Rand Paul suggests shutting down the govt

This is an absolutely perfect example of why so many independents are turned off to the GOP right now, even though only a part of the party is behaving this way.

Wouldn't it make more sense to tone down the crazy rhetoric, get more Republicans elected, legislate and govern in a moderately conservative way, show people it works, gain more trust and votes, win more elections, and continue to move to the right as is appropriate?

These people want too much too soon, and it scares people away. Why in the world don't they see this?

"My way or the highway" doesn't help your cause when you're in the minority.

Independents are turned off by the GOP because they are exactly like their counterparts....addicted to spending. GOP doesn't want to cut spending, they want to spend money on the programs that they want. Rand and Independents want real spending cuts not slight of hand tricks.

You are seriously arguing that some sort of plurality of 'independents' don't want free gubmint stuff?

Okay, do it your way, shut 'er down, cause havoc, good luck with that.

Thank you cards from the Dems will be in the mail the next day, no doubt.

:rolleyes:

I couldn't care less what Democrats or most republicans think at this point.. THERES NO MONEY.. When are you people going to get this?? When banks are closed and our currency is worthless?? Then you won't have to worry about raising the INSANE DEBT CEILING..
Preach on sister :) This is the bottom line...PERIOD.

The sheeple need to get off the party bandwagon. Republicans and Dems are destroying this country...actually they have been destroying it for years, everything is just starting to catch up.

so what do you think would happen if we defaulted on the debt?

Our government, at this point, is the economic equivalent of a medieval doctor bleeding to death a patient suffering from a cold. The economy, just like the patient, would be better off being Left Alone.

I think a nice long government shut down is just what we need.

I couldn't care less what Democrats or most republicans think at this point.. THERES NO MONEY.. When are you people going to get this?? When banks are closed and our currency is worthless?? Then you won't have to worry about raising the INSANE DEBT CEILING..

The sheeple need to get off the party bandwagon. Republicans and Dems are destroying this country...actually they have been destroying it for years, everything is just starting to catch up.

so what do you think would happen if we defaulted on the debt?

We aren't going to default on the debt, you sad sack of sophistry. Interest on the debt this year is projected at $350B. With well over $2T of receipts, debt interest payments can be made. Saying we will default is a red herring.

The real worry is the threatened Moody's downgrade if we don't get spending under control. If that happens, interest rates will shoot up, and increase the interest expense.

Okay, do it your way, shut 'er down, cause havoc, good luck with that.

Thank you cards from the Dems will be in the mail the next day, no doubt.

:rolleyes:

It's absolutely amazing to me that some in both parties still worry about ideology and power plays over this towering debt that WILL destroy us.. no one argues that point.. they just don't care for some reason. IT'S LITERAL INSANITY.

dear idiot if you dont have the money to pay your bills you default

Indeed. So why is Obama increasing Spending when we don't have any money.

And to take your analogy further: If one has a limited income, does one pay one's mortgage, or does one go out and buy a new car and take an expensive vacation instead?

dear idiot if you dont have the money to pay your bills you default

Indeed. So why is Obama increasing Spending when we don't have any money.

And to take your analogy further: If one has a limited income, does one pay one's mortgage, or does one go out and buy a new car and take an expensive vacation instead?

You're going to drive TM to drink..Oh wait...:D:badgrin::razz::badgrin:

What happens in the REAL world if we do not raise the debt ceiling?

The government continues to collect tax receipts and faces the Real World situation of having to live within its means. Federal spending has increased over 25% in four years. It should be very easy to unroll that spending.

You people dont even know do you?

You will be the first clueless Zombie to screech and cry when your government check doesn't arrive because our currency is WORTHLESS.. GET IT? That is where we're headed.. We're already there , China just doesn't call in our debt because we sell all of their rotten products here.. They are NOT OUR ENDLESS PIGGY BANK.. WAKE UP

It's absolutely amazing to me that some in both parties still worry about ideology and power plays over this towering debt that WILL destroy us.. no one argues that point.. they just don't care for some reason. IT'S LITERAL INSANITY.
It's a travesty! Instead of Americans coming together and realizing these clowns (on both sides of the aisle) are taking us down the wrong road they fight among each other over ideologies that do not serve their best interest.

I cannot for the life of me wrap my head around this thinking.

The government has shut down in the past. Nothing terrible happened. Let it shut down.

The government continues to collect tax receipts and faces the Real World situation of having to live within its means.
YES!!! We the people shouldn't be FORCED to take on the burden because Uncle Sam has a spending problem.

Who goes out and spends more after they have maxxed out all their credit cards and simply cannot afford to buy any more things? Nobody...except our government. They do it because they can and the sheep line right up and say "We'll help out!! We need to pay our fair share!."

I wonder how long it would last if everyone on this board was forced to pay for my bills as I maxxed out all my credit cards, continued to open up new ones and ran up millions in debt.

You people would tell me to go eff myself lol.

I wonder how long it would last if everyone on this board was forced to pay for my bills if I maxxed out all my credit cards, continued to open up new ones and ran up millions in debt.

Is it your contention that 'independents' want to give up their free gubmint handouts, as you claimed above, or not?

I wonder how long it would last if everyone on this board was forced to pay for my bills if I maxxed out all my credit cards, continued to open up new ones and ran up millions in debt.

Is it your contention that 'independents' want to give up their free gubmint handouts, as you claimed above, or not?
I should have wrote independent/libertarian....

I should have wrote independent/libertarian... and yes that is my contention.

Perhaps the 1% who are actually Libertarians would.

Forum List

Back