Religious Freedom or Discrimination

That doesn't justify allowing people to discriminate (to root them out?). Again, you have to walk a mile in their shoes first.

You don't have to go anywhere in anyone's shoes. Forcing people in private business to hire who YOU think they should is bullshit. It's their money, not yours.

And matts is correct ... if you choose to discriminate nowadays based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation it's going to bite you in the ass because the small minority of overly-sanctimonious do-gooder extremists such as yourself will get page one for as long as takes to bend them to your will, or a bigger and better witchhunt comes along.

Only in specific situations. It is not a blanket regulation that can and will be applied to everything, I suggest you read the law.
We are talking about employment law here...you might want to actually read the posts and be fully informed of what the discussion is about...and discrimination is against the law and an actionable offense in all employment instances.

You don't have to go anywhere in anyone's shoes. Forcing people in private business to hire who YOU think they should is bullshit. It's their money, not yours.

And matts is correct ... if you choose to discriminate nowadays based on race, religion, gender or sexual orientation it's going to bite you in the ass because the small minority of overly-sanctimonious do-gooder extremists such as yourself will get page one for as long as takes to bend them to your will, or a bigger and better witchhunt comes along.

So you feel that the people who are harmed by discrimination is a price you, as a white male, are willing to pay?

So you feel that the people who are harmed by discrimination is a price you, as a white male, are willing to pay?

I am. It is a risk that I’m willing to take. If I want to associate with a business but it happens to discriminate against White people, Ill simply go somewhere else. If I feel so wronged by the anti-White racist business, I’ll inform people about it and ask that it be boycotted. It is as simple as that.

I am. It is a risk that I’m willing to take. If I want to associate with a business but it happens to discriminate against White people, Ill simply go somewhere else. If I feel so wronged by the anti-White racist business, I’ll inform people about it and ask that it be boycotted. It is as simple as that.
um, buddy, whites are not discriminated against.

My race and gender are irrelevant. If you want to drag it into the fray, I am discriminated against regularly because I am a white male.

As opposed to a failing business because I was forced to hire someone based on their minority status rather the person best qualified for the job? I can easily live with that.

Your argument is completely one-sided and doesn't address at all the issue of forcing people to hire based on political correctness rather than qualification.

My race and gender are irrelevant. If you want to drag it into the fray, I am discriminated against regularly because I am a white male.

As opposed to a failing business because I was forced to hire someone based on their minority status rather the person best qualified for the job? I can easily live with that.

Your argument is completely one-sided and doesn't address at all the issue of forcing people to hire based on political correctness rather than qualification.

No, your argument is completely assinine. I stated that if a black or gay applicant is qualified for the job, and not hired based on their color or sexual orientation, that is a crime.

I have no problem with any company or church hiring the best qualified for a job regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, sex, or political ideology. But they cannot refuse a job based on any of those things. If someone is not qualified for a job they are not qualified, and race, religion, sexual orientation, sex, or political ideology can never enter into it.

This is just another example of you blindly disagreeing with everything I say.

Like Hell they aren't. You need to get out more from that sterile environment you live in. Whites aren't even the majority where I live, and probably not where matts lives either.

Where do you live gunny? East LA? South Florida?

um, buddy, whites are not discriminated against.

And since you have attmepted to imply that I am some sort of racist or homophobe because I don't believe what you do, here's some duct tape for your mouth ...

I picked the two people I have as mods for a variety of reasons, but let it suffice to say that both meet the qualifications I have in mind for the job.

Secondary to that: Both are liberal. One is an athiest and I have no idea what race he is, and the other is a Jewish female.

If they were little green men from Mars and met my qualifications, they'd be the mods.

I haven't seen any whites seeking employment in Harlem, except for Bill Clinton.

That you have not witnessed it is irrelevant. The comment that I made was in reaction to your claim that there is no anti-White racism. I disagree. There are people who prefer to hire and associate with Blacks just as there are people who prefer to hire and associate with Whites.

No, your argument is completely assinine. I stated that if a black or gay applicant is qualified for the job, and not hired based on their color or sexual orientation, that is a crime.

You've twisted several different ways. My argument isn't assinine. Mine doesn't impose my beliefs on others. Yours does. Kinda makes YOU the ass.

I have no problem with any company or church hiring the best qualified for a job regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, sex, or political ideology. But they cannot refuse a job based on any of those things. If someone is not qualified for a job they are not qualified, and race, religion, sexual orientation, sex, or political ideology can never enter into it.

This is just another example of you blindly disagreeing with everything I say.

No, it is an example of opposing the ideology you are trying to push, and attempting to deflect that fact into something personal. I don't know you and could care less about you one way or the other.

I oppose just about every ideal you have posted so far. Get over it. It's only personal when you make it personal.

You've twisted several different ways. My argument isn't assinine. Mine doesn't impose my beliefs on others. Yours does. Kinda makes YOU the ass.

No, it is an example of opposing the ideology you are trying to push, and attempting to deflect that fact into something personal. I don't know you and could care less about you one way or the other.

I oppose just about every ideal you have posted so far. Get over it. It's only personal when you make it personal.

Thing is, if you run a mom/pop business, you can hire whomever you want. You have 50 employees or more, (I think that's still the number), you're subject to anti-discrimination laws. FWIW, I'm very torn on this issue. I think that no one should be denied a job because of race, gender, etc. On the other hand, I don't think anyone should get a job if they aren't as qualified as someone else for the position.

It's a quandry. And it's perhaps more deserving of discussion other than, "you're a racist" or "you're a bleeding heart". And I say this as a mom to a kid who may not get into the middle school he deserves to be in because he has a jew last name.

There are some good arguments both ways.

And since you have attmepted to imply that I am some sort of racist or homophobe because I don't believe what you do, here's some duct tape for your mouth ...

I picked the two people I have as mods for a variety of reasons, but let it suffice to say that both meet the qualifications I have in mind for the job.

Secondary to that: Both are liberal. One is an athiest and I have no idea what race he is, and the other is a Jewish female.

If they were little green men from Mars and met my qualifications, they'd be the mods.

No gunny, you sought to create an atmosphere of bigoted hostility here by acting like you are in favor of discrimination. So are we all to assume, going forward, that you are acting when you start belligerently arguing?

That you have not witnessed it is irrelevant. The comment that I made was in reaction to your claim that there is no anti-White racism. I disagree. There are people who prefer to hire and associate with Blacks just as there are people who prefer to hire and associate with Whites.

And I am telling you that you are wrong. You tried to make your point by naming Harlem and I refuted that by making the obvious point that there are no whites seeking employment in Harlem...and this argument is about employment law. Try to stay on point here please.

Gunny, if anyone twists things around, it is you. These head games that you play are very indicative of military training. You are wrong and you cannot admit it.

No gunny, you sought to create an atmosphere of bigoted hostility here by acting like you are in favor of discrimination. So are we all to assume, going forward, that you are acting when you start belligerently arguing?

You know, there are a lot of bigots and anti-semites on this board. Gunny happens not to be one of them.

Forum List

Back