Renewables decreasing the price of electricity

Dont be so pessimistic

we plenty of energy in America

But the cost savings of wind a solar are somewhat illusionary since they depend on federal subsidies just as they have in Australia
No, they do not. And the fossil fuel corporations get far more subsidies than does the renewables.
lcoe-2.png
I think the potential for solar is unlimited

but liberals are impatient and pushing faster than current technology warrants
Seattle folks love solar power!
On someone else house in a far off desert.
Seattle folks being liberals love solar power even on their house as long as the federal government pays for it
I can't imagine solar is ever gonna be the solution in Seattle. Every single time I've been there it's been raining.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Seattle folks being liberals love solar power even on their house as long as the federal government pays for it

I can't imagine solar is ever gonna be the solution in Seattle. Every single time I've been there it's been raining.

Sun? ... what's that? ... why do you think there's sunshine in Seattle? ... it rains everyday all day long ... great for hydro, shit for solar ...

In Australia, they are decreasing the price of electricity due to the renewables they are installing. '

Electricity prices are set to FALL across Australia - saving consumers up to $278 a year | Daily Mail Online
That will almost certainly never happen here.

Even if we actually get to that point the companies will never drop the price.
Dont be so pessimistic

But the cost savings of wind a solar are somewhat illusionary since they depend on federal subsidies just as they have in Australia
No, they do not. And the fossil fuel corporations get far more subsidies than does the renewables.
lcoe-2.png

Good point. That is why we have a grid. However, a friend has solar in Tacoma, east side of his house, and has not had an electric bill in over a year. Even gets money back from the utility. Kind of blows your nonsense right out the window.

That will almost certainly never happen here.

Even if we actually get to that point the companies will never drop the price.
Dont be so pessimistic

lcoe-2.png

Good point. That is why we have a grid. However, a friend has solar in Tacoma, east side of his house, and has not had an electric bill in over a year. Even gets money back from the utility. Kind of blows your nonsense right out the window.
I had solar in San Diego, saved me money. No more $400 checks to SDGE but $175 a month lease.

Now my all electric home in Virginia is 3X larger and I average just $200 a month with no solar.

It’s the Leftardism of the Left Coast that drives energy costs up just so they can screw everyone.

I had solar in San Diego, saved me money. No more $400 checks to SDGE but $175 a month lease.

Now my all electric home in Virginia is 3X larger and I average just $200 a month with no solar.

It’s the Leftardism of the Left Coast that drives energy costs up just so they can screw everyone.

That's SDGE specific ... and yeah, they're nasty and that's well known all over the West ... last I heard, SDGE won't buy the extra kw-hrs put back to the grid from any solar panels ... most other places will ...

I'm looking at my mid-winter electric bill ... $27 for cartage (maintenance, admin, etc) and only $17 for the electricity (@ 6.282¢/kw-hr) ... for a 2200 sq ft home with nasty leaky windows and doors ... not really worth fixing the leaks, they won't pay for themselves with rates so cheap here ...

No worries about carbon pollution either ... this juice is hydro and wind ... God, I love BPA ...

Forum List

Back