. Biden will have a major impact on the federal courts with his appointees, expanding many of the district and appeals courts. DC and Purrto Rico may become states soon adding a solid 4 more Democratic Senators, and as many as 4 Representatives, and if that happens, the Supreme Court could be expanded as well.

There is only one future for Republicans, and that would be a bleak one. If you think things are bad now, wait just a few more years.

Comment:
And a 50-50 Senate.

They hold both Houses of Congress and the Presidency. They will pass legislation with impunity. They will use Constitutional authority to strengthen voter rights with the passage of HR 1, taking power away from Republican state legislatures to suppress voting rights, and dilute Citizens United making dark money illegal, which only hurts Republicans. Biden will have a major impact on the federal courts with his appointees, expanding many of the district and appeals courts. DC and Purrto Rico may become states soon adding a solid 4 more Democratic Senators, and as many as 4 Representatives, and if that happens, the Supreme Court could be expanded as well.

There is only one future for Republicans, and that would be a bleak one. If you think things are bad now, wait just a few more years.

I heard that in 2008.

In 2010 Barack lost the house - Big Time.

Things are great now.

We hold a majority of state houses, state senates, state legislatures.

You can keep dreaming and we'll have the federal house here pretty quickly.

The Honorable Alcee Hastings was a POWERHOUSE and a FORCE to be reckoned with. That's why white supremacists inside and outside of congress hated him. He didn't take their crap, and they conspired against him to attempt to smear his great name.

Unfortunately he has now gone to meet his Maker, and until such time he will rest in peace. The Lord will say "well done my good and faithful servant. Well done."

He will be greatly missed.

Comment:
And a 50-50 Senate.
Hastings was so corrupt he almost made Biden look honest. No Loss

Also, a person dies and you fucking orgasm here on the message boards because a party loses a seat, ignoring the entire death itself. So..you sound like a real winner.

Imagine what we’d do if a whole bus load ofDemocrats were to become unable to do their job .

Uh, they control the entire Executive branch. You know, the Presidency...the branch that everyone says is way too powerful.

So okay, a mere thread. Sure.

Things can change especially when there's a 50/50 Senate and 50/50 Congress.. Things will be hard to get done....
No they're not. An executive order takes a stroke of a pen and is extremely powerful.
Spoken like a true commie.
The Presidency has been around since George Washington in the 1700's and is not Communism.

False! George Washing was NOT the first President, it was John Hanson

:cool:

Oops. I just erased what I thought was on another thread. My apologies.wrong thread.

But while I am here, I would like to say rest in peace Alcee Hastings. Prayers up that God will comfort, for all those who loved you.

Last edited:
Oops. I just erased what I thought was on another thread. My apologies.wrong thread.

But while I am here, I would like to say rest in peace Alcee Hastings. Prayers up that God will comfort, for all those who loved you.

Did Alcee Hastings die?

1637385028841.png

Forum List

Back