Remember when America was "American"? Did politicians F*Ck this up?

Before you whack-jobs lose your mind....Let me rob the words from your mouth and say, by American I don't mean WHITE.
  1. Remember standing in line somewhere and conversing with likeminded strangers who spoke your same language?
  2. Remember continuously making new friends through these random conversations?
  3. Remember sending your kids to schools full of likeminded kids?
  4. Remember smiling and waving to strangers?
  5. Remember when family values, church and God were important to most Americans?
  6. Remember when foreigners came to America to become truly AMERICAN-ized?

Politicians and Bureaucrats everywhere fight to preserve almost everything but what may matter most in the end. How did they fuck it all up and allow things to become so twisted?

Are you suggesting America has become something of a nation of misanthropes?
  1. Yes. That happens almost weekly. It certainly happens every time I go to the airport, a restaurant or bar where I find myself in the company of strangers.
  2. Acquaintanceships more so than friendships, but yes. That's has been the case throughout my life. It doesn't appear to have stopped happening.
  3. I did exactly that, although the school also had students who held views different from mine and my kids. I think the variety views and backgrounds was a good thing and a thing to welcome not eschew.
  4. Yes. That's what I do when I'm driving/walking through my neighborhood and see someone out front whom I don't know. Mostly I nod or simply say "hi" or "good morning/afternoon," and keep moving. When I'm visible from the street, passers by do the same. (When I'm with a black friend, I observe them nodding whatnot to far more strangers than I ever would. I'm far from anti-social, but I'm not that friendly.)
  5. I don't know that those things have ceased to exist, though I'm not a church-goer.
  6. They still do, at least judging by the foreigners I know well enough to have an opinion about whether they have done or not.
Having now directly answered your questions, please you answer mine.
  • Remember when no man whom one could not rely on the verity of his words (or at least 90% of them) could not get elected as POTUS?
  • Remember when having a demonstrably high intellect (not "genius-level," just markedly brighter all around than the average person) was a requirement to hold the office that to the whole world represented among the best character one could find in America's citizenry?
  • Remember when one's patriotism was more important than one's political party/ideology?

Before you whack-jobs lose your mind....Let me rob the words from your mouth and say, by American I don't mean WHITE.
Remember standing in line somewhere and conversing with likeminded strangers who spoke your same language?
Remember continuously making new friends through these random conversations?
Remember sending your kids to schools full of likeminded kids?
Remember smiling and waving to strangers?
Remember when family values, church and God were important to most Americans?
Remember when foreigners came to America to become truly AMERICAN-ized?

Politicians and Bureaucrats everywhere fight to preserve almost everything but what may matter most in the end. How did they fuck it all up and allow things to become so twisted?

A better question is why do conservatives believe life is static and doesn't change? Fewer people identify as Christians. You don't make friends anymore? You don't wave to strangers and they don't wave to you? I constantly have people that are very courteous on the road and insist that I go first at a stop sign, even when I'm insisting they go first. And we all laugh and wave the thankyou wave. People hold doors for me and I hold doors for others. Be the world you want to create, that is all you can do.

I will say that the advent of doing everything online or on a phone (text) rather than in person I believe is eroding the sociality of people. I'm at work in the bathroom practicing throne work and people in other stalls are having full-throated conversations as toilets are being flushed around them. I find it bizarre, it seems rather disrespectful to who you are talking to. Less and less human contact I don't think is a good thing. Retail stores across the board are seeing a steady drop off in business. Millenials prefer to stay home.

Turn that shit off and go bowling or shoot some pool. I think it a great loss that current generations don't know the ins and outs and joys and foibles of drive in movies.

You don't do that now?

That's your fault. You've gone bad, not America.

You crazies are so fun and predictable.
I'm sure this is all just something I've imagined...and made up.
There's no cultural and or communication barriers at all here in Southern California...the "diversity" is awesome. I much prefer to be surrounded by people who share nothing in common with me...including my language. I love seeing the Mexican flags fly in front yards while the resident waits by the mailbox for the check I send them on the 1st and 15th. I love standing in line at the market and feeling like a foreigner in my native country. I love watching the t.v. monitors at the gas stations which broadcast in a language I can't understand. I love sending my kids to private schools at $2,400 per month to keep them from being surrounded by silver tooth anchors with no moral compass or sense of family values.
You Loons are right...this is a much better country for everyone who isn't truly American.

Remember standing in line somewhere and conversing with likeminded strangers who spoke your same language?

:rofl:

you should probably get an education before you start saying insane things that are verifiably false.

what you think is american is pretend. i'll start with your "family fables, church and God" bullshit.... by referring you to the first amendment of the constitution.

education, get some.

1. Remember standing in line somewhere and conversing with likeminded strangers who spoke your same language?
  5. Remember when family values, church and God were important to most Americans?

1. Yes. That happens almost weekly. It certainly happens every time I go to the airport, a restaurant or bar where I find myself in the company of strangers.
  2. Acquaintanceships more so than friendships, but yes. That's has been the case throughout my life. It doesn't appear to have stopped happening.
  3. I did exactly that, although the school also had students who held views different from mine and my kids. I think the variety views and backgrounds was a good thing and a thing to welcome not eschew.
  4. Yes. That's what I do when I'm driving/walking through my neighborhood and see someone out front whom I don't know. Mostly I nod or simply say "hi" or "good morning/afternoon," and keep moving. When I'm visible from the street, passers by do the same. (When I'm with a black friend, I observe them nodding whatnot to far more strangers than I ever would. I'm far from anti-social, but I'm not that friendly.)
  5. I don't know that those things have ceased to exist, though I'm not a church-goer.
  6. They still do, at least judging by the foreigners I know well enough to have an opinion about whether they have done or not.
  • Remember when no man whom one could not rely on the verity of his words (or at least 90% of them) could not get elected as POTUS?
  • Remember when having a demonstrably high intellect (not "genius-level," just markedly brighter all around than the average person) was a requirement to hold the office that to the whole world represented among the best character one could find in America's citizenry?
  • Remember when one's patriotism was more important than one's political party/ideology?

A better question is why do conservatives believe life is static and doesn't change? Fewer people identify as Christians. You don't make friends anymore? You don't wave to strangers and they don't wave to you? I constantly have people that are very courteous on the road and insist that I go first at a stop sign, even when I'm insisting they go first. And we all laugh and wave the thankyou wave. People hold doors for me and I hold doors for others. Be the world you want to create, that is all you can do.

I will say that the advent of doing everything online or on a phone (text) rather than in person I believe is eroding the sociality of people. I'm at work in the bathroom practicing throne work and people in other stalls are having full-throated conversations as toilets are being flushed around them. I find it bizarre, it seems rather disrespectful to who you are talking to. Less and less human contact I don't think is a good thing. Retail stores across the board are seeing a steady drop off in business. Millenials prefer to stay home.

Turn that shit off and go bowling or shoot some pool. I think it a great loss that current generations don't know the ins and outs and joys and foibles of drive in movies.

You don't do that now?

There's no cultural and or communication barriers at all here in Southern California...the "diversity" is awesome. I much prefer to be surrounded by people who share nothing in common with me...including my language. I love seeing the Mexican flags fly in front yards while the resident waits by the mailbox for the check I send them on the 1st and 15th. I love standing in line at the market and feeling like a foreigner in my native country. I love watching the t.v. monitors at the gas stations which broadcast in a language I can't understand. I love sending my kids to private schools at $2,400 per month to keep them from being surrounded by silver tooth anchors with no moral compass or sense of family values.
You Loons are right...this is a much better country for everyone who isn't truly American.

someone as verifiably delusional as you should probably refrain from calling others crazy.

Remember standing in line somewhere and conversing with likeminded [sic] strangers who spoke your same language?

What do you mean by "likeminded" [sic]?

Aside from that vague attempt at creating an adjective, the above is something I do all the time. This weekend alone, I've done that 4-5 times in 3 languages. Maybe the problem you are perceiving is YOU.

You don't do that now?

You see what you want to see, go with that if it makes you feel good. Or bad. Or nothing.

you should probably get an education before you start saying insane things that are verifiably false.

what you think is american is pretend. i'll start with your "family fables, church and God" bullshit.... by referring you to the first amendment of the constitution.

education, get some.

Remember standing in line somewhere and conversing with likeminded [sic] strangers who spoke your same language?

Aside from that vague attempt at creating an adjective, the above is something I do all the time. This weekend alone, I've done that 4-5 times in 3 languages. Maybe the problem you are perceiving is YOU.

Look, the truth is, most of you nut-jobs on here are either un-American or barely American yourself...you're not suppose to get it...and your default setting won't allow to agree with me even if you did.
Ever try to convince a stoner that weed should be illegal....kinda the same shit here.
Any real American knows exactly what I'm talking about.

You don't do that now?

You crazies

Excuse me? You are the one who posed half a dozen or so questions where in is implicit the notion that the things about which you asked no longer exist or occur. "Remember when this?" and "Remember when that?" You asked those questions, not I.

You crazies are so...predictable.

What I predicted in my mind is that even after I showed the courtesy of directly answering each of your questions, you would not return the courtesy. And my prediction, thus far, was spot on. Indeed, in replying to me, you chose instead to insult me by calling me crazy and stupid.

Now, I'm not going to call you or your failing to return the kindness of a direct answer to the questions crazy. No. It's not crazy, it's just deucedly uncivilized. As for your having asked your OP questions, failure to kindly and directly answer my questions, and upon receiving my reply responding as you did,...well, my picturesquely speaking kin would say that's because you lack the character of a dishrag. I prefer something more precise, which is why I think it's little other than a profound indicator of your being a cantankerously-caterwauling wearisome poltroon.

I neither wrote nor intimated anything like that.

It

IMO, it all started in the 60s.[/QU

It started with WW2, the Manhatten Project, and the Cold War that followed, which led to the creation of the military industrial complex, that Eisenhower warned us about.

Which led to the creation of giant multi national corporations, that has completely corrupted our political system.

These giant multinational corporations don't give a rats ass about the country, what is American, your very safety, the massive pollution spewed into the earth, or any god damn thing else.

Only their profit margins, and they will feed your children to the wolves to increase them.

The people Republicans are now chomping at the bit to give big tax cuts to. Because it will help you and your children.

No seriously.

Maybe the problem you are perceiving is YOU.

That -- the OP-er's refusal to "look in the mirror" before "looking across the street" -- is what is at issue here. The OP-er is the misanthrope, not everyone else.

education, get some.

Look, the truth is, most of you nut-jobs on here are either un-American or barely American yourself...you're not suppose to get it...and your default setting won't allow to agree with me even if you did.
Ever try to convince a stoner that weed should be illegal....kinda the same shit here.
your default setting won't allow to agree with me even if you did....Ever try to convince a stoner that weed should be illegal....

Your "default setting" is to say or ask something stupid! To wit....No, I've never tried to "convince a stoner that weed should be illegal" because they and I both know what a jurisdiction in which pot is illegal is like; moreover, stoners and I know pot is illegal. The normative question and its answers about it, no matter one's thoughts about it or basis for having them, are thus moot. Lastly, I have yet to meet a "stoner" who is or has ever grown to be in a position to do anything about the legal status of marijuana; thus were I to have such a discussion, I'd be having it with the wrong person....more so if they happen to be stoned while we're having the conversation. Weed is a mind-altering substance, and rarely if ever does it alter the mind for the better.

Last edited:

education, get some.

You appear to be talking about your own personal shortcomings.

Well said!

What baffles and infuriates me is the substantial number of Americans who are holding "Welcome" signs and encouraging these Islamic invaders. They are doing this in spite of what they've seen take place in Sweden, Germany, France, England, Italy, and elsewhere. In my mind these Americans are categorical traitors and should be treated as such.

This is a very serious problem. My father and two beloved uncles were taken from us for years to fight in WW-II -- and only two came home. As I recall the purpose of their service and sacrifice was to protect our Nation against invasion and occupation. The purpose of the fiasco in Korea was supposedly the same -- to secure our Nation against eventual invasion by hostile forces. Likewise with Vietnam, where my beloved cousin died, and all of the Middle East carnage we've been involved in for the past few decades. But here we are opening our borders to marching columns of hundreds of thousands of military-age men, the vast majority of whom have a sworn a religious duty to either convert us to Islam and subject us to Sharia law or to kill us -- many of whom already have demonstrated an eager willingness to do so.

The only hope our beloved America has of surviving this strategically passive military invasion is by electing the kind of political leaders who will open their eyes to what is happening and take appropriate action to deal with it.

I am recalling when Pearl Harbor was bombed and our political leadership ordered the internment of all Japanese Americans in containment camps -- in spite of the fact that none of these decent, peaceful, productive and presumably loyal citizens had done nothing to even vaguely suggest they were a threat to our internal security. But here we are welcoming the incursion of literal hordes of young men, many of whom brazenly manifest arrogantly aggressive hatred for this Nation and its People, some of whom already have demonstrated a suicidal determination to kill as many of us as they can. We are literally inviting them to invade us and in large measure we are taking steps to provide them with sustenance and comforts.

This must be stopped!

I propose that instead of wasting time and money on a Southern Border wall we begin construction of massive internment camps for the containment of any so-called "refugee" who does not fulfill the requirements of refugee status -- along with any "refugee" who displays the slightest level of aggressive conduct toward American citizens. I believe the existence of such camps will serve to quickly discourage any Muslim from migrating to the U.S. while enabling the orderly deportation of those who are interned.

What its existing political leadership is refusing to acknowledge is the obvious fact that the West is presently being prepped for aggressive paramilitary dominance by a de facto invasion force.

Baffled and infuriated here also. These muslims are now influencing our schools. One link below.

Articles: San Diego: Ground Zero for Islamic Indoctrination in American Public Schools

Forum List

Back