Real Clear Politics

RCP is engaging in so much fudging of polls to create the illusion of a contest it isn't even funny.

They are sitting on polls right now because that +7 advantage in Gallup has gone down to +4, and they don't want to post it.

Attachments

• $poll.JPG
    $poll.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

I'd like to know how Obama would govern if he won the electoral college vote and lost the popular vote.

I suspect the Dems would still call it a "mandate".

I would like to see that happen. I'd like to see Romney win the popular vote and lose the electoral college vote. Maybe then we would see some movement towards getting rid of the EC.

I'd like to know how Obama would govern if he won the electoral college vote and lost the popular vote.

I would like to see that happen. I'd like to see Romney win the popular vote and lose the electoral college vote. Maybe then we would see some movement towards getting rid of the EC.

I'm thinking the chances of this happening are increasing by the day.

The chances of getting rid of the EC or of Romney winning the popular vote? I don't think the chances of him winning the popular vote are increasing. He had a bump, but I think it will wind down in the next two weeks. It won't be a blowout, but I predict Romney loses both.

The chances of getting rid of the EC or of Romney winning the popular vote? I don't think the chances of him winning the popular vote are increasing. He had a bump, but I think it will wind down in the next two weeks. It won't be a blowout, but I predict Romney loses both.

I just think the chances are increasing, not that it's necessarily going to happen. I'm definitely not very good at predicting this stuff.

Regarding the EC, there would be huge opposition to that, but -- Bush/Gore is still fresh in the minds of many on the left, and Romney losing here (thereby signaling The End Of Western Civilization As We Know It, according to the right) would animate the righties. We might see a serious national conversation there.

I just think the chances are increasing, not that it's necessarily going to happen. I'm definitely not very good at predicting this stuff.

Regarding the EC, there would be huge opposition to that, but -- Bush/Gore is still fresh in the minds of many on the left, and Romney losing here (thereby signaling The End Of Western Civilization As We Know It, according to the right) would animate the righties. We might see a serious national conversation there.

I'd like to see that serious national conversation regarding the EC and I do think the only way it's going to happen is if a GOP candidate wins the popular and loses the EC. It'd be a tough get though since the EC does tend to favor red states.

It's not going to be that close for Romney to win the popular vote. Obama will still have a majority in the senate as well.

What is the reason for direct election?

Whom does the US president represent if not the people, the entire country?

I would like to see that happen. I'd like to see Romney win the popular vote and lose the electoral college vote. .

Doubtful. It would be more probable to see that happen the other way around, where Obama wins the popular vote, but Romney wins the EC. I can't see a scenario where Romney would win the popular but lose the EC.

Just like the media, polls mean nothing to me. All are liars.

RCP is engaging in so much fudging of polls to create the illusion of a contest it isn't even funny.

They are sitting on polls right now because that +7 advantage in Gallup has gone down to +4, and they don't want to post it.
:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

Forum List

Back