Regarding the "Leaked" George Floyd Video

Why don't you ask them instead of assuming they were trying to kill him?

Do you really believe Chauvin was consciously trying to kill him? Or are you just shouting from the merry cops-are-evil-witch-hunt bandwagon because you don't want to get thrown off?

Did Chauvin use excessive force? Maybe. Was he indifferent or dismissive of the possibility that Floyd had stopped breathing? Probably. Did he employ an illegal restraining procedure? Sounds like it. But was he actively, consciously, with malice aforethought trying to kill Floyd? I doubt that very much. It doesn't make any sense.
Good thing Murder in the second degree doesn't require "malice aforethought" then, right?

Chauvin worked with George Floyd. He knew him. Who knows what goes through the head of a man with 17 citations for violence against suspects? He shouldn't have been working as a cop. He should have been fired after the second citation.
Exactly! Not to mention that the owner of the club that both Chauvin and Floyd worked together at, has stated that Chauvin had bad blood against Floyd.

I'm certain all these factoids will be brought about in trial and the jury will come to the proper conclusion.

Floyd made his mistake by trying to pass a bad bill on some market owner.....whatever happened after that is his fault.....if you don't want to be a statistic don't break the law.....and if you still try and get caught don't resist......you will have your day in court.....simple logic....
Cops aren't the judge, the jury and the executioner. This is the law.

Those thugs will soon find out when they have their day in court.
You seem to be setting the stage for riots in 9 months if they're found innocent.

Poor life choices lead to poor results. Abusing drugs more often than not has terrible consequences.

Chauvin worked with George Floyd. He knew him. Who knows what goes through the head of a man with 17 citations for violence against suspects? He shouldn't have been working as a cop. He should have been fired after the second citation.
Exactly! Not to mention that the owner of the club that both Chauvin and Floyd worked together at, has stated that Chauvin had bad blood against Floyd.

I'm certain all these factoids will be brought about in trial and the jury will come to the proper conclusion.
And when the cops walk you'll post here that the jury made the right decision?

And when the cops walk you'll post here that the jury made the right decision?

I will!

Way overcharged

See Casey Anthony.

He had a chance to explain it to a judge but he decided to resist instead....and now he's dead......and it wasn't murder....if you fight with cops you are placing yourself in a dangerous situation...its all on Floyd....its all his doing.....
So did the drugs kill him?
Resisting arrest killed the man....he fought with the cops the entire time until he was killed by an asshole cop.....cops are human...they are not robots.....fight with them and they get angry.....fight with them and whatever happens is your fault....

It changes nothing, and here's why....

A few problems with this guy's assessments.

1.) “Mr. Zed (Floyd) doesn’t want to get in the car. He has a phobia.”

After they just pulled him from the confinement of his own SUV? I think not.

2.) “Mr. Zed ends up laying on the ground.”

After Floyd told them he wanted to lay on the ground.

3.) “He wasn’t complying. I don’t know that I would call that resisting.”

If you’re not complying, you’re resisting.

4.) “Resisting is a charge. …a charge that gets resolved by a jury or a judge. We do not have judges and juries in the street."

This implies that officers deliberately killed him for resisting. He wasn't killed for resisting. No one involved expected Floyd to die nor did they want him to die.

They why did they keep their weight on his body for 4 minutes AFTER the officers confirmed that he didn't have a pulse and he had stopped breathing?

Do you really believe Chauvin was consciously trying to kill him? Or are you just shouting from the merry cops-are-evil-witch-hunt bandwagon because you don't want to get thrown off?

Did Chauvin use excessive force? Maybe. Was he indifferent or dismissive of the possibility that Floyd had stopped breathing? Probably. Did he employ an illegal restraining procedure? Sounds like it. But was he actively, consciously, with malice aforethought trying to kill Floyd? I doubt that very much. It doesn't make any sense.

Chauvin was told George Floyd had no pulse and he did nothing. Chauvin was told George Floyd wasn't breathing and he did nothing. Chauvin was asked if they should turn George Floyd over when he stopped moving, and he did nothing. And he kept his knee on George Floyd's neck for 4 MORE minutes.

Yes, I believe that Chauvin thought he could kill George Floyd with impunity, and he was fully aware of what he was doing. 17 prior citations for excessive use of force had taught him that nothing bad could happen to him if he killed George Floyd.

Oh for Christ's sake. What was the motive then?

Ask the cop why he didn’t stop choking the life out of Mr. Floyd. Why he didn’t respond to the concerns of his fellow officers or the people on the street who repeatedly said “You’re killing him”.

Ask the cop why he has used excessive force 17 times, and those are only the complaints they received. For every victim who comes forward, there’s probably dozens more who didn’t bother.

This isn’t Chauvin’s first killing of a suspect. This is a pattern of escalating brutally

4.) “Resisting is a charge. …a charge that gets resolved by a jury or a judge. We do not have judges and juries in the street."

This implies that officers deliberately killed him for resisting. He wasn't killed for resisting. No one involved expected Floyd to die nor did they want him to die.

They why did they keep their weight on his body for 4 minutes AFTER the officers confirmed that he didn't have a pulse and he had stopped breathing?

Chauvin was told George Floyd had no pulse and he did nothing. Chauvin was told George Floyd wasn't breathing and he did nothing. Chauvin was asked if they should turn George Floyd over when he stopped moving, and he did nothing. And he kept his knee on George Floyd's neck for 4 MORE minutes.

Yes, I believe that Chauvin thought he could kill George Floyd with impunity, and he was fully aware of what he was doing. 17 prior citations for excessive use of force had taught him that nothing bad could happen to him if he killed George Floyd.

Ask the cop why he didn’t stop choking the life out of Mr. Floyd. Why he didn’t respond to the concerns of his fellow officers or the people on the street who repeated said “You’re killing him”.

Ask the cop why he has used excessive force 17 times, and those are only the complaints they received. For every victim who comes forward, there’s probably dozens more who didn’t bother.

Ask Floyd why he didn't cooperate and go before a judge....oh wait you can't he is dead because he would not stop resisting....

Here's what unravels all of your logiks....what human being expects another human being to survive almost 9 minutes of a grown man kneeling on your neck?!??

My "logiks", as you call them, are a critique of this guy's assessments in the video, nothing else. Whether or not one is expected to survive almost 9 minutes of a grown man kneeling on another man's neck is a separate issue.

The guy in the video should have been more objective and employed more logic himself in examining the bodycam video of the incident.

1.) It is highly unlikely that Floyd was claustrophobic inside a vehicle considering that the officers had just taken him from his own vehicle.

2.) Floyd did not "end up" on the ground as the video states. He specifically asked to be placed on the ground. My guess is that he requested this because he was experiencing some sort of medical or physical episode that resulted in difficulty breathing (he was complaining that he couldn't breathe even before they put him in the cruiser) and maybe thought that laying down might help.

3.) Logic dictates that if one does not comply with police commands, one is resisting. Floyd was actively working against officers so as not to be put in the cruiser. By definition, this is resisting.

4.) The video is correct in that resisting arrest is a formal charge to be settled one way or the other by the judge or the courts. However, his saying “Resisting is…a charge that gets resolved by a jury or a judge. We do not have judges and juries in the street." implies that Floyd was killed for resisting arrest. He was not.
This also does not suggest that officers aren't required to do something about the suspect resisting at the time. If a suspect resists, they still have a duty to arrest if they feel they have probable cause. What are they supposed to do, say "He resisted arrest so we didn't arrest him"? And even if we want to split semantic hairs and argue the difference between not complying and resisting, the officers are STILL required to arrest if they have probable cause. Semantics does not alter the situation: one way or the other, Floyd was getting into that cruiser whether he was resisting or not complying.

The guy in the video prefaced his forthcoming assessments at the beginning by stating that he was a layman, that he didn't "know much about this stuff", presumably he meant police procedures. Well, he made it abundantly clear that he in fact does not know much about police procedures.

Ask the cop why he didn’t stop choking the life out of Mr. Floyd. Why he didn’t respond to the concerns of his fellow officers or the people on the street who repeatedly said “You’re killing him”.

This isn’t Chauvin’s first killing of a suspect. This is a pattern of escalating brutally

Answer the question: What was his motive for killing Floyd?

I don't think you understand where I'm coming from. I'm not defending Chauvin. If he has prior complaints against him and used an illegal procedure to restrain Floyd then maybe he shouldn't be a cop and maybe should be prosecuted for the illegal procedure. I just don't think he set out to kill Floyd. His actions in this incident may be questionable but I think Floyd dying right there in the street was the last thing he expected or wanted.

It changes everything. Floyd was 100% at fault and these cops should walk.
What material facts changed?
Please step out of the car, Sir.
PLEASE MAN PLEASE!
PLEASE!

PLEASE!
I DIDN'T DO NUTTIN'
PLEASE DON'T SHOOT ME!

Please step out of the car, Sir.
PLEASE. I'M TRYIN'.
I CAN'T BEATHE.
OH MAMA. I'M COMIN' FOR YA MAMA.
PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

PLEASE MAN PLEASE.jpg

Last moments of George Floyd. Hero to millions. Two bit thug, criminal and junkie.
Crying like a little girl.
Begging for his life.
Unable to understand what he did wrong just passing off phony money to buy stuff. Just another victim of "the system."
All he had to do was get out, stand up like a man, and get in the squad car.
Maybe he could have made a case to the judge that it wasn't his $20 or that he didn't know it was fake!
But he rather would have been dead than go back to the pen to face the crimes he kept committing.

AND NOW COUNTLESS OTHER PEOPLE MUST SUFFER FOR IT AND PAY FOR HIS ACTIONS.

Last edited:

Good thing Murder in the second degree doesn't require "malice aforethought" then, right?

Maybe not. But the narrative being put forth by a lot of people is that he meant to kill Floyd. I just don't think he meant to kill Floyd in the 1st degree or the 2nd degree. I don't think he knew that Floyd would die because of his actions. If, that is, Floyd DID die from Chauvin's actions. I'm not convinced he did.

I think Floyd had some kind of episode because of a combination of his heart condition, the drugs in his system and the stress of the situation. He was clearly in emotional distress before they even got him out of his vehicle. I think he was stoned out of his gourd and overreacted to the officers accosting him.

He complained he couldn't breathe while he was still standing. He then specifically requested to be put on the ground, probably so he could breathe better.

As for the independent medical examiner's conclusion, I don't trust it. Why? Because he said Floyd died by homicide. Problem is, it is not within the coroner or medical examiner's purview to determine motive, only cause of death, i.e., blunt force trauma or gunshot or whatever. The prosecutor is the one who decides to charge for homicide.

Forum List

Back