Remember the H1N1 Pandemic? I Don’t Either

You try to sound smart Joe, but don't realize how badly you fail

Yet still living in your head, you racist twat.

So you've decided you hate the Chinese more than the Muslims now? .

Sorry Joe I have no time nor inclination to let little cretins who spew hatred online like you in

I meant it then; I mean it now. There's something wrong with you. I'm sorry for it, but can't change it. Probably a personality disorder

So Obama had a vaccine and let about 18000 people die and Trump has no vaccine and less than 200 dead. Then you say Trump handled it wrong and Obama did it right? Thanks for proving you're a total idiot.

Obama didn't let 18000 die. Those people died because they didn't get vaccinations, or ignored warnings, or just had the bad luck to have other co-morbidities.

Yes, I'm saying Trump fucked this up completely, that's becoming more obvious every day... you think we are going to top out at 200? You are delusional.

Entire economy shut down for 6 weeks because Trump panicked.
I thought you loons said Trump did nothing. You're a tool.
78480532_10218156497216110_7185421221817745408_n.jpg
78480532_10218156497216110_7185421221817745408_n.jpg

Only those who are trying to slip it under the rug don't remember it.

How can you forget that 12,400 Americans died from it?

Thank you President Barry.

Well, most of us had bigger worries, like the complete economic collapse Bush had given us.

But there are major differences. The first is that we had vaccines and treatments for flu. Most of those who died either didn't seek treatment or didn't get vaccinations or were already in comprimised health.

The second was that Obama actually DID act decisively. The obsession is that he didn't declare a "national emergency" when it started.

What Trump Is Getting Wrong About Obama’s Response to the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic

But who can resist comparing Obama and Trump? Let’s take a look at where Obama succeeded and where he failed. In short: Even with all the medical differences in diagnosis and management, the claim that the 2009 response was inadequate and led to excess deaths is a gross exaggeration.

During and after the pandemic, many claimed that Obama was ginning up the threat, talking about it too much, scaring people too much, being the Nanny State nightmare libertarians had had warned us against. Likely, they said, the faux-crisis was really about developing more support for the Affordable Care Act, not yet voted upon in Congress but looming menacingly on the cold horizon. At the time, I wrote an evaluation of the government response in the Daily Beast, mostly criticizing Washington overreach into a bad but routine crisis best handled by CDC experts, not politicians. In other words, I thought Obama was too responsive. (Ah, the good old days … )

More recently, Justin Fox at Bloomberg Opinion wrote a thorough comparison of the Obama and Trump responses. He looked in particular at one popular criticism made by Trump supporters about the timing of Obama’s declaration of “a national emergency.” The facts are that Obama declared a “public health emergency” a few weeks after the first cases in the U.S. This focused public attention and resources on the outbreak. In October, six months later, he declared “a national emergency.” Indeed, there are some subtle differences between the two federal responses, but for doctors and patients and human health, these bureaucratic distinctions are irrelevant.
Obama was a total failure with everything he tried. He was an Anti-American globalist and hated America, If you think he was great you must have the same feelings towards America

It is worth it to these Leftists to do all these extreme measures (shutting down everything) even if they have no idea how effective they are and even if the economy completely tanks. They don't think logically. Did that help

Since Trump will rightfully get the blame, it doesn't matter.

Frankly, I think shutting down everything is an overreaction. We wouldn't be here if Trump had taken this seriously three months ago when they breifed him on how serious this would be.
and done what? explain how you get there.

So Obama had a vaccine and let about 18000 people die and Trump has no vaccine and less than 200 dead. Then you say Trump handled it wrong and Obama did it right? Thanks for proving you're a total idiot.

Obama didn't let 18000 die. Those people died because they didn't get vaccinations, or ignored warnings, or just had the bad luck to have other co-morbidities.

Yes, I'm saying Trump fucked this up completely, that's becoming more obvious every day... you think we are going to top out at 200? You are delusional.

Entire economy shut down for 6 weeks because Trump panicked.
can't make it up. blame the people and not the leadership in obammy and blame the leadership and feel bad for the people for trump. yep, your hypocrisy flying freely still.

Comparative figures from first 30 days of H1N1 and this are being scrubbed and hidden

here, some perspective being overlooked.
Swine influenza - Wikipedia

It is estimated that in the 2009 flu pandemic 11–21% of the then global population (of about 6.8 billion), or around 700 million to 1.4 billion people, contracted the illness—more in absolute terms than the Spanish flu pandemic. However, with about 150,000–575,000 fatalities,

Oh, he did something, alright.

He disbanded the Pandemic Response Team
He cut funding to the CDC
He put his idiot son-in-law in charge of the response.
He called it a hoax for months before someone finally got through to him this shit was serious.

And now, local and state governments are having to shut things down because he didn't take action when it might have done some good.

Obama was a total failure with everything he tried. He was an Anti-American globalist and hated America, If you think he was great you must have the same feelings towards America

What I remember was that when he came to office the economy was in ruins, and when he left, we were in pretty good shape.

Trump rode that wave for a while, but he's managed to fuck it up like Republicans always do.

It's not a bug, it's a design feature.

Oh, he did something, alright.

He disbanded the Pandemic Response Team
He cut funding to the CDC
He put his idiot son-in-law in charge of the response.
He called it a hoax for months before someone finally got through to him this shit was serious.

And now, local and state governments are having to shut things down because he didn't take action when it might have done some good.
Lol, compared to other countries. We are doing great. He did better than your boy obama.

Sure, is that why "only" 12,400 Americans died?

Uh, that's kind of typical for a flu season lasting over several years, buddy.

That's WITH vaccines and treatments. We don't have either for Covid-19 (Trump's Plague).

H1N1 was not typical flu, and with lower mortality rate and vaccines, 12,400 Americans still died.

Comparing to COVID-19, with no vaccine and no medicine, Trump is doing pretty good.

Only those who are trying to slip it under the rug don't remember it.

How can you forget that 12,400 Americans died from it?

Thank you President Barry.
That’s actually relatively mild for influenza deaths in the US. We’ve had years over 50-60k if I’m not mistaken.

Forum List

Back