REI closing flagship Portland store because the city is too dangerous

I've been there. Clackamas is popular with people all over the region, including Vancouver, WA.

The 'you people' thing is hilarious. Portland has always had a serious crime issue. And the area contains a great many conservatives. Crazed rightwingers all over the place to balance out the crazed ANTIFA you people live mimic

Just look at the numbers:

You put up stats for all of Oregon, not Portland, dipshit. Portland is a cesspool filled with people like you, who want it that way.

Clackamas is a suburb, dipshit. You people have made the city too dirty and dangerous for businesses.
Democrats are not responsible. Democrats have been complaining too. It's not a right vs left issue.

But lately, Blumenauer isn’t bragging quite so loudly about the Rose City.

“Portland is broken,” he said in a statement in February announcing his reelection bid.

Democrats are not responsible. Democrats have been complaining too. It's not a right vs left issue.

“Portland is broken,” he said in a statement in February announcing his reelection bid.
this will be the summer of love 2

This is the subtitle of your article:

Political observers say they’ve never seen anything like the gloom Portlanders are showing about the shape of their city. That could be very bad news for incumbents.​

Who are those incumbents? Do you know?

this will be the summer of love 2
Personally, I don't care about Portland's problems. I don't live there. I spent time there during 2020 lock-downs. It's a good city when you get out into neighborhoods, and away from it's downtown. But that can be said for most cities. Cities have always struggled with crime and other issues. Always.

You people are still stuck on the race thing and other shit. Oregon has a terrible history in that area.

This is the subtitle of your article:

Political observers say they’ve never seen anything like the gloom Portlanders are showing about the shape of their city. That could be very bad news for incumbents.​

Who are those incumbents? Do you know?
Yep.
That doesn't mean bad news for any and all Democrats. D'Oh!

If you people were any dumber...

what is an rei????.hate to see any biz close....but when the city shits on them...oh wellzy

They're a big company that sells outdoor gear -- tents, sleeping bags, outdoor wear, shoes, camping equipment, mountain climbing stuff, et cetera.

They had a huge outlet in Seattle. They've always aimed their marketing at leftists so I never paid them much attention.

I totally don't blame them for giving up in shitholes like Portland and Seattle. It looks like they're still going in Seattle, but not for long is my bet. The neighborhood they're in will hit the shitter soon.

This is great news!

The reap -> sow cycle is being illustrated so clearly to these delusional leftists, and they still don't understand it.

The outdoor retail giant REI announced Monday that it plans to close its store in Portland's Pearl District early next year, citing an increase in crime and theft.

In an email to customers Monday, REI said its store in Portland "had its highest number of break-ins and thefts in two decades, despite actions to provide extra security."

But crime is going down. The left have told us so.

Calling bullshit! The Pearl District :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Closing one store and opening another. It's a move. So what?

"CLACKAMAS, Ore. (KPTV) - Just months after REI announced it’s closing its flagship Portland store, the outdoor retailer says it will open a new location in the Clackamas Town Center.

REI Re/Supply Clackamas will be dedicated to used outdoor gear and apparel. The 16,113 square-foot store will be located just doors away from the existing outlet already at the mall.

“As a member-owned co-op, we have a responsibility to preserve the long-term health of the planet,” said Bob Cagle, REI regional director. “Our Re/Supply offering reimagines the lifecycle of outdoor products and helps keep gear where it belongs—out on trails, waterways and other natural places. Opening a Re/Supply store in the community builds on the popularity of our used program that is enjoyed by many Oregonians.”

Access to the Re/Supply store will be a benefit of a co-op membership."

Do you live there or have you been there? I have a friend who lives 20 miles from Portland and he has described how bad it has gotten over the last 10 years. The crime and drugs are spreading into his neighborhood when it used to be 100% crime free.

Do you live there or have you been there? I have a friend who lives 20 miles from Portland and he has described how bad it has gotten over the last 10 years. The crime and drugs are spreading into his neighborhood when it used to be 100% crime free.

I have a friend who was similarly situated and left for the warm red state of North Dakota about 8 years ago. She says the feeling of safety is incredible. I know what she means.

Crime free? When? :auiqs.jpg:

I stayed months at a time. I visited neighborhoods (outside of the downtown). I loved it. perceptions of some people was how dangerous the place was, but during protests and riots one would not know they were going on downtonw, if one had not been tuned to FOX News 24/7

I interviewed LE on the steps at the Justice Center. They agreed BLM was not violent, but that at night ANTIFA would come out and riot. All around us while we were talking there were BLM protesters doing videos, interviews, blogging...

marvin martian I possess videos and photos

Last edited:

I was in Portland in 2017 on the day President Trump was inaugurated. As expected, leftists ran wild in the city, destroying private property and stealing everything that wasn't nailed down. I watched them trash a food truck while the owner stood nearby and cried. No cops were present.

I was in Portland in 2017 on the day President Trump was inaugurated. As expected, leftists ran wild in the city, destroying private property and stealing everything that wasn't nailed down. I watched them trash a food truck while the owner stood nearby and cried. No cops were present.
Boo hoo. You stood by and did nothing? Where was your firearm?

and America has been doing well without Trump. No riots in streets like that.

Boo hoo. You stood by and did nothing? Where was your firearm?

and America has been doing well without Trump. No riots in streets like that.

You can't legally carry a gun in Portland, it would bother the criminals.

At any rate, people just like you run all the dirtiest, most violent places in the country.

Forum List

Back