Rand Paul Vs. "Libertarians".

Pete7469

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2013
The Real World
Gary Johnson 8217 s foolish Rand stand Rare

As a Republican, Johnson was twice elected governor of New Mexico. As a Libertarian, success is defined as getting 1 percent of the vote.
To borrow a phrase from Occupy Wall Street, Rand Paul isn’t the candidate of the 1 percent.

Read more at Gary Johnson 8217 s foolish Rand stand Rare

I've posted many times that I believe the only way libertarians can be truly effective is by influencing the republicrat party.

Indeed if there is a republicrat candidate so horrible, then fine vote libertarian but consider the consequence when something as malevolent as ovomit or hitlary gains power. At least with the republicrats you can get some of what you want. I'm glad the RINO Romney lost, but I still dread the next 2 years. Hopefully the disaster leads to a Paul/Cruz ticket, a Paul/Rice ticket a Cruz/Rice ticket...

Whatever, but I notice the most high profile republicrats ATM are the ones most bed wetters are foaming at the mouth about.

The closer we get to 2016, the more Rand Paul looks like a typical Republican. That should surprise no one.

In California, all of the delegates for president will go to the Democrat. Historically, that hasn't always been the case, but it will be for 2016. It's winner take all. My vote for president, if I actually bothered to vote, wouldn't count for anything.

How a libertarian effects change needs to be outside the realm of politics. Libertarianism is a practice, as much as it is a point of view. Opt out of Obamacare, cheat on your taxes, live and let live on social issues, build community relationships with your neighbors, buy goods and services from neighbors rather than shopping on Amazon, etc.. We all have to live in the world, but to the degree that you can live your life while ignoring government, building self-sufficient communities, you effect change toward libertarianism.

100 people in a room can all have different philosophies ranging from left to right and conservative to liberal. But if their practices are virtually indistinguishable from one another, then they all contribute to a common future. We give too much credit to government for societal changes. It's the habits of people that make the most difference, and usually it's government that follows in that wake.

• Banned
I'm not sure about that. Rand may be able to unify enough libtards and conservatives. It has happened before. He's reaching out to bed wetters at Berekly, NAALCP types and fiscal conservatives. The vitriol he receievs from partisan hacks indicates he's making progress selling one simple thing...

Liberty.

I remain optimistic.

I'm not sure about that. Rand may be able to unify enough libtards and conservatives. It has happened before. He's reaching out to bed wetters at Berekly, NAALCP types and fiscal conservatives. The vitriol he receievs from partisan hacks indicates he's making progress selling one simple thing...

Liberty.

I remain optimistic.

Libtards for Liberty! I'm on that train!

Forum List

Back