Reagan & Conservatives -- Revisonist History 101

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reagan's policy was to cut individual and corporate tax rates sharply, and to restrain the growth in government spending and regulation. The Democrats, who were in control of the House, resisted and delayed the Reagan tax cuts, so they were not fully implemented until 1983. Obama had the luxury of having his party in control of both houses of Congress, so he was able to get his proposed, massive government spending increases enacted almost immediately.

When Reagan left office in January 1989, he had presided over "seven fat years," as Bob Bartley, the now-deceased editor of The Wall Street Journal, called the Reagan era. Unemployment was half of its recession high, economic growth averaged more than 4 percent after the recession bottom in 1982, the deficit was falling and was under a very manageable 3 percent of gross domestic product, the GDP-debt ratio was falling, inflation had dropped by about two-thirds, and every American individual and company had seen very sharp reductions in their marginal tax rates — the maximum rate fell from 70 percent to only 28 percent by the time Reagan left office.
Keynesian economics, practiced during the late 1960s and 1970s, became thoroughly discredited with the stagflation of the 1970s — which, in theory, was impossible under the old model — and the subsequent Reagan supply-side boom.

The Clinton administration, after its so-so economic performance in the first term with small increases in tax rates and government spending, partially reverted to Reaganomics in its second term; with a capital-gains rate cut and reductions in spending as a percentage of GDP. The result was very strong economic growth and budget surpluses

Obama?s Economics Failing Under Keynesian Policies

Half those countries have voted the Communists back into power, albeit under other names.
But they voted. You hate that don't you.

What ever they have done, they don't give the credit to Reagan the way you do for having the privilege to do it. They give far more credit to there own efforts, which included dying in the streets during violent protest and the threat of a unified violent revolution of all the eastern European nations against the USSR in a coordinated and organized effort.

Their own efforts got them crushed by your Soviet Masters whenever they tried to throw off the yolk of Communism. Reagan was the one and only US President who made the liberation of Eastern Europe one of the main goals of his Presidency. It was no coincidence that they collapsed right after Reagan's term ended

I said it before expats I speak with credit Reagan and say you're a moron and they're right on both counts

Reagan's? Carter's recession....get it straight and the numbers don't lie

According to the accepted arbiter of the economy’s ups and downs, the National Bureau for Economic Research, a brief recession in 1980 — lasting only six months — and a short period of growth, were followed by a sustained recession from July 1981 to November 1982. The unemployment rate hovered between 7% and 8% from the summer of 1980 to the fall of 1981, when it began to rise quickly. By March 1982 it had reached 9%, and in December of that year the unemployment rate stood at its recession peak of 10.8%. The jobless rate slowly receded over the next few years, falling to 8.3% by the end of 1983 and to 7.2% by the 1984 presidential election. The unemployment rate did not fall below 6%, however, until September 1987

Reagan?s Recession | Pew Research Center

Reagan's' tax reform wasn't even fully implemented until 1983. It had to be that way to get through the Democrat congress. The Carter recession hack, you revisionist nut jobs are laughable:cuckoo:

You mean Ronnie cutting the top rate from 70% to 50% didn't work? Shocking

NO, I just don't see how that was my problem or why we needed to bankrupt this country and wreck the middle class so a few Eurotrash could vote.

The country didn't go bankrupt Fool.

David Stockman bombshell: How my Republican Party destroyed the American economy.

The “debt explosion has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party’s embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don’t matter if they result from tax cuts.”

Cue the FoxNews denunciations.

David Stockman, director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan, has dared to call out his own party for creating our current economic problems.

David Stockman bombshell: How my Republican Party destroyed the American economy. | ThinkProgress

What ever they have done, they don't give the credit to Reagan the way you do for having the privilege to do it. They give far more credit to there own efforts, which included dying in the streets during violent protest and the threat of a unified violent revolution of all the eastern European nations against the USSR in a coordinated and organized effort.

Their own efforts got them crushed by your Soviet Masters whenever they tried to throw off the yolk of Communism. Reagan was the one and only US President who made the liberation of Eastern Europe one of the main goals of his Presidency. It was no coincidence that they collapsed right after Reagan's term ended

I said it before expats I speak with credit Reagan and say you're a moron and they're right on both counts

"The most important cause of the fall of the Soviet Union by far was its failed, unsustainable political and economic system, which would have eventually collapsed regardless of American policy. (It's interesting that conservatives' mania for crediting Reagan with the fall of the USSR has required them to downplay the inherent faults of communism, which you'd think they'd naturally emphasize.) "

"The most important cause of the fall of the Soviet Union by far was its failed, unsustainable political and economic system, which would have eventually collapsed regardless of American policy. (It's interesting that conservatives' mania for crediting Reagan with the fall of the USSR has required them to downplay the inherent faults of communism, which you'd think they'd naturally emphasize.) "
How old are you?????? 20's? Because only a young idiot believe such bullshit.

Reagan's policy was to cut individual and corporate tax rates sharply, and to restrain the growth in government spending and regulation. The Democrats, who were in control of the House, resisted and delayed the Reagan tax cuts, so they were not fully implemented until 1983. Obama had the luxury of having his party in control of both houses of Congress, so he was able to get his proposed, massive government spending increases enacted almost immediately.

When Reagan left office in January 1989, he had presided over "seven fat years," as Bob Bartley, the now-deceased editor of The Wall Street Journal, called the Reagan era. Unemployment was half of its recession high, economic growth averaged more than 4 percent after the recession bottom in 1982, the deficit was falling and was under a very manageable 3 percent of gross domestic product, the GDP-debt ratio was falling, inflation had dropped by about two-thirds, and every American individual and company had seen very sharp reductions in their marginal tax rates — the maximum rate fell from 70 percent to only 28 percent by the time Reagan left office.
Keynesian economics, practiced during the late 1960s and 1970s, became thoroughly discredited with the stagflation of the 1970s — which, in theory, was impossible under the old model — and the subsequent Reagan supply-side boom.

The Clinton administration, after its so-so economic performance in the first term with small increases in tax rates and government spending, partially reverted to Reaganomics in its second term; with a capital-gains rate cut and reductions in spending as a percentage of GDP. The result was very strong economic growth and budget surpluses

Obama?s Economics Failing Under Keynesian Policies

2010 huh? lol

Barack Obama bests Bill Clinton's private sector job creation record

June marks 52 straight months of private sector job growth, the longest ever on record, beating out Bill Clinton's record of 51 continuous months of private sector job growth from February 1996 to April 2000. The economy has added more than 200,000 jobs for five months in a row now, the longest such streak since 1999. In the first half of this year alone the economy has added 1.4 million jobs, another accomplishment not seen since 1999.

Barack Obama bests Bill Clinton's private sector job creation record ? The People's View

Got it, you prefer the MYTH conservatives have created about Ronnie

The Whitewashing of Ronald Reagan

...Did Reagan end the Cold War? Immediately after the Berlin Wall fell, a USA Today survey found that only 14% of respondents believed that. Historians mostly credit forty years of “Containment” by eight U.S. presidents. As Tony Judt’s Postwar concluded: “…Washington did not ‘bring down’ Communism – Communism imploded of its own accord.” I served in the USSR during perestroika and glasnost and later, in Russia after the breakup, and can attest to that; Gorbachev tried to reform a repressive, dysfunctional system and lost control of the process.

Vox Verax: The Whitewashing of Ronald Reagan

...Did Reagan end the Cold War? Immediately after the Berlin Wall fell, a USA Today survey found that only 14% of respondents believed that. Historians mostly credit forty years of “Containment” by eight U.S. presidents. As Tony Judt’s Postwar concluded: “…Washington did not ‘bring down’ Communism – Communism imploded of its own accord.” I served in the USSR during perestroika and glasnost and later, in Russia after the breakup, and can attest to that; Gorbachev tried to reform a repressive, dysfunctional system and lost control of the process.

Unlike you idiot I was alive during this time.

First, the attempts to throw off the yolk of communism you speak of were rare and not coordinated. They were independent of other countries efforts. They do not compare to the coordinated uprisings of eastern Europe that began to occur long after Reagan was out of office and who had no influence whatsoever. Nor do you give a bit of credit to the Pope who was instrumental in bringing about that coordination. A rare uprising in Praha or Budapest is not the same as the wack a mole demonstrations occurring in 1990 and 1991.
I don't care how many Russian expats you have talked to. You will never get to talk to as many as often as I do, and they can not be stereotyped they way you would like. In addition, expats are expats. How many times have you been to Russia? How many Russian citizens do you know and talk to on a regular basis? We won't even mention eastern Europe.

I know this will be hard for some of our more vacuous contributors, but most would choose to take the word of someone who risked life and limb on the front line. Lech Walesa is one such person:

When talking about Ronald Reagan, I have to be personal. We in Poland took him so personally. Why? Because we owe him our liberty. This can't be said often enough by people who lived under oppression for half a century, until communism fell in 1989.

Poles fought for their freedom for so many years that they hold in special esteem those who backed them in their struggle. Support was the test of friendship. President Reagan was such a friend. His policy of aiding democratic movements in Central and Eastern Europe in the dark days of the Cold War meant a lot to us. We knew he believed in a few simple principles such as human rights, democracy and civil society. He was someone who was convinced that the citizen is not for the state, but vice-versa, and that freedom is an innate right.

I often wondered why Ronald Reagan did this, taking the risks he did, in supporting us at Solidarity, as well as dissident movements in other countries behind the Iron Curtain, while pushing a defense buildup that pushed the Soviet economy over the brink. Let's remember that it was a time of recession in the U.S. and a time when the American public was more interested in their own domestic affairs. It took a leader with a vision to convince them that there are greater things worth fighting for. Did he seek any profit in such a policy? Though our freedom movements were in line with the foreign policy of the United States, I doubt it.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB108691034152234672

The man was a giant, and only midgets object.

NO, I just don't see how that was my problem or why we needed to bankrupt this country and wreck the middle class so a few Eurotrash could vote.

The country didn't go bankrupt Fool.

David Stockman bombshell: How my Republican Party destroyed the American economy.

The “debt explosion has resulted not from big spending by the Democrats, but instead the Republican Party’s embrace, about three decades ago, of the insidious doctrine that deficits don’t matter if they result from tax cuts.”

Cue the FoxNews denunciations.

David Stockman, director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Ronald Reagan, has dared to call out his own party for creating our current economic problems.

David Stockman bombshell: How my Republican Party destroyed the American economy. | ThinkProgress

Stockman is a fucking retard.

Crusader Retard and his bandwagon of reaganut zombies he leads to follow him,also ignore the facts that reagan got into office long before Gorbachev did and spoke early in his administration of getting rid of commuism but steps were never even taken to reform the country till AFTER Gorbachev came into power and ignoring that polls back then,most credited gorbachev with the reform of the soviet union.:cuckoo: and that even his pal dick nixon said Reagan had nothing to do with it.:cuckoo:

crusader retard sure gets paid well for his constant ass beatings he gets here everyday.:lol: only a young idiot would believe his ramblings and lies.:D

Last edited:
Reagan took a lot of people in his Administration only because the RNC made him. First was his scumbag VP (9/11's Boss) and second was Stockman whom Reagan admonished for being a fucking liar

Notice how big and bold the Progressive lie? When they did this with FDR's horrific economic record, McCarthy understating the extend to which the FDR White House was a Soviet Satellite and LBJ's racism, they got away with it because no one was there to challenge them.

Here they are lying in broad daylight and we're challenging them and all they can do is lie more and more frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back