Rapist of 11-year-old girl beaten by guards in prison

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Carrasquillo, who was charged last June with raping an 11-year-old girl in Kensington, apparently was pummeled by corrections officers after a confrontation Sunday at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility, officials said.

While some details of the brouhaha remain unclear, this much is known: Carrasquillo is in critical condition at Aria Health's Torresdale campus with various injuries, a hospital spokeswoman said yesterday.

Lorenzo North, president of the Prison Guards Union Local 159, said that Carrasquillo attacked a sergeant and four corrections officer with a sock that was stuffed with a bar of soap. "That's a jailhouse weapon," North said. "They did what they had to do to protect themselves and subdue the inmate."

North said that in addition to the stuffed sock, guards found two sharpened pens in Carrasquillo's cell that could have been used as weapons.

Eskind said that Carrasquillo was in solitary confinement because of the high-profile nature of his case.

Rapist of 11-year-old girl beaten by guards in prison | Philadelphia Daily News | 04/15/2010

No sympathy. Nada, zip, zero...

I feel sorry for the corrections officers. They will be punished (as they should be).

Indeed, I hope they are not too severely punished but I suspect they will be. Shame. While I disagree with their actions, one can at least understand it.

Moral of the story...don't attack prison guards with a sock stuffed with a bar of soap.

Moral of the story...don't attack prison guards with a sock stuffed with a bar of soap.

And here I thought prisoners were transported in leg chains and handcuffs just for that reason that some may be violent. Sounds like the guards may have violated protocol somehow by not securing him.

Who knows, the 'rest of the story' will trickle down in time, I loved the moral: "Don't attack prison guards with a sock stuffed with a bar of soap" :lol:

That tactic doesn't work well on the street either.........:eek:

The way I read it, some inmate attacked the prison guards with a weapon. The guards defended themselves. That the inmate happened to be a rapist has nothing to do with the story.

How anyone could be a prison guard and not want to beat the shit out of child rapists/murders/abusers every day is beyond me.

Imagine if that was your child.

Carrasquillo, who was charged last June with raping an 11-year-old girl in Kensington, apparently was pummeled by corrections officers after a confrontation Sunday at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility, officials said.

While some details of the brouhaha remain unclear, this much is known: Carrasquillo is in critical condition at Aria Health's Torresdale campus with various injuries, a hospital spokeswoman said yesterday.

Lorenzo North, president of the Prison Guards Union Local 159, said that Carrasquillo attacked a sergeant and four corrections officer with a sock that was stuffed with a bar of soap. "That's a jailhouse weapon," North said. "They did what they had to do to protect themselves and subdue the inmate."

North said that in addition to the stuffed sock, guards found two sharpened pens in Carrasquillo's cell that could have been used as weapons.

Eskind said that Carrasquillo was in solitary confinement because of the high-profile nature of his case.
Rapist of 11-year-old girl beaten by guards in prison | Philadelphia Daily News | 04/15/2010

No sympathy. Nada, zip, zero...

That's not the guards' job.

That's the prisoners' job.

And here I thought prisoners were transported in leg chains and handcuffs just for that reason that some may be violent. Sounds like the guards may have violated protocol somehow by not securing him.

Who knows, the 'rest of the story' will trickle down in time, I loved the moral: "Don't attack prison guards with a sock stuffed with a bar of soap" :lol:

I didn't see they were transporting him. Prisoners aren't shackled in the prison.

I saw a girl get out of her shackles once and use them as a weapon. That was interesting. I kept her in the observation room until she had to go pee and stepped away from them.

Too bad they didnt beat him to death.
Because then they wouldn't have to worry that his story won't match theirs? Or worse his story will match the physical evidence better than their story, wouldn't that be embarrassing. For the guards.
I mean, really, how much beating does it take to subdue a guy armed with soap?

Having "been there and done that", I can tell you that a prisoner is never 100 percent secure even during transit.

Guards shouldn't be doing that though, as much as I dont' feel sorry for him. Usually sex offenders will get beaten by other prisoners.

I feel sorry for the corrections officers. They will be punished (as they should be).

Indeed, I hope they are not too severely punished but I suspect they will be. Shame. While I disagree with their actions, one can at least understand it.

Sure you understand. Taking the law into your own hands will be the next step for Tea Party lunatics

Forum List

Back