Remember When Fox was Fair and Balanced?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
Twenty years ago I enjoyed watching Fox News. Even though the Left called it Faux News. It was in fact Fair and Balanced. I especially liked Hannity and Colmes.

Both hosts would ask questions. They would examine the issue from both sides. I respected that. I once wrote Alan Colmes an email telling him I disagreed with him on an issue, I don’t remember which one. But I respected his presence on the network and appreciated his efforts. It made me question my own beliefs. And inevitably they emerged stronger. Better informed.

Alan Colmes wrote me back. He told me he got a lot of similar messages from Conservatives. He got almost none from Liberals. He said he appreciated the messages.

A lot has happened since then. Hosts of the various shows became well respected. Reporting truthfully. Speaking to America and the World about complex stories and issues.

All of that is gone now. Fox has followed Tucker Carlson down the rabbit hole of insanity. It is all Trump and obviously false propaganda. Fox has finally earned the Faux label from two decades ago.

The last of the honest and trustworthy hosts are gone. And it makes me sad. Because I fondly remember the shows where Hannity and Colmes would discuss the issues and let you draw your own conclusions. That was the selling point of Fox. Fair and Balanced. Now. It is little more than a RW MSNBC.

Heh heh. Complex stories and issues. Please.

Tucker Carlson is about the only one on the idiot box discussing things in a manner that can be deemed deeper than a mud puddle.

Heck, CNN gets more air time on Fox News than they do their own airwaves. If you wanna watch CNN, just turn on Fox News these days. All they seem to want to do is show constant CNN clips of Romper Room level narratives that get thrown out there to see if they'll stick. And they do stick, because the bobble heads on Fox, those low IQ opinion hosts, make darned sure they stick. All they do is re-air clips of low-value CNN pablum and counter the clips with equally insulting low-value Fox News pablum. They're not interested in any kind of critical journalism either. They're not even capable in most cases. It's like reality tv entertainment. It's pathetic.

Last edited:
Chris Wallace is a joke and quite frankly many conservatives stopped watching Fox because of that leftwing shill. He definitely belongs at a place like CNN which no one watches because it’s now just state run propaganda.

Tucker is the only actual journalist left as he asks questions no one else on TV does. He was about the only guy to come out against any action in Syria, and is against any military action in Ukraine now.

Twenty years ago I enjoyed watching Fox News. Even though the Left called it Faux News. It was in fact Fair and Balanced. I especially liked Hannity and Colmes.

Both hosts would ask questions. They would examine the issue from both sides. I respected that. I once wrote Alan Colmes an email telling him I disagreed with him on an issue, I don’t remember which one. But I respected his presence on the network and appreciated his efforts. It made me question my own beliefs. And inevitably they emerged stronger. Better informed.

Alan Colmes wrote me back. He told me he got a lot of similar messages from Conservatives. He got almost none from Liberals. He said he appreciated the messages.

A lot has happened since then. Hosts of the various shows became well respected. Reporting truthfully. Speaking to America and the World about complex stories and issues.

All of that is gone now. Fox has followed Tucker Carlson down the rabbit hole of insanity. It is all Trump and obviously false propaganda. Fox has finally earned the Faux label from two decades ago.

The last of the honest and trustworthy hosts are gone. And it makes me sad. Because I fondly remember the shows where Hannity and Colmes would discuss the issues and let you draw your own conclusions. That was the selling point of Fox. Fair and Balanced. Now. It is little more than a RW MSNBC.
Funny, I don't remember anything in life being fair and balanced, let alone the news.

Your fantasy land is amusing

And I hear Diaper Joe wants to create a tax payer funded news that is your definition of "fair and balanced".

I reckon that so long as the world is run by fair and balanced people like you and Diaper Joe the world will be just fine.

There was a time when CNN, MSNBC, and most msm was worth watching, while fox news was the ones I never took seriously. Now it's the reverse and fox news is the most honest and realistic of the bunch.

It's a funny world we live in now vs when I was younger. Even Florida used to be America's garbage can, a joke, but now Florida is a state other states should aspire to become.

Criminals used to be afraid of the police and Americans all wanted criminals harshly punished and loved police. Now it's the opposite.

A lot of things are backwards now.

Heh heh. Complex stories and issues. Please.

Tucker Carlson is about the only one on the idiot box discussing things in a manner that can be deemed deeper than a mud puddle.

He leans on the sarcasm button a little too hard at times, and tries to make a joke of something a bit too often but aside from that he is very blunt about the reality of things.

Chris Wallace is a joke and quite frankly many conservatives stopped watching Fox because of that leftwing shill. He definitely belongs at a place like CNN which no one watches because it’s now just state run propaganda.

Tucker is the only actual journalist left as he asks questions no one else on TV does. He was about the only guy to come out against any action in Syria, and is against any military action in Ukraine now.
I disagree. Chris Wallace is a white privilege parasite that needs to retire and allow minorities to take the job.

It's just too bad CNN is run by a bunch of racist Nazis

Oh give me a fucking break. That asshole Chris Wallyworld who came from 60 fucking minutes dad MIke Wallywierd, was as far fucking left as you could get. Even Juan Williams is right of Chrissy, who had a hissy fit, when called out on his left leaning slant.

It has become so bad that you people don't even know what real news is anymore.

Real news is nothing more than a recitaion of events, provided to the people without color and without explaination.

Real News does not try to tell you how to think about a set of events. It simply reports it.

Full Stop.

Everything in the Main Stream Media, including FoxNews, is opinion. NOT news. None of them can report that "X" happened today and then just stop. No analysis, no commentary, no opinion. If a man shoots another in the street, that is what is reported.

So and so shot this person.

Nothing more needs to be said about it and you go on to the next item on the list of "news".

Do you understand yet?

The American people do not need to have the news 'explained' to them.

I agree, and this is why: Mr. Wallace uses careless sources. Tucker Carlson has a nose for who is chattering a narrative based neither in truth nor fairness. And his colleague Sean Hannity likewise knows the difference between who is yammering wannabes, not realities with more experience. Mark Levin cuts through the bullcrap and exposes the truth when no one else can. Dan Boingino makes the truth fun as a former highly-respected top cop on the Hill. Judge Jeanine Pirro is also the skeptic of unworthy liars in American justice and a crusader for respectable justice. I pray for all of them to continue promoting rightness to our dear republic devoted to needs of the common man.

SavannahMann The Democratic takeover of all mainstream and internet media has forced the polarization of Fox News. There is a hunger to hear "the other side" and when you literally have one network it is reasonable to assume it will shift further to the right. And mainly it is the evening shows that are Conservative commentary, day time Fox is quite balanced and often has Liberal guests if you ever care to see for yourself.

SavannahMann The Democratic takeover of all mainstream and internet media has forced the polarization of Fox News. There is a hunger to hear "the other side" and when you literally have one network it is reasonable to assume it will shift further to the right. And mainly it is the evening shows that are Conservative commentary, day time Fox is quite balanced and often has Liberal guests if you ever care to see for yourself.

Preposterous.

There is truth. And when you tell lies it isn’t news. It isn’t the other side of the story. It is a lie.

Fox is leading in the ratings. But that isn’t news. They aren’t reporting news.

My dad watched Cronkite when I was a kid. Cronkite retired. It went to Peter Jennings. My dad wanted to watch honest people report the news. Honestly.

Dad was right of center. But today you would call him a flaming liberal.

LOL

1639425697636.png

Yeah, Hannity has never been the same without Alan. And I haven't paid to get Fox in 6-7 years since shortly after they started firing everyone good. I'd still prefer Fox over any other cable news channel, but people post enough of Tucker clips here for me and Fox's slide into the murky waters has only made room for newer and far better new sources, like Real America's Voice and OANN.

New Topics

Forum List

Back