Regarding Trump & Polling

I guess it means that they have been used as political propaganda tools to disencourage Trump supporters and failed, and some, I assume, simply got the wrong samples.

So does this mean that:

a) There was indeed a hidden populace who didn't want to admit to pollsters they'd be voting for Trump?

or

b) Pollsters fucked up and really need to re-think the way they do their job?

or

c) Both?
Pollsters didn't fuck up, they did exactly what they were to do by democrats...

Your inability to think critically caused you to miss the train.....

At least 3 factors:

1) Over-sampled polls, based on faulty turnout projections.
2) Trump supporters do not want to admit to supporting him, since it's unpopular in the mainstream.
3) Biased samples.

Almost certainly, some fraud as well.

So does this mean that:

a) There was indeed a hidden populace who didn't want to admit to pollsters they'd be voting for Trump?

or

or

c) Both?

They wouldn't call it the. "silent majority" unless they remained silent... (also IIIya. K. Makrus had it pretty well right)

Last edited:
So does this mean that:

or

or

c) Both?

TETT.

Gloria Borger of CNN said that a Trump contact she had was surprised by the turnout.

Meaning that CNN expected (for example) X.
The Trump camp expected X + a few thousand.
What showed up in reality was X + a few thousand more than even Trump’s camp thought.

————-

What it reminds me of was this scene from “The West Wing” in an episode called “A proportional response”

Bear with me.

The President has a new physician who is a member of Doctors without Borders. After a check up, the doctor is appointed to be his chief physician and will start once he gets back from a trip overseas to help (ironic as it turn out) Syrian refugees. The Syrians shoot down the plane and kill the doctor. The President is pissed at this.

He wants to hit Syria with a massive airstrike but is talked out of it by his advisors and they limit the airstrike to a few army bases and Syrian Defense HQ.

So he orders the bombing.

This is their first bombing and the President is going to address the nation announcing that he ordered it once the planes have cleared Syrian airspace and the results. The problem is that they cannot finish the speech until they know what they hit. So the President is pissed at this too and wants to know why there is a delay.

Here is the gist.

We don’t know that we hit the Syrian Defense HQ” one of them says (paraphrasing)

“Why not!?!?!” the President says
“Usually our best source of information out of Syria is is Syrian Defense HQ and they are offline”.
“For God’s sake, will someone turn on CNN and see if we hit anything?

Put another way, the lack of an organized ground game put into place by the RNC to “get out the vote” was likely going to be not only the lone but the best source for judging the strength of the ground game that President Elect Trump had in place. Since there was no organized apparatus to monitor the groundswell that put him over the top according to Borger…it was a surprise to the pollsters.

If you haven’t watched it before, the episode has a great 3rd act….

Anyway

So does this mean that:

or

or

c) Both?

THe large and constant failures, indicates to me, purposeful attempt to suppress republican voting.

We need to rethink the idea that liberals can be trusted to put their professional responsibilities ahead of their ideological loyalty.

Present company excluded.

So does this mean that:

or

or

c) Both?

THe large and constant failures, indicates to me, purposeful attempt to suppress republican voting.

We need to rethink the idea that liberals can be trusted to put their professional responsibilities ahead of their ideological loyalty.

Present company excluded.
I can see that argument, but holy crap, their professional reputations have to be toast at this point.

So does this mean that:

or

or

c) Both?
Pollsters didn't fuck up, they did exactly what they were to do by democrats...

Your inability to think critically caused you to miss the train.....
Somehow you don't realize that we're all on "the train" now.

And I get to celebrate all the victories and criticize all the failures, while you remain the obedient little partisan, spinning and distorting.

I like where I am, just fine.

There were many on the left that demonized Americans for even thinking about supporting Trump.
You're a Trump supporter, so you're a racist, xenophobe, misogynist, etc etc.
You do have to wonder how many Trump supporters were out there in the closet, afraid to admit publicly they supported Trump.

Forum List

Back