Refugees Brave Europe's Deadly Seas Over Wealthy Arab Neighbors

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It doesn't look like he is mentioning gaining employment so that he can pay taxes to help with the expenses of all that he is hoping to gain for himself and his family. The German people are so good at saving money and are not spendthrifts so I imagine that they are not happy to be supporting other families.

Refugees Brave Europe's Deadly Seas Over Wealthy Arab Neighbors
Vivian NereimDonna Abu-Nasr Deema Almashabi
September 3, 2015 — 4:01 PM PDT
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Searching for a new home, Yassir Batal says Germany and its unfamiliar voices and customs are more enticing for his wife and five children than the wealthy Arab states whose culture, religion and language they share.

Like so many other Syrians who have escaped civil war, the 36-year-old has ruled out heading south through Jordan to Saudi Arabia or beyond. They wouldn’t be welcomed the same way, he said.

-1x-1.jpg

MAP: Migratory Routes to Europe

B
“In Europe, I can get treatment for my polio, educate my children, have shelter and live an honorable life,” said Batal, as he left a United Nations office in Beirut, the city that’s been the crossroads for more than a million refugees since the violence started in March 2011. “Gulf countries have closed their doors in the face of Syrians.”

Stories of fellow refugees suffocating in trucks or small children drowning in the Mediterranean Sea are doing little to tarnish the allure of Europe and the struggle to get there. As countries argue over how to cope with the scale of the tide of humanity, safer routes to the Gulf states remain blocked because of the difficulties gaining entry and concern over how migrants would be treated there.

Continue reading at:

Refugees Brave Europe's Deadly Seas Over Wealthy Arab Neighbors?

so true sally-----the arab states do not have a nice reputation regarding accepting their troubled bretheren as refugees. Iran is a nice big country------and even seems to NEED population----
(I am not sure)------the Syrians were not invited

Forum List

Back