Renewables are the future

I don't really have a problem with renewable energy having a higher cost to output currently. As I've said, you learn lessons in practical applications you don't find in theory that are invaluable.

Just be honest about it. Yes it's increasing in the percentage of overall production.....no it's not profitable yet, and won't be for the near future. But it will one day if progress continues on course.

And after 2000 years of Wind Turbine design, how much does that cost, you are proposing spending 30 trillion dollars, increasing the use of coal and oil, but that is not a problem cause you believe.

You will sopport the government dictating what I buy, and that is fine?

The government will take more of my private property and that is cool?

It's gonna happen, because the industry demands change..

Oh yeah, the electric utility industry just LOVES change. Our 100+ year old substations, 60+ year old poles, 40+ year old cables and 50+ year old duct networks show a grand interest in change.

Currently a Commercial level DG site interconnexmction costs a renewable site about $1.2 million, UP FRONT. Residential connections can cost up to $20K. Not terribly affordable.
When you have a govt. subsidized monopoly it's easier than you think...

You union guys have a hard time tying your shoes..

Yeah. I'm SURE the non-union linemen just LOVE the potential to get electrocuted because of improperly installed DG generation sites. Though it's actually our management staff that hates it the most..... it really screws up their ability to rape customers.

I don't really have a problem with renewable energy having a higher cost to output currently. As I've said, you learn lessons in practical applications you don't find in theory that are invaluable.

Just be honest about it. Yes it's increasing in the percentage of overall production.....no it's not profitable yet, and won't be for the near future. But it will one day if progress continues on course.

And after 2000 years of Wind Turbine design, how much does that cost, you are proposing spending 30 trillion dollars, increasing the use of coal and oil, but that is not a problem cause you believe.

I'm not proposing spending 30 trillion dollars. No idea where you pulled that number out of. I don't support the government dictating what you buy, again, you've pulled this out of your ass, and haven't obviously been paying the least bit of attention as to what I do say.

Where did I say government should take any private property...ever?

I've said progress is being made. I think one day it can be an actually profitable source, but it will need some things it doesn't have now. I pointed out a few possibilities in the other thread, if you'll open your mind and look at possibilities, instead of having it closed because you're so automatically primed to rail against it. Trust me I think a lot of the morons associated with the "climate change, renewable energy NOW" thinking have predicated you to do so.

I am not those men.

When you have a govt. subsidized monopoly it's easier than you think...

As someone who WORKS for an electric utility company (a large one), we have no use for this renewable stuff. It's a royal pain in the ass for us.
When you take a section OFF LINE those pains in the ass continue to feed the lines from the houses.. got to go door to door to remove the voltage by pulling the meters.. Yep,, IT SUCKS! and the Fire Departments dont like it either..

I'm not proposing spending 30 trillion dollars. No idea where you pulled that number out of. I don't support the government dictating what you buy, again, you've pulled this out of your ass, and haven't obviously been paying the least bit of attention as to what I do say.

I've said progress is being made. I think one day it can be an actually profitable source, but it will need some things it doesn't have now. I pointed out a few possibilities in the other thread, if you'll open your mind and look at possibilities, instead of having it closed because you're so automatically primed to rail against it. Trust me I think a lot of the morons associated with the "climate change, renewable energy NOW" thinking have predicated you to do so.

I am not those men.

You said you support more wind power despite the costs.

Right now it is the Government dictating and mandating Wind Turbines. You can not seperate your support from the Government forcing me to buy mire expensive Wind Power.

My money is my private property, you stated you gave no problem with the expense.

You are advocating for Wind Power and have not thought your beliefs through or researched what you advocate.

The 30 trillion is a low ball figure, it is actually upwards of 56 trillion, according to the Green Energy industry.

This stuff is in these threads and is undisputed.

Just because you are ignorant of what you propose does not mean we have not debated and posted and created many threads on these facts.

Your idea is 1000's of years old, your mind us the closed, not ours.

I can dig up so nice old threads if you cant or wont find them yourself.

Baffles me some people still don't accept this.
Right now we rely 90% on oil and coal and 10% on green energy. We need to flip that.

Years ago dumb me wondered why we weren't harnassing the energy of currents. Now I hear we are.

If oil and coal dried up tomorrow the oil companies would figure out renewable energy if they haven't already.
10% green energy? Try less than 1%.

You can only increase green energy by increasing the use of coal, you csn never close that gap. They are proportionare.

Right now we rely 90% on oil and coal and 10% on green energy. We need to flip that.

Years ago dumb me wondered why we weren't harnassing the energy of currents. Now I hear we are.

If oil and coal dried up tomorrow the oil companies would figure out renewable energy if they haven't already.

You can only increase green energy by increasing the use of coal, you csn never close that gap. They are proportionare.
That would be depressing.

Windmills convert to electricity without needing fossil fuels. So do solar panels

What happens when we run out of coal and oil?

Does nuclear require coal?

We die? We cant build more Wind Turbines.

Nuclear Power plant construction requires coal.

But Wind Powet requires millions of new Wind Turbines, endless production, a huge increase in the use of coal.

I am not those men.

You said you support more wind power despite the costs.

Right now it is the Government dictating and mandating Wind Turbines. You can not seperate your support from the Government forcing me to buy mire expensive Wind Power.

My money is my private property, you stated you gave no problem with the expense.

You are advocating for Wind Power and have not thought your beliefs through or researched what you advocate.

The 30 trillion is a low ball figure, it is actually upwards of 56 trillion, according to the Green Energy industry.

This stuff is in these threads and is undisputed.

Just because you are ignorant of what you propose does not mean we have not debated and posted and created many threads on these facts.

Your idea is 1000's of years old, your mind us the closed, not ours.

I can dig up so nice old threads if you cant or wont find them yourself.

No, I didn't say I support more wind power despite the costs. No idea where you got that from. I said we've learned some useful lessons in practical applications you don't find in theory. I have not advocated expanding the current use, because it's not cost efficient. This does not mean stopping current use, as again, lessons are being learned you can't learn in a lab. You pointed out where some of the problems with this are. You don't learn these lessons unless you put it into a real world application and study it for some time. That's why you have to change the approach, because you pointed out some things that are serious issues with how it currently works....you'd never have found in a lab.

I have not stated I have no problem with the expense, I have a helluva problem with the expense. Look at what I say, not what you seem to wish I said.

I've stated I think it can be possible at some point in the future. That doesn't mean covering the globe with the damn things 200 feet tall. It means I think I see a way to make it actually cost efficient, based on an emerging material that I see possibilities in. Trust me that's FAR from the only thing I expect it to affect.

Dig up old threads. You won't find me advocating anything you seem to have confused me with someone else who has.

As I said, I am not those men. Think, don't just react. You're not a dumb guy, slow it down, and read.

But Wind Powet requires millions of new Wind Turbines, endless production, a huge increase in the use of coal.

That's what I mean about flipping how much oil and coal we use and how much green energy we use. Sure we need coal and oil to build the Tesla cars but once they are build all those cars aren't using gas.

Sure we need coal and oil to build the solar panels but those things pay for themselves.

You sure?

The thumb of Michigan lake Huron is very windy. Lots of windmills but totally worth it.

That's what I mean about flipping how much oil and coal we use and how much green energy we use. Sure we need coal and oil to build the Tesla cars but once they are build all those cars aren't using gas.

Sure we need coal and oil to build the solar panels but those things pay for themselves.

No they dont! If they did we would not need to spend trillions of dollars on them. It is endless, we must build them forever, and at that tbey can only provide a fraction of our need.

Tesla cars? Where will you find the electricity for these? Who will pay for the 10's of millions of charging stations?

You sure?
I'm a problem solver. Pretty good one through the years, and I see lots of problems with this as it is currently being used/approached.

That's not to say there may not be a way, I think I see one. If you'll stop, take a breath and think. I know you're a decent engineer, how CAN it work? What would it take? Yes you have an energy cost to produce it, so will you need to generate power under lighter wind conditions? Use less energy to produce them, have better storage capability....lots of problems. But...maybe some solutions. Solve one problem, then another, then another....

I'm not blindly following the path the warmers and the greeners are following bleating like sheep, and hurling themselves from the cliffs like lemmings because someone told them to click the link and how to think. I'm looking at the problem and not just throwing money and propaganda at it.

I think there's a way to make it work. Look at the problem, look at the flaws, not based off materials you know. Look at one you might not and see if you think there's possibilities there, based off what it currently does, and what very well might be possible.

Is that a certainty? No of course not. It's just a possibility. Might not work, and I'll be wrong. I've been wrong before, just doesn't happen much.

No they dont! If they did we would not need to spend trillions of dollars on them. It is endless, we must build them forever, and at that tbey can only provide a fraction of our need.

Tesla cars? Where will you find the electricity for these? Who will pay for the 10's of millions of charging stations?

The electricity fairy dust will take care of it.. Just like the battery fairy will make evironeutral batteries to store that fairy wind fairy's magic electricity to build all those new turbines and steel (I wonder where they will get the coal/coke needed to make steel?)

Forum List

Back