Reality sets in for Oregon governor

If you can't afford the basics you shouldn't have children. We shouldn't pay you to raise your kids!

COLD-------very cold. You are either very young, or very old and constipated
or just stupid. Circumstances change-------if you are very young you will learn----
if you are old -----you are HARD HEARTED
Wrong, you are. You think you are entitled to other people's money. That's as cold as it gets.

where have I said "I am entitled to other people's money"?-----
You don't understand your own words if you don't know. What does subsidy mean to you?
subsidy means governmental programs that fund stuff necessary to the common good--------undernourished kids does not serve the COMMON GOOD.
Over priced milk and eggs----does not serve the COMMON GOOD
That's why I said you believe you are entitled to other people's money. You do. The best common good is not have children if you can't afford it or do what it takes, like parents have done in the past. Taking money from me to feed your children isn't in my best interest, why do you get to decide what's best for us all?

The only other action is to reduce the cost of living by operations controlled by rich folks..

it seems to me that we would do a lot better by SUBSIDIZING the very basic
requirements of life in the USA ----ie making them AFFORDABLE to the broad base
of working people than trying to patch things up by getting employers to bankrupt
themselves by forcing them to GIVE IT AWAY. The targets are------housing, food,
health care and--------cheap internet service for all ----basic stuff for all as low prices

No.

why not? everyone should be able to afford to feed their kids

By their own funds, or charity. Not government redistributing other people's money.

Subsidizing is using other peoples money to support those who can't or won't support themselves.

No way should tax dollars be used for that or to support a company.

If you need to feed your kids then you need to get off your dead ass and get a job or two.

try again--------subsidizing the absolute NECCESSITIES ------so that working people
can buy them is NOT BABYSITTING
If you can't afford the basics you shouldn't have children. We shouldn't pay you to raise your kids!

Ask SassyAss how many thousands of dollars worth of tax breaks she gets for her 6 kids, that she has publicly stated she has.

LOL Lame argument, toad. Any tax break we get for our children is far out weighed by the amount of taxes we pay a year. Hell we pay more in capital gains than you probably make in a year
Also the reasoning is that kids grow up to be tax payers (usually) and are very expensive to raise so it's in all our best interests to ease up the tax burden on parents.

So suddenly you've plucked out a rationale for giving my money to the people with kids.

lol.
I've told you many times that you're an idiot. And will continue when you say shit like that. I told you moments ago that a tax break isn't a gift from government but less money confiscated and you still can't grasp the concept.

The general welfare of the population is
PROPERLY the purview of the ELECTED GOVERNMENT.

No. Maintaining an atmosphere of opportunity that promotes the general welfare of the population is the purview of government, not the charitable babysitiing of those who refuse to perform to their abilities.

try again--------subsidizing the absolute NECCESSITIES ------so that working people
can buy them is NOT BABYSITTING
What are "absolute necessities"? Your own apartment? A cell phone? A computer?
Most people int he 3rd world live on less than $5k a year.

The only other action is to reduce the cost of living by operations controlled by rich folks..

of working people than trying to patch things up by getting employers to bankrupt
health care and--------cheap internet service for all ----basic stuff for all as low prices

No.

By their own funds, or charity. Not government redistributing other people's money.

Subsidizing is using other peoples money to support those who can't or won't support themselves.

If you need to feed your kids then you need to get off your dead ass and get a job or two.

very charitable of you ------JESUS would be proud

One of the most prominent feminists to champion the eugenic agenda was Margaret Sanger, the leader of the American birth control movement. Margaret Sanger saw birth control as a means to prevent unwanted children from being born into a disadvantaged life, and incorporated the language of eugenics to advance the movement.[23][24]

So either

1. Margaret Sanger's promotion of birth control for the poor was a form of eugenics, or,

2. Sanger was not the eugenicist she is routinely accused of being, for such promotion.

Bravo. You've posed quite the dilemma here. This could really become a game changer on this board. This post has potential to become relevant across a solid 75% of discussions that are had around here.

Sarcasm?

No, not at all. It was an excellent point. The rabid rightwing cinos love to invoke eugenics to argue against abortion rights. With a simple flip of the script you've put eugenics arguments into their mouths on the basis of personal responsibility arguments. Very well played.

No.

JESUS said to feed the hungry and poor. Not have the government confiscate the money from others.

No.

Jesus doesn't have anything to do with it and there are charities out there to assist any and all freeloaders.

If they need money then they need to earn it. Not have someone else's money handed to em to bankroll their lives.

Common Sense which you don't seem to have any of.

Ask SassyAss how many thousands of dollars worth of tax breaks she gets for her 6 kids, that she has publicly stated she has.

LOL Lame argument, toad. Any tax break we get for our children is far out weighed by the amount of taxes we pay a year. Hell we pay more in capital gains than you probably make in a year
Also the reasoning is that kids grow up to be tax payers (usually) and are very expensive to raise so it's in all our best interests to ease up the tax burden on parents.

So suddenly you've plucked out a rationale for giving my money to the people with kids.

lol.
I've told you many times that you're an idiot. And will continue when you say shit like that. I told you moments ago that a tax break isn't a gift from government but less money confiscated and you still can't grasp the concept.

A tax break is a handout to one group of people that the remainder have to pay for.

Jesus doesn't have anything to do with it and there are charities out there to assist any and all freeloaders.

If they need money then they need to earn it. Not have someone else's money handed to em to bankroll their lives.

You need to move to a country where the government doesn't want to help the needy.

At least he came to his senses. Can't say that for a lot of the other idiots who has acted like tyrants and walked over the people's voices and VOTES to put this stupidity on businesses.

It's a she....I think.

kate-Brown-1on41-640x480.png

yikes!!!!! are you sure?

JESUS said to feed the hungry and poor. Not have the government confiscate the money from others.

Jesus said render unto Caesar what is Caesar's.

I have more than COMMON SENSE-------I have seen the kinds of tragic turns
people experience.........and----the fact that some people do not have the
brains to avoid external pressures as in "DUH---I don't know how it happened,
I am pregnant again"

You need to move to a country where the government doesn't want to help the needy.

You need to move to a country that hands out your tax dollars to every freeloader in that country.

Carry on.

So no good Christian should vote for any politician who supports the food stamp program?

If the government subsidized food, eggs would be $30.00 a dozen. What happened to college tuition would happen to food.

You need to move to a country that hands out your tax dollars to every freeloader in that country.

Carry on.

I am content to live in a democracy of the People by the People and for the People.

I have more than COMMON SENSE-------I have seen the kinds of tragic turns
people experience.........and----the fact that some people do not have the
brains to avoid external pressures as in "DUH---I don't know how it happened,
I am pregnant again"

DUH if you want to support them than whip out YOUR checkbook, YOUR wallet and YOUR debit card and support away.

They will take every dime you give them and look for more.

Sympathy is in the dictionary between shit and syphilis.

So no good Christian should vote for any politician who supports the food stamp program?
No one need be a Christian to know that subsidizing sloth is wrong.

Forum List

Back