Rand Paul trolls Marco Rubio on Twitter

I'm surprised that Paul would want to cozy up to Communist Cuba. I generally support Paul on most issues but not in this instance. If I had to choose between "isolationism" and "globalism/communism/one-worldism" I'd choose the former.

Globalism is a corporatist phenomenon. It's big multi-national corporations that want to take away your nation, not "communists".

I'm sorry you are too stupid to realize that.
You don't think Obama is a corporatist, Crony capitalist ...LOL ...:cuckoo:

Ya, Rubio is a liar. We know why he plays this gig:

He was the “son of exiles,” he told audiences, Cuban Americans forced off their beloved island after “a thug,” Fidel Castro, took power.
But a review of documents — including naturalization papers and other official records — reveals that the Florida Republican’s account embellishes the facts. The documents show that Rubio’s parents came to the United States and were admitted for permanent residence more than two-and-a-half years before Castro’s forces overthrew the Cuban government and took power on New Year’s Day 1959.

The supposed flight of Rubio’s parents has been at the core of the young senator’s political identity, both before and after his stunning tea-party-propelled victory in last year’s Senate election. Rubio — now considered a prospective 2012 Republican vice presidential candidate and a possible future presidential contender — mentions his parents in the second sentence of the official biography on his Senate Web site. It says that Mario and Oriales Rubio “came to America following Fidel Castro’s takeover.”
Marco Rubio s compelling family story embellishes facts documents show - The Washington Post

All things considered he could have slammed him a hell of a lot harder and I am not a Rand fan. At all.

It's too bad that the papers do not do this same type of investigating reporting with the Democrats.
It isn't about when they arrived, it's about why they had to stay in America.

That's a load of shit and you know it. Rubio played it for what it was worth. He got popped. And that's it.

He was the “son of exiles,” he told audiences, Cuban Americans forced off their beloved island after “a thug,” Fidel Castro, took power.
But a review of documents — including naturalization papers and other official records — reveals that the Florida Republican’s account embellishes the facts. The documents show that Rubio’s parents came to the United States and were admitted for permanent residence more than two-and-a-half years before Castro’s forces overthrew the Cuban government and took power on New Year’s Day 1959.

The supposed flight of Rubio’s parents has been at the core of the young senator’s political identity, both before and after his stunning tea-party-propelled victory in last year’s Senate election. Rubio — now considered a prospective 2012 Republican vice presidential candidate and a possible future presidential contender — mentions his parents in the second sentence of the official biography on his Senate Web site. It says that Mario and Oriales Rubio “came to America following Fidel Castro’s takeover.”
Marco Rubio s compelling family story embellishes facts documents show - The Washington Post

All things considered he could have slammed him a hell of a lot harder and I am not a Rand fan. At all.

It's too bad that the papers do not do this same type of investigating reporting with the Democrats.

That's a load of shit and you know it. Rubio played it for what it was worth. He got popped. And that's it.

Like I said. too bad the papers did not do the same when the president lied about the health care bill.

Like I said. too bad the papers did not do the same when the president lied about the health care bill.

Great way to deflect from the debacle, Peach.

Deflect ? No
I am making a point
The news report actually did some investigating reporting and found out when his parents came to America
They should have done the same thing and have done some investigating into the Health Care Bill. The people that read it knew he was lying about it but the news remained silent.

Deflect ? No
I am making a point
The news report actually did some investigating reporting and found out when his parents came to America
They should have done the same thing and have done some investigating into the Health Care Bill. The people that read it knew he was lying about it but the news remained silent.
It's deflection. It's a what-about-that-over-there thang.

We knew in the beginning that the prices for insurance were going to skyrocket with the health care bill when single payer was taken off the table. That isn't what the issue became.
It became the number of ways to make sure that medicaid was not expanded so that nobody had it. It became a denial of the number of states that created their own system.

But, that isn't what this thread is about. No matter how much you may not like it.

Deflect ? No
I am making a point

We knew in the beginning that the prices for insurance were going to skyrocket with the health care bill when single payer was taken off the table. That isn't what the issue became.
It became the number of ways to make sure that medicaid was not expanded so that nobody had it. It became a denial of the number of states that created their own system.

But, that isn't what this thread is about. No matter how much you may not like it.

I'm talking about how the news did some investigating reporting on this issue and should do investigating reporting on all issues. Which they don't.
You are the one who only picked up on the AHCA.

Deflect ? No
I am making a point

I'm talking about how the news did some investigating reporting on this issue and should do investigating reporting on all issues. Which they don't.

Nice try Peach.

Deflect ? No
I am making a point

Nice try Peach.

I'm not trying anything, I just made an observation.

Deflect ? No
I am making a point

Nice try Peach.

No. You deflected.

Marco Rubio knows more about the real situation in Cuba than Rand Paul. Paul argues from a theoretical standpoint rather than real world knowledge.

No. Rubio doesn't have any special knowledge.

He knows how to say whatever you want to hear.

Deflect ? No
I am making a point

Nice try Peach.

No. You deflected.

That's your opinion and your right to have it same as mine.
I don't care either way.
The news needs to start doing investigating reporting like this on all things not just pick and choose.

No. Rubio doesn't have any special knowledge.

He knows how to say whatever you want to hear.

He does, from his Grandfather, who returned to Cuba to try and start a business and realized it wasn't possible under Castro.

Nice try Peach.

No. You deflected.

That's your opinion and your right to have it same as mine.
I don't care either way.
The news needs to start doing investigating reporting like this on all things not just pick and choose.

At some point, you have to take responsibility for your own investigation. You have to read from left to right and wait for someone to tell on the other and then research the hell out of it to make sure that it wasn't taken out of context because what investigation is done is based on who owns the paper.

Forum List

Back