Renewed Support For Muslim Registry Called 'Abhorrent'

Fun...shall we feel the same way about all Baptists because of the Westboro Baptist Church?
How many people have been killed in the US, or anyone else for that matter in the name of the Westboro Baptist Church, or even by Baptists?

How many by Islam?

It's a rhetorical question if you don't feel compelled to answer it.

Fun...shall we feel the same way about all Baptists because of the Westboro Baptist Church?
How many people have been killed in the US, or anyone else for that matter in the name of the Westboro Baptist Church, or even by Baptists?

How many by Islam?

It's a rhetorical question if you don't feel compelled to answer it.

I like Baptists-------they sing and clap and get all excited in
church------the sermons are ARTISTIC

If it's "legal" to register gun owners then it follows that it's also "legal" to register other groups. You can't have it both ways, rats.

But there is no national gun registry.

guns don't commit murder. ------HOWEVER ---I would support a national gun registry------but such a registry flies in the face of "AMERICAN CULTURE"-

A gun registry is a stupid idea...it doesn't stop crime, doesn't help solve crime, and as we have seen from other countries, Britain, Australia and Germany....it leads to eventual bans and confiscation....

If it's "legal" to register gun owners then it follows that it's also "legal" to register other groups. You can't have it both ways, rats.

guns don't commit murder. ------HOWEVER ---I would support a national gun registry------but such a registry flies in the face of "AMERICAN CULTURE"-

A gun registry is a stupid idea...it doesn't stop crime, doesn't help solve crime, and as we have seen from other countries, Britain, Australia and Germany....it leads to eventual bans and confiscation....
How about a Muslim gun registry?

I never said there was one nor is there one based for specific religious affiliations. However, rats have clamored for decades desiring a national gun registry (makes confiscation easier) and oppose one for Muslims (makes deportation easier). To argue for one and against the other on constitutional grounds is hypocritical.

I never said there was one nor is there one based for specific religious affiliations. However, rats have clamored for decades desiring a national gun registry (makes confiscation easier) and oppose one for Muslims (makes deportation easier). To argue for one and against the other on constitutional grounds is hypocritical.

I would argue there are differences - guns are a tool, an object. People of faith are not - they're people. You might have a point but I'd have to hear it in more detail.

Creating a registry of people based on their personal characteristics - religion, ethnicity, race - is abhorrent to me on a gut level, based on history. WW2, the McCarthy era (that saw many innocent people put on lists).

With guns - I see no more difference between that and registering automobiles (which, when you come right down to it can also be used as a weapon).

When it comes registries of immigrants from only certain countries - or, as some would want - only Muslims - it's not even very effective since people can enter from other countries and anyone can claim anything about their religion. If you go that route, then track all immigrants, though I disagree with that as well - it verges on police state.

When it comes to guns, I would oppose a total registry. It would be inneffective and cumbersome in a country with the amount of guns we have floating around and the number of legal gun owners and an unreasonable intrusion on a fundamental right. But a national registry for only certain types of weapons might be reasonable.

Forum List

Back