Regulations cause job losses and higher consumer prices? Will Obama pull back?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQk_B4tnHo&feature=player_profilepage]Regulate us right out of our showers Obama. - YouTube[/ame]

Enough is enough. Now Obama is in my damn shower with me......

Did you watch Cavuto today? He had a speed reader on.. 25 thousand pages of regulations, he was supposed to read them all in one hour, I got called away so I didn't see if he made it.. 25 thousand pages of regulations with about ten new ones issued every day. fucked up,, vewy fucked up

End regulations! I love toxic air, food, water, medicine...

Because telling me how much water I can use when I take a shower or take a shit protects me from what?

I don't follow their guidlines.

I have no choice. I remodel bathrooms for a living. Believe it of not I lose money on these stupid water regulations. My customers often opt to not buy a new toilet or shower valve from me because they dont want the low flow garbage.

Its just plain stupid

If you look at the people writing the regulations I would bet that few if any are qualified to write anything about the industry they are regulating. Obama is so sure he knows what is best for us he will continue to regulate. It worked in the community he was organizing, I guess that he was about the only one on the block that could count to 10 without help.

Because telling me how much water I can use when I take a shower or take a shit protects me from what?

I have no choice. I remodel bathrooms for a living. Believe it of not I lose money on these stupid water regulations. My customers often opt to not buy a new toilet or shower valve from me because they dont want the low flow garbage.

Its just plain stupid

I find old toilet sthat are high flow, but it is for personal use. I use the shower heads for low pressure lines that increas pressure. I get them at flea markets.

If you look at the people writing the regulations I would bet that few if any are qualified to write anything about the industry they are regulating. Obama is so sure he knows what is best for us he will continue to regulate. It worked in the community he was organizing, I guess that he was about the only one on the block that could count to 10 without help.

Obama does not pen these regs himself.It is done by whatever dept. that covers the area in the regs.

Its just plain stupid

I find old toilet sthat are high flow, but it is for personal use. I use the shower heads for low pressure lines that increas pressure. I get them at flea markets.

Whenever I remove old High Flow toilets I put them on craigs list. They sell fast, just not for much. Id rather sell new toilets as the profit margin is larger.

Yea, this is not a left right issue as much as it is a bullshit issue. Obama has increased the ammount of bs we have to deal with though.

Enough is enough

Did Obama ever present the list of unneeded regulations that he talked about in his jobs speech?

I believe I heard he has a commitee working on it. I also heard they were going to scrutinize 500 of them. Dunno if thats true either.

I'm sure that's true, but just because a committee is analyzing regulations doesn't mean that they're going to do anything about them.

But there are bigger concerns about this. One, which I'm not too worried about, is that important regulations will be repealed. I think most people don't think Obama will do that. The other concern that we should both be worried about is that Obama has singled out tiny regulations that cost the economy peanuts. That way, he can say he has repealed piles of regulations, but in terms of dollar amounts, it was a small cut back. That won't really help the economy all that much. We need a cost-benefit analysis of regulations, with the value of human life being set pretty high.

Forum List

Back